Hello from JuiceBox!

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by Jason McGuirk, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arniepike

arniepike Level 1

I've been playing this game for two weeks now and i really enjoyed it... hope my suggestion help improve the game.

1. Put a "Class icon" on top of the enemy so we players are aware of what class we are fighting.

2. A "Heroes Database or Book" where we can search the ability or each evolution stage of a certain hero. I mean i don't want to waste my time capturing a 1 star rare enemy, i'd rather go for 3 or 4 star but im not familiar by just looking at the enemy because we have no reference to it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Level 8

I wish there was some way to upgrade older summons like the Commons and Uncommons to make them usable all the way to the end. They needn't be as strong as the Epics and Legendaries, but from a RP perspective I'm really really reluctant to abandon my bandit companions in favour of more exotic creatures. They've been with me since the first few missions, some captured, some summoned, but I'm really attached to them. Perhaps if we could have the option of evolving older, weaker cards into stronger versions by adding more cards, or maybe diamonds to boost them? My Bandit Sniper, Runeweaver and Thug have been loyal companions and some of the early cards have some of the coolest and cutest artwork. Even if they'd be hopelessly outclassed in PvP it'd be great if they were a viable option for PvE all the way. I'm sure other people also have favourite cards which had to eventually be tearfully discarded in favour of something infinitely less likeable (but more powerful) just for their stats..

Saibot_xvii likes this.
  3. Natalata

Natalata Level 5

The card packs have ruined the game for me. I always thought that if I didn't pay a lot into the game id just have to play more and grind to overcome the premium side of things. But now these new legendaries mean that they will always be stronger no matter how much I play with my free to play guys. Whats the point anymore. At the top of the leader board when it comes to it. There will always be someone who paid more than I did (and not played).

4. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

The recent changes have made the game much less interesting indeed. Coins are harder than before to come by (and mines require too much work recapturing for what they are worth), captures are harder than before, and spending cash means more than before..

So we're all supposed to shell out hundreds and hope for the newest legendary that's even more OP than the previous one? Or play catch up by grinding some levels hundreds of time when the legendaries do come out in missions with 1% capture rate while the heavy payers are already summoning the next iteration of power?

When I started this game, it looked like it was designed to have every player spend a little (unlock the researchers, get an energy boost to finish a mission as an event ends, get more coins because you're impatient to start the next research project) and I loved that. Make everyone spend a little cash and have fun, not try to milk a few big spenders of hundreds of dollars at a time.

Now, with only 3 researchers, I can barely afford to give them something to research. My mines always need to be retaken and hardly give any coins, so I don't bother to waste the time. Capturing the epic I want looks hopeless between needing to hit the monster just hard enough and the 2%-5% chance, and the new missions with a bazillion steps of grinding take forever to complete. And let's not forget the graphics, which took a plunge on my phone for no reason. Wasn't crashing much before, and at least it looked pretty.

What is cool with this game are individual fights where you barely squeak by with some health on one hero, like pvp and boss fights. Grinding through 50 fights where you need to obliterate the opposition otherwise the attrition through the super long mission means you will die or waste too many resources to make it worthwhile is not exciting. I'm level 80 fighting high 60s, it's not exciting, but that's where I need to be if I want my cleric to keep everyone healthy for the next fight and the next, and the next.. and the next.. *snores*

Keep missions short and challenging, maybe even heal 10% of health per step, or allow some spells to be cast outside of combat, with some mana per step. How is it that I want a fight to drag on so I can heal instead of trying to get out of it asap and recover? It makes no sense!

You had a great game but you messed it up. I'm still hoping you'll fix it, that's how great an impression the first version made on me..

dalvian likes this.
  5. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

yes,yes keep moaning.we all are very interested. no one is forcing you to play the game ,if you dont like it,delete it and problem solved

6. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

I'm glad you like the game enough to defend it so fanatically. I don't know why you think this post is addressed to you or other gamers though, the developers started the thread asking for feedback. Deleting a game I used to enjoy because it changed also is not "problem solved", it is "problem maximized": they lose a customer and I lose the entertainment.

What I am doing is comparing a previous version of the game to its current state. This thread is about feedback to the developers, right? That's what the post provide: what was good, was isn't good and what could make it better.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  7. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

First off all,plz don't mind what i said earlier! I made a mistake,got furious when saw you complain about capture rates! As per the rest now down below!

1) Why excatly mines require much work? U said ur lvl 80,I believe its enough to autoplay to the end of treasure map 4 within less than 10 minutes! And they don't even cost energy!
    2) You are not supposed to shell out anything if you can't afford or don't want to support the delevoper! Let other spend hundreds or thousands,it doesn't affect u directly,does it!?
    3) It was designed to make the money for whoever is the developer,it's their business!
    4) Agree about the graphics,HD version is gone,also SD is good enough! And don't agree about the capture rate,I think its just fine..it feels good when you catch something,compared to what it used to be,when u knew that u'll get what u want just spending a lot of time at it and attacking that 0%. Maybe you need a tip how to set up ur team when going on capture spree?? Is 20 captured foes a good run for you on the map which needs around 50 energy to complete?
    5) Which one is it? You like when its a tough fight or you prefare a autoplay walkover? Because at the begging ur saying its cool when you beraly survive and a moment later complain than tough fights drain ur resources!!!!

8. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

Ah! That's a much more interesting response! No worries about earlier.

1) I can autoplay the first 4 mines, yes, but have to pay some attention for the 5th mine. It just seems like such a boring way to give players coins: "Repeat this dungeon every day, plus log in every 3 hours to collect" is really not entertaining. I should be playing and enjoying the game, not looking at it play itself! It's good they don't cost energy (and give some runes/scrolls), indeed.

2-3) I know, but I like games based around making it worthwhile to spend some money for everyone rather than trying to milk the rich/addicted gamers and giving subpar content to everyone else. Maybe I should just look for a game that costs 20$ to purchase and offers no IAP..

4.1) SD is alright. I am mostly grumpy about not being given the choice. I'd rather be able to chose than have the developers do it for me. Install the game in SD, give the players the option to have HD regardless of platform and they can decide if they want the game to crash occasionally but look good or be stable and look bad.

4.2) I can't do 20 captures but I have gotten close a couple times. It mostly depends on how reliably I can get enemies weak enough (and them not having 2-3 atk bonus and hitting for ridiculous amounts). The region between a kill and not enough damage is pretty small, but on maps where it lines up, I have had to stop capturing because I was running out of room. I think common/uncommons should be easier to capture, but rares/epics/legendaries are ok.

5) I prefer fights that I can barely survive in terms of entertainment, they are fun to play and you have to think about what you are going to do (similar to taking on another player close to your level, pvp is much more entertaining than pve). Sadly, when missions last 50 steps and damage carries on between fights, you either have to spend a lot in scrolls and potions, or play missions at a much lower level than yours so it becomes an easy grind. I have found no "sweet spot" of challenging but sustainable, only boring and sustainable, or challenging but you're going to die before the end of the mission. As I described earlier, the best I have found is challenging but you end up wanting to prolong fights so your cleric can heal your heroes, which makes no sense, takes a while and isn't entertaining either. Hence my suggestion to allow healing in between fights to a certain amount. Then you could sustain ending fights without full health but tough fights would require potions. Sort of like many hack-n-slash games do it with orbs: They keep you going through fight after fight, until the real challenge comes and you better have some potions.

9. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

Ok,I c ur point! Ur lookin for entertainment and strategical desicions all the way and are not so much in it for grinding! I on the other hand enjoy crazy grinding all day long,I get entertained by lvling heros,maxing them,collecting staff and stockpiling runes! it's all good,just a clash of ways how dif ppl enjoy games!
    Tip: You don't have to stop capturing when you are running out of space for heros! For instance 34 out of 35 of your slots are taken,it doesn't mean that if you go on the mission you will only be able to capture 1 foe! You can capture them all(lol),ten,fifteen,twenty...it won't blcok you! When ur done and come back to ur dungeon and tap SQUAD,u'll see somin like 48/35 in red,now fortify min 14 of them and go to harvest again!
    Tip:(WARNING,it's time consuming) regarding 5) So,leave the lowest lvl mine captured by bandits all the time! Now when in tough battles in PvE and your squad gets heavely bruised (not dead thou),tap HOME,tap BATTLE,choose the lowest lvl mine,start first encounter and use ur cleric to repair ur team members,finish them off,tap EXIT and continue with ur original mission with fully recovered squad at no cost of potions! It will take some of ur time,but also at the same time will get at least 1 energy recharged aswell!

10. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

You can do mines while in missions?! I knew you could collect them, but not that you could run them! Also great to know about squad size. I thought it might work this way, but was scared it would do something stupid, like delete my older heroes to make space for the new ones, so I never tried.

Thanks for the tips dude! That's invaluable info :D

Saibot_xvii likes this.
  11. Juicebox Jared

Juicebox Jared Level 5

Right now? No. That's still the way things are.

Natalata likes this.
  12. Juicebox Jared

Juicebox Jared Level 5

Would you like it if there were researches that could increase your mine capacity, thereby letting you collect from them less often?

Mantras likes this.
  13. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

Leva e alone that nonsense,JB have ruined the mines already,they r useless!

14. Juicebox Jared

Juicebox Jared Level 5

Okay, how would you like to see mines improved?

15. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

Is it true that capture is going to cost 6 mana now? Does that also mean that we get more of it at the start of the battle? Set up your own forums,so that everyone can get involved with ideas and opinions! Not that many ppl come to appinvasion/honorbound

16. Juicebox Jared

Juicebox Jared Level 5

I can't say anything about capture costs, as that would be discussing unreleased content (if we were making a change).

Setting up our own forums is something that I'm working on.

dalvian likes this.
  17. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

It's defo 6 then! people capture while you can,they plan to double the cost of it!

18. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

Capture is already difficult.. Come on guys! Getting smacked in the face for three rounds by a dying mob while skipping turns with your 4 heroes already feels stupid, only being able to cast capture every two turns would be horrendous. Don't break the game more by making something that sucks suck even more..

If you are going to make a change to captures, make it one try only with higher chance (like 10% if now we get 5,5,3,2%) so we can stop wasting time with the boring gameplay. Or make it so that the target of a capture is stunned for a turn if it fails. Something to get through the stupidity of letting yourself get hit while standing still and crossing your fingers. Also, up those common and uncommon capture chances, they're not worth trying right now. Small reward, barely better odds than rares..

Regarding mines, a research line similar to the ember one would be a small improvement. Currently, 5 golds per minute up to 900 is worthless. Projects cost hundreds of thousands if not millions!

Away to "garrison" mines would be cool to, to reduce the odds of then falling to bandits and giving heroes that have been replaced on your team something better to do than getting fed for 1k do to your new "flavor of the OP summon" hero.

You had a great game and people care about it. Please listen and stop trying to screw us over (like the crazy summons, or buying gear since you reduced the drop rates). I wanted to give you my money for an amazing game, but all kinds of frustrating changes came and I thought: "why bother? All they care for are the rich lazy people willing to cough up 300$ for a upcoming summons and then to gear it".

Make the game cool for small players again! I'll stick with you, spend and review favorably and I can't be the only one! Of course, if a few whales are worth more than a ton of small fish to you, keep going.

(Note: I'm hash because I care. I loved your game, registered here to be part of the community and on the wiki to help out. Keep making a great game like you were, we both know you can!)

Mantras likes this.
  19. Unohoo

Unohoo Guest

A small suggestion - change the icon for skip and/or auto-battle so that they are less similar to each other. At the moment they're both mainly a large white sword, and both are near the bottom right of the screen. Particularly now that the mines need grinding, I find it's too easy to press auto-battle without thinking and kill the boss just after it's become capturable!

dalvian likes this.
  20. B6937

B6937 Level 2

I understand the reasoning behind nerfing the capture rates. However would it be possible to perhaps give a research ability that increases chances of capture or increases the threshold that cards become capturable at? And perhaps a research that increases the rewards received in dungeons. The problem that I personally am starting to run into with this game is that when I started to play I would run through a dungeon and be excited about my captures or treasure and it kept me interested. Now through the nerfs (granted some were necessary) and no further storyline, the dungeons have become a monotonous grind and the game that I was really enjoying is quickly losing anything that I perceived as fun. I don't even mind that I may have to work to unlock content. Another idea to bring back the fun might be some sort of upgrades for the arena. Maybe the amount of arena fights could be upped, or the ability to used potions during a battle even if the better ones got more expensive to compensate, or a side bar of characters (knowing that your opponent has knights you would want to pull in your magic users or if they have magic users you would want your archers).

Sorry about the length and thank you for listening to your customers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.