Hello from JuiceBox!

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by Jason McGuirk, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenix6473

phoenix6473 Level 5

Few things which trouble me :( -

1. Please increase capture rates for rares, let the epic and legendary capture rates remain low. Its really tough to grind a character until level 100. Especially if you have to do it thrice (lvl 100 3* + lvl 100 3* = lvl 1 4* for epic or lvl 100 1* + lvl 100 1* = lvl 1 2* for legendaries ) So without fortifying a character, it will take ages to level up. And by the time we do make a good lvl 100 evo , there are far more powerful characters available!! Its like you buy a car, spend all your time tuning it to be the best and when you finish, there is a far better car available at the same price! Imagine yourself in that position. I can grind for perfect gears but levelling right now is a pain.

2. And make the research times a little faster. If your goal is to make more players play, you should be knowing that most dont have too much patience or time so they will choose not to play when they realise how long it will take to research one thing.

3. And its really funny how higher level dungeons give out minor heal potions and bronze runes. Rewards of a dungeon should be appropriate to the level of difficulty and the squad playing. If not whats the point of all the time spent in making our squad better?

4. And finally please make the stat boost visible during evolution as now we dont really know during evolving (especially for new players ) how much of a bonus we are getting. I almost evolved 2 legendaries at lvl 1 because i didnt know about the bonus but fortunately i found this forum before that.

Finally, This is one of the best games i played. I left Blood brothers because of this game. If you just iron out the few niggles which we players are bothered about, you will be even more popular :) Hope you listen to my suggestions, Thank you :)

gamer guy, Stu_Baby and Arthanor like this.
  2. Saibot_xvii

Saibot_xvii Level 4

Just a thought - I keep some of my "inferior" characters for farming. My Bandit squad is level 10, and I use them to farm level 20-25 missions for captures. They hit like a wet napkin, which is perfect for getting your target to low health for captures. No accidental kills after using energy to get there.

I also use a group of level 10 Haven Farmers or w/e they are (common brown 1-stars) to farm level 15-20 stuff. They hit like a dry napkin, which was instrumental in capturing Duskwing!

Eventually, I will have a squad for each 10 levels just in case I ever want to go back to older content to capture something. It isn't epic for end-game, I won't be the champion of the PvP arena list, and I really don't care. Ogre Chief is worth keeping just for the look - like he just squished two haven guard captains and their swords got stuck in his club.

The extra bonus? When I am offline, I can keep a weak-sauce squad as my party. When other players attack me, it lowers my PvP rating (to minimum bracket points), and my PvP sorting stays easier. I can refrain from advancing to master pitfighter, and continue to fight novices for easy pwnage. Losing offline or in quest maps doesn't hinder my win streak, but I haven't bothered to see if it reduces my weekly point standing. *shrugz*

Charsiupao likes this.
  3. wpatter6

wpatter6 Level 9

Here's what I think when I see your company's name:

4. xTerenz

xTerenz Level 2

Some social features would be nice! Chatting/trading with friends or even just looking them up.

5. Learis

Learis Guest

Overall this is a very fun game.

- There are two main things I dislike.

1) Energy requirements: It's frustrating how quickly energy runs out. Then having to wait ~2 hrs to recharge. The money spent buying energy packs can get really high if you're not willing to wait. It would be nice if energy charge rates were decreased or if energy packs were allowed to be bought with gold or embers and not solely diamonds.

2) Research wait times: They become absurdly long. I just don't understand the purpose that such long times serve.

- Things I'd like to see improved

pvp: While fun, the pvp in this game is not really pvp. It's still fighting the computer who happens to be using a player's team. It's simply not the same satisfaction and challenge as fighting a real person on the other side. I'd like to see another real pvp mode added at some point.

heroes: It's sad to see that 90% of the heroes end up being obsolete. They should all have ways of being upgraded to roughly epic levels, so as to allow people to keep the heroes they like to the end.

Spells: Spells feel very mysterious in this game. No real stats for them. Also, a lot seem to have practically the same description to them, with just the names of the spells distinguishing them. I'd like spells to be more fleshed out in their uniqueness and attributes.

That's it! Great game. I just worry about the end content becoming stale without real pvp.

Saibot_xvii likes this.
  6. Saibot_xvii

Saibot_xvii Level 4

^This, plus I wish there was a way to get diamonds in Map content (aside from Achievements). If I can get 25 diamonds for winning 54 PvP fights (and losing 1 to reset, or 60 to reset win streak rewards), why not grant players approximately equal chances for diamonds from map board fights?

Factors
    Arena Energy - 3600 seconds recharge, Capacity 3 (180 minute full recharge), 25 diamonds per 55 or 60 win streak
    Map Energy (Baseline No Research) - 300 seconds recharge, Capacity 15 (75 minute full recharge), zero diamonds per win streak
    Map Energy (Maximum Research) - 200 seconds recharge, Capacity 33 (110 minute full recharge),zero diamonds per win streak

What would seem fair?
    Personally, I think recharge times are the crucial factor, so a range of 10 to 15 diamonds per 60 map fights win streak would seem balanced to me.

7. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

It's too easy to win map fights though. Most of us won't play a map unless they are sure to steamroll all opposition, otherwise you won't make it to the end unless you spend all your gold in potions and scrolls. There is already ancestral knowledge that also give diamonds (rarely).

At least in pvp, it is supposed to be a challenge to get streaks, even though it really isn't that challenging..

8. Saibot_xvii

Saibot_xvii Level 4

Excellent argument. >_>

Well, let's just not have another option to get diamonds. That sounds better. Thanks for your support, and for clearing this up for me.

9. Unohoo

Unohoo Guest

Another thought, for the later levels where the maps are insanely long - have a secret passage / shortcut which is unlocked after the first successful full run through. This could reduce the energy requirement from, say, 5 full bars to 2 full bars. It's hard enough to capture bosses as it is, without also needing a day's worth of energy to get to them in the first place.

10. Kurai Hiryuu

Kurai Hiryuu Level 2

Did we stop getting daily rewards? I haven't seen one in ages and I'm on everyday.

11. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

Apparently daily rewards run for 30 days. Once you got them all, there's nothing more to get :/

12. Jopman

Jopman Level 8

How do you vote for what sex you are?

13. SimplyNill

SimplyNill Level 1

Let me know exactly which mission nets me Treasure Map 5. I believe either you guys missed some communication because I've heard that you can get Map 5 from the "Grim Tidings" mission but the tooltip says that I'll eventually get it through story missions? "Continue on your quest to save the land to get the treasure map to unlock this mine" or "Continue on your quest to save the land to get this treasure map."

Every now and then I get a bug where I'm eligible to do the cave missions before I've unlocked them and so I can see what level they require. I believe that the 5th cave (4th treasure map) is harder than the 6th and 7th?

Gear used to be dropping at a fairly decent rate leveling up but getting Cobalt gear has been scarce. I've noticed that the "Under the Mountains" area in the "All Hail King Ballow!" mission drops Cobalt gear at a decent rate. So could you guys balance that out a bit?

14. stevep83

stevep83 Level 3

First I must say that I love the game. With that said though just a few things.

1) I wish something would be created that would allow us to do something in the game whenever our energy rate is out. I'm not sure what the solution is to this, but it's frustrating to realize I have time to sit down and play the game, and then 5 minutes later I'm out of energy and there's nothing for me to do until it fills again. I get that the makers have to make their money, but I feel over time this will drive some players away. I already suggested the game to someone else who quit after just a couple of days for this very reason. If you only allow your players to play for 5 minutes at a time and have to wait a couple of hours to play more then they will go play something else and you risk them not coming back. I'm not real sure what the real solution would be, but there needs to be a better middle ground between the makers making money on energy rates and us being able to play the game more than a few minutes at a time without spending a ton of money. Like maybe one of a few options here:
    A) A certain amount of diamonds earns you a play as much as you want for a certain amount of time. For example 100 diamonds gets you unlimited turns for an hour or something which to me would perhaps actually earn the makers of the game more money than the current system while also giving the customers a feel of getting more for their money since the current system is 60 diamonds for just one energy pack which you'll need multiple ones in order to get all the way through. The player would still have the option of just waiting the allotted time in order to regain energy.
    B) If you can't do something like the above then at least stop wasting energy on moves that don't even do anything like taking 2-3 energy moves before even getting somewhere. The other day I moved up 3 spots before getting to a fight, and then after that fight I moved 2 more spots to get to a bag of coins. That's 5 moves for just one battle, or in other words over 20 minutes of wait time to do a single battle. That's extra insulting if you actually used 60 diamonds for an energy pack just to watch most of it be wasted on that sort of thing.
    C) As someone posted earlier, make lower level dungeons energy free after completing them, or at least have a system where you complete a dungeon, and then you can redo it after finishing energy free, but the dungeon just won't have any treasure chests again until a 2 hour waiting period or something so that we can still play and level up units, but we can't just farm out rewards on chests over and over.

Some may have a better idea than I do, but the way the current system is with how long the dungeons are you either take a day or more to get through one single dungeon, or you're required to spend multiple diamonds, and even when you do spend diamonds you may have to use 3 or more energy packs in order to complete one, and in terms of diamonds that can be 180 diamonds or more just to complete 1 single dungeon, or roughly 2 dollars which isn't even close to a good value IMO. Perhaps this wouldn't be such a bad thing if we were allowed to switch out squads for other things while we were in a dungeon waiting for more energy. Like right now with the horde event going on.....I shouldn't have to talk myself out of entering a dungeon with a lower ranked squad in order to level up some guys just because my horde key is coming up in 20 minutes and I will get destroyed in the horde tower with the low level squad so I end up either waiting several hours to enter the horde tower, or just not trying to level up my low level guys. The same goes for pvp.

15. kungpoww

kungpoww Guest

Please please please can you sort out the treasure chests in the burning alter even. They still aren't giving me anything so what's the point in them being on the map ???? Just 1 of the many bugs with new quest aswell as my prises disappeared when I log out

16. Gien_

Gien_ Moderator

Juicebox no longer checks this thread for replies, so questions about recent events or bugs belong in a different thread

This thread is now locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.