Hello from JuiceBox!

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by Jason McGuirk, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ggeo

Ggeo Level 6

Hi Jason, according to one of your posts regarding the future updates and how evolution works especially your response to arcanist regarding how it all works. You clearly stated level 100 Heros gain.10% of stats instead of 5% . And I understood that equipped gear and attributes do not matter. After countless hours, and diamonds, ember, runes, and captures spent.i levelled my level 100 rune foresters and discover only a 5% boost. It's bad enough that there were nothing stating about evolutions in game which caused me to make bad decisions earlier. Now that I finally learn more from you, it's faulty information... If I had known gears and attributes give 5% boost and leveling to 100 only gives 5%. I would of kept them at lvl 80. Equipped epics and legendary gear and got a better hero for much less time and cost. Pls find a way to compensate me / fix hero stats if possible and a few fellow players who went through the hardships of testing the early stages of the game by investing time and money. And don't turn into another game that's all about maximizing profits and nothing else. Much appreciated.

2. Juicebox Jared

Juicebox Jared Level 5

Hey Folks,

Jared from JuiceBox here. Right now evolution only gives the 5% bonus instead of the 10% at level 100. This is something we're looking into. If we stay at 5%, we'll make sure the messaging is absolutely clear. If we do get the 10% working I'll make sure to update everyone here asap.

Natalata likes this.
  3. dhawin

dhawin Level 7

if there was something thatbim annoyed with the game, is seeing a lvl 6 player named denniz topping the PvP board, i dont know if its just a glitch and hes actually lvl 98 or that hes a hacker, if its the latter, then please fix this one devs coz it ruins the whole point of building a good team just to be taken out by denniz the menace

4. Boochies

Boochies Guest

I haven't gone through all the thread to see if this was said already, but..

It would add some replay-ability if there were some way to view a collection of all the heroes you have 'collected'. There could be some reward for collecting a certain amount, with diamonds as a reward. You wouldn't have to keep all of the heroes, but once you captured or released them they would be added to a page where you could view them and their skills, etc. It would make it even deeper if you had to collect them at each of their evolutions as well.

Another thing that seems bothersome is having to have your commander in your squad at all times. Maybe once you completed a dungeon you could replay them without the commander so you can level other characters to even out your squad. There may have to be a level cap so other heroes, besides the commander, don't get too much higher than your comm. Also, PVP wouldn't be available if you didn't have your comm in your squad, or something of the sorts.

Just a few thoughts, take them for what they're worth.

5. Juicebox Jared

Juicebox Jared Level 5

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! Keep them coming. I'll be checking back on this thread and forum regularly.

6. Ggeo

Ggeo Level 6

Maybe make potions and resurrection scrolls sellable like 70-75% of cost would be ideal, I opened like 100 caskets, not enough ember and gold all pots and scrolls, waste of time. And diamonds . Like being able to sell it for a bit of a loss would be ideal. So a 15k pot should be able to sell for 12k or 10k at least, also I heard mass regent cost 6 mana now cuz it's merged, is this not Availible to iOS users yet? Only the heal reduction is in effect?

7. Ignius

Ignius Guest

Like the game and new update. But new update as makes the characters look like Picasso art and have to tap ability button twice to use it. Using iPad 2.

8. Piotr “Artur” Piotrowski

Piotr “Artur” Piotrowski Level 1

Would like to see proper mouse support on Android guys.

9. Natalata

Natalata Level 5

Been playing te game for about a month tho. I thought of some improvements pherhaps you could consider

1. End turn button - instead of skipping through all heroes.
    2. See captured heroes during a mission.
    3. See stats being carried over from heroes when evolving.
    4. See experience required to next level up.
    5. Separate set squad for pvp and pve

But yeah. Love the game guys, whatever you do keep up the good work.

Yiang and PandaPoo like this.
  10. PandaPoo

PandaPoo Level 3

I have a good one: when you select a potion from your inventory to use on your heroes, after confirming it, it should not divert back to what the game thinks I should use. I know what's best for my troops.

11. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

agreed! Also an actual hero count on the SQUAD button,so you see it without a need to tap it to check the count in order to safely go on the mission and knowing you will be able to capture,its a waste of time!

12. Juicebox Jared

Juicebox Jared Level 5

Thanks for the suggestions. Just a note, we do consider every suggestion brought to us. Every day I tag all of the e-mails we get with feedback and suggestions. I pick one each day to read to the team, and then each weekend I sit down and go through all of them to create a sentiment report that I send out to the team. It's a bit time-consuming, but it makes sure your voices are heard.

Mantras likes this.
  13. PandaPoo

PandaPoo Level 3

During battle, it would be beneficial to view the stats by clicking on the hero/portrait. This way we can determine buff/debuff stats and update the Wiki.

Yiang likes this.
  14. TootieFrooty

TootieFrooty Level 3

i have some suggestions to share here:-

1) for PVP make it a real fight with online players. Put a timer on each turn. I think that will make it more interesting.
    2) add a friendlist capability so that we can add our friends and battle them
    3) Increase the capture rate a bit? :( i've been trying to capture gorg since i was level 40 until now which is level 70 still no luck!
    4) search capability to search for players? :D
    5) guild/clan functionality maybe :D
    6) group fights maybe (party concept) :D
    7) More boss events!

overall this game is okay. I like it. Just have to be extra patient with it.

Holla from Malaysia! :D

15. HardToName

HardToName Level 3

Some more suggestions:

As I've leveled up, I've noticed the game gets slow and obsolete very quickly. I'd like to see the game scale better, especially in terms of rewarding the player. The gameplay is begging for more rewards in order to scale correctly. I'd also like to see harder challenges with bigger rewards. One thing I was thinking about were "legendary routes" - route options you get in the game of varying difficulty with extremely high rewards for taking much more difficult (NOT long) routes. Another idea is that these routes can have battles with certain passives based on the tile they are located on. This is something you can add to higher level gameplay to make it more rewarding. The passives can be used to make the battles much harder, such as a magical and physical ward added to the monsters' original passives, making these routes an extremely interesting gameplay option for those who seek more rewards.

Also. who the hell designed the fortify system? Why am I limited to fortifying 2 heroes, after which I have to re-enter the screen and repeat the whole process through the lagged GUI like 20 more times to empty my library. Look, I (and everybody else) doesn't care if the cards are elegantly exhibited in pretty ritualistic circles, I just want to fortify my cards without making a whole event out of it. On a similar note, nobody wants to watch every monster on the field cast their passive for every battle. There has to be a more palatable way to do this without forcing players to watch the same few motions for extremely repetitive battles.

Many have complained about the capture system. I understand your reasons for lowering the rates, but that obviously created a lot of problems. I'd like to see this system developed further. One idea I have for you is to make capture rate scale up with level. There's no reason a level 110 hero shouldn't be able to capture a level 70 rare with at least a 20% rate.

Lastly, I would love to see an option to research the ability to keep a monster's level while capturing him. I could see this working very well if added as a Leadership 9 or 10 ability. While I'm pretty sure everyone would be happy seeing my above suggestions, I'm not sure how much the community would like this one.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    TootieFrooty likes this.
  16. Natalata

Natalata Level 5

is there any more on this?

17. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

I strongly agree about fortify nonsense...make at least 10 slots to fortify at the same time!

Also I don't think capture rate is too bad,but one thing you could do is raise the capture rate for affinities....like is would be easier to capture Lunar foes with Lunar commander,terras with terra commander and so on!

18. BreadPit

BreadPit Level 5

Yeah, fortifying should be changed, maybe banish too. The animations do in fact look nice and all but having to open the banish/fortify menu repeatedly can get a bit annoying (and unnecessarily long).

I don't think it would be a good idea to add too much diversity to the commanders like that though. After all, there's no way to just switch him out for another one so if, for example, I wanted to catch a nice spirit hero with my Terra commander I'd be at a disadvantage compared to players with the Spirit Sentinel commander.

Also, I recently noticed that elemental buffs like the one from Duskwing Verdant seem to apply to commanders of ALL affinities so I guess commanders having the same chances regardless of affinity is an intended feature ;3

19. Natalata

Natalata Level 5

What about being able to choose what skills are equipped on a hero? Obviously it could be done as set skill choices determined by the heroes class, research can be incorporated in order to unlock these skills or to improve them individually.

ive personally found this as something id like to see in cases where i like the cosmetic look of a hero but prefer a skill that is on another.

20. BreadPit

BreadPit Level 5

First of all let me tell you that Honorbound is a great game overall, I love the whole design of it from its art to its music and presentation. I like that captures feel more rewarding after the nerf, I like how Mass Regen feels good but not overpowered now and I like that Warrior's Cleave damage feels adequate now as well.

What I don't like are the addition of Gard as a money-only hero and the recent reduction of gear drop rates.
    Concerning the gear drop rates (and similiar changes before) I'd like to ask why there hasn't been any kind of changelog about such changes, some of them are really difficult to find out and the players generally want to know what changed in order to prepare (both mentally and gameplay-wise) for it. A simple "we fixed stuff" is nice to hear but not very revealing :p

Here's some feedback regarding Gard and the reduction of gear drop rates:

Gard's too strong stat-wise. You probably already had a whole flood of people telling you that but I really feel like pointing it out once more. His stats aren't "good" but simply superior to every other hero in every stat except luck (but who needs to go first in PvP with such a strong hero anyway...)

The reduction of gear drop rates bugs me a bit more though: It has already been a long grind to not only get gear of good quality but there was also the chance to get "bad" gear types too and the chance to get duplicates over and over again. Sure, that's bad luck, but after finding the 8th "Pristine Cobalt Ring of Resistance" when I went through Cave 4 repeatedly back in the day it did get a bit annoying.
    Also, Dual-Stat gear seems to be the better choice in general since they do give more stats overall so every type of gear that gives only 1 stat bonus is considered to be "bad" in comparison by many. The chances to get both a dual-stat gear AND the right type of it (like finding "X of the Storm" when you have an all-magic team instead of "X of the Assassin") makes getting good gear a looooong process already. I doubt this process needs to be stretched out even more.

My suggestion: If you intend to keep the rates this low, why not at least change it so equipping new gear doesn't destroy the old one but simply lets it go back into the inventory? This way people will be less hesitant about switching between heroes. Right now, I seriously think twice about equipping a gear with "Perfect" because I might, someday, in a few weeks (or months), have another level 100 hero that needs it more so I don't equip it with my current (rather strong but not perfect) hero. This does give off a feel of being "locked" into a specific squad.

That is all for now, thanks for reading :3

EDIT: Now that the newest update came out for iOS it seems that the gear drop rate reduction only affects caves (for obvious reasons)? If that's indeed the case then ignore what I said above, drop rates are still alright then :)
    Probably shouldn't believe those Android users that easily :p

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.