how good is sigruna in pvp?

Discussion in 'General' started by jaxk, Jan 20, 2015.

1. jaxk

jaxk Level 5

Just got him recently. I have got my solid pvp team. And have some leftover resource. I have fought some random sigruna before in pvp and he didnt do too much damage. Could be cuz he has no good weapon convertion or just overall noob.

So for ppl that have sigruna and have success story with him in pvp? Whats ur opinion on sigruna in pvp?

2. DerpTurtle

DerpTurtle Level 12

I've fought some sigruna's in PVP and I find her annoying at time's. I think she is pretty good at taking out backline gunners/archer. I use a fairly squishy burst team though. (Sneak, Sneak, Susano)

3. zeroxlimits

zeroxlimits Level 24

I think she can be viable if you run her with Maria and Monte. Maria for her heal blocks and energy of goddess on her and Monte because he can trigger his crescent slash or w/e it's called with a 3-chain. She seems fun especially if you give her a bow that increases his critical chances since her passive gives +25% on top of her 17.25%.

4. jaxk

jaxk Level 5

When i used to run wizards at the back line, sigruna doesnt do too much damage. In fact its nrgligible. Probably becauze wizards has high resistant. And sigruna deals multiply low power magic damage. So do you think sigruna is only good at taking out other hunter or archer??

5. denniscakes

denniscakes Level 13

Medals:
    Her crit arrows are what end up killing the wizards. You need to make sure to just keep doing 3-chains, but you're right, her block damage doesn't do too much against them. Against archers/hunters, she really stacks up the damage.

I actually have 6* Sigruna and I use her in really specific situations. I use her into Himiko because I typically run with Susanoo/Nightingale/No. 9 and Himiko directly counters my No. 9 due to the crit reduction. Or if their back line is pretty squishy that I can just take them out quickly. She's super situational though and does pretty awful against high single target heals like Mew.

6. Fuhurt

Fuhurt Level 8

Sigruna - woompa - drake could be smth

7. zeroxlimits

zeroxlimits Level 24

@denniscakes is right. Sigruna's all about her crit arrows, that's where the power comes in. If you get her a bow that increases crit chances, you may see a bigger difference. Fuhurt brings up another good unit to possibly run with her - Drake. Drake ups crits as well.. so there could be something there, but as far as it goes it doesn't seem like there's much testing done for some of these units.

8. denniscakes

denniscakes Level 13

Medals:
    I think I'd actually rather go with a triple attack bow rather than a 2 attack 1 function because then I could put hero attack power and crit damage rather than crit chance. You get ~40% crit with her passive proct which is pretty high to begin with. I'd rather just raise the amount of damage each arrow is doing. But either way I think you bring up a good point in that there isn't a lot of testing with Sigruna which is kind of what I've been trying to do.

People are really hung up on Robin Hood and Hikari (with good reason) that there isn't really anyone trying to test with other archers. They see the Robin Hood, D'art, Maria combo and it's easy to replicate. It's pretty hard to test outside of what people see since you need either burst/sustained DPS at the moment otherwise you just get smashed when you run into something like Alex/Joan/Archon or Alex/Mew.

9. jaxk

jaxk Level 5

Considering sigruna needs 3 chain to do decent damage, dont you think there are way better hero that can deals more damage with chain3 (vincent archon maxi)?

10. zeroxlimits

zeroxlimits Level 24

Hmm I mean I could imagine 2 attack 1 function bow making her pretty OP - hero's attack power, crit dmg, and crit chance. Only reason why I'm thinking of upping crit chance is to guarantee the crits even more and that may put her over the top.

Agreed on the lack of testing with Archers. There's archers out there that I feel that could have some decent potential - Gon, Sigruna, and Hanzo (I know he's still used but I feel like there's other combos that can make him even stronger). I mean I can see Gon being fairly viable since he's kindof like a Robin Hood with the caveat in needing to give SP to the leader before proc'ing his passive. Perhaps pairing him with Cain might make him pretty good since Cain has 65% chance in proc'ing his 3-chain, but I read somewhere on here that it wasn't working properly or something? Not sure if it's been fixed...

I mean understandably people would just do what works because it gets the job done, but it'd be interesting to find more combos. Maybe in the future the developers will buff them a bit more (Gon mostly) to give them a chance in the current meta.

11. zeroxlimits

zeroxlimits Level 24

Well that's why it was mentioned she could be used situationally. She definitely won't be the squad that will end all squads because of her passive. But what we're trying to get at here is that she is still a viable unit to use. I mean the units you mentioned there are also heavily block dependent too, it's just a matter of building your team to fit them best. Like I suggested earlier with that squad - monte, maria, and sigruna can be viable. Are they the best for PVP? Probably not... but can they be effective? Yes.

12. jaxk

jaxk Level 5

I have Gon and to be honest im very dissapointed with him.
    reason being :
    1. Gon recovers only 18 sp to leader, in tome it said 30sp.
    2. His damage is meh. 1.4k for chain 3 damage after the enemy has been pierced by susanoo.

13. zeroxlimits

zeroxlimits Level 24

The 18sp is a limit given in PVP. I think I read it was a 60% of the total SP provided will be given. This also applies to Joan.

Do you have a Cain? If you do, try Cain (leader)/Susanno/Gon. See how that goes when the enemies are stun locked and have their armor torn away.

14. denniscakes

denniscakes Level 13

Medals:
    This right here. It's just a matter of trying to figure out how can characters be useable. In theory, every character should be playable in some way for PvP, it's just a matter of trying to figure out combinations that work. And that's kind of what makes it all interesting.

Actually going off of that, I saw a couple very successful Sigruna combinations recently. One being Sigruna, Green Elf and Leon which was pretty devastating. The other being Sigruna, Robin Hood and I believe it was Alex/Maria. It seems like she probably excels when she pairs with someone who can proct off 3-chains. But will need more testing.

15. jaxk

jaxk Level 5

Well the thing is gon recovers 30sp if he is the leader in pvp. So 1 block gives him 30sp + 15 sp for using 1 block = 45sp.