How to get BEM now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Drainmav, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Drainmav

Drainmav Level 15

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone knows how we will earn the Blood Elf Mage card now since the entire menu section for it is gone with this recent update. I know they've said the ones we earned before but never claimed will be mailed to us during the next update so this isn't about those.

Maybe LocoJoy can shed some light on the matter for us?

PoppyLuppy likes this.
  2. SilentSpiral

SilentSpiral MT: Wrath of Ator Moderator

I believe when new players register they have an option of inputting an ID of the person who referred them

3. LocoJoy

LocoJoy Developer

BEM will be sent after every weekly maintenance. (Thursday.)

4. Mamilio

Mamilio Level 7

weekly maintenance is Thursday now? I thought it was tuesday before.

5. SilentSpiral

SilentSpiral MT: Wrath of Ator Moderator

6. Sebastian

Sebastian Level 4

LocoJoy, but, how do the new invited players can invite us back now? I mean, I just did invite and convince a friend to install and play the game. I also promised him he would earn a Blue Blood Elf card at level 10 by inviting me, but then we noticed that the menu is not there... Not only did I not get my reward from getting a new player... I also made the impression of having lied to him :( as there was not even a menu to backup my words... I even had to convince him to stop playing till I solve the issue, as I do not want to mess our possibility to earn the cards (that was even worst). But I really do not want to mess it.

Darn, some times it is highly difficult to get friends to play games with us.

Kamyuria likes this.
  7. Drainmav

Drainmav Level 15

Yeah I also don't understand how we're supposed to get new Blood Elf Mages now. If there is no menu to use the referral each account gets one of then how are we supposed to get new players to enter our ID and such for both of us to get our BEM?

I had assumed when LocoJoy said we'd be getting the BEM after maintenance he just meant the ones some of us never accepted due to card space before the update, and not new ones.

Also if the old ones we never accepted were going to be sent after Thursdays maintenance then there's a mistake as I never received mine. Hrm this is very confusing!

8. Nelle

Nelle Developer

Hello everyone

In this version we've been modifying some fundamental parts of our engine, we've done this to prepare for some of the changes we want to implement in future versions of the game, sadly we are currently experiencing some bugs due to this. the most critical ones are server side.
    We are working on a server patch, when we put that up at a server maintenance the most critical bugs will be fixed. (people with Chinese names make the game crash and blood elf mages)

How does this relate blood elf mages?
    We felt that having two interfaces related to friends was confusing, as the blood elf mage interface didn't really provide anything useful other than the actual blood elf mage rewards, we thought merge the two friend interfaces and just putting the blood elf mages in the existing rewards interface was the best solution.
    With the changes we made the client doesn't know anything about rewards, this data is all provided by the server and merely shown by the client, the blood elf mages where supposed to be a part of this data however due to some problems they are currently not.

What @LocoJoy said about sending out the mages at server maintenance was the temporary solution we planned on but it seems a lot of people was saving up the blood elf mages in their rewards and that way saving their card slots so we felt that players go retrieve them themselves is still the best solution.

We are working as fast as we can on this patch and testing the patch with a copy of the live data.
    Please hang on a little longer, your blood elf mages will be visible again soon :)

Cheers

Drainmav likes this.
  9. Drainmav

Drainmav Level 15

That is awesome to hear Nelle thank you so much for clarifying this!