How can I beat "absorb" bosses?

Discussion in 'Fable Age' started by Showerbag, May 1, 2014.

1. Showerbag

Showerbag Level 8

I've been playing this game all week and just recently ran into a red boss that absorbs almost all damage so I cap at 9k per hit and deals damage well over my HP total. I have a very strong blue team with 150% burst gem dmg, 40% blue damage, and 25% lawful damage. I changed all reds to heart gems, then all heart gems to blue burst and my final outcome was about 250k/hit, doing double since it's blue against red. What should have been a ridiculous overkill doing 3,000,000+ dmg didn't even scratch him because he absorbed all but 45k of it. Is there some trick to downing these guys? Or is it just some cruel endurance battle against a guy that 1shots you?

2. Spite

Spite Level 4

There are a few ways to tackle this;

1) Using Big Bad Wolf and Water Swordsmaster to get your HP high enough to withstand one hit, then heal yourself and keep going.

2) Use stun attacks to make him take longer until he hits you. (thrushbeard and warlord)

3) Extra damage from Pheonix Prince per turn helps

4) Dragon Prince will win it for you as he will deal link damage rather than HP damage. If you're desperate, inbox me and I will give you my referral so you can use this hero.

5) Use % Block elixirs and any hero that boosts block % and try and block his attacks

3. Tjbakes

Tjbakes Level 3

pheonix prince 100% remove armour

4. Spite

Spite Level 4

That is not correct Tjbakes.
    Unless this latest update has changed it, the pheonix prince removes armour but not the "absorb" skill. They are completely different. You will just reach the absorbed cap easier without the enemy having any armour, but he will still absorb the same amount per hit.

5. Tjbakes

Tjbakes Level 3

true. i was thinking of the minotaur boss with the hammer. Not the spell obsorbing Troll.