[GUIDE] Unit Glossary

Discussion in 'Units' started by jerkysans, Sep 11, 2014.

1. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

I'm unsure. Is Dia as sound as Lodin for Arena lead? She's probably second tier compared to Lodin. But a good option nonetheless. Can anyone else confirm?

Sam Le likes this.
  2. Angel Isaac

Angel Isaac Level 44

Well, you should change the "no 6* form in the future" for the recently announced ones

3. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Help a brother out and point them? Lidith tier, Ziz tier, trash tier will be updated as soon as their 6* forms get released in JP. Karl and Seria I'll change later.

Angel Isaac likes this.
  4. Angel Isaac

Angel Isaac Level 44

Those are pretty much the only ones until Reed's tier comes over to Global

5. Musical Nostalgia

Musical Nostalgia Level 59

Medals:
    *sigh*
    Mardefusu -
    Best in - Crit teams, Mono Water Crit team
    My Over View - As a Breaker, Mary has one of the highest attacks in the game [competes with Kajah, Dilma], yet is still outclassed as a Crit Buffer by obviously Duel SGX. As well as having super low hit count.
    As a typical water unit he suffers the High Atk, Low Def curse.

Dark Warlord Zephyr
    Best in Crit teams, Metal Parades, Raids, and Mono Dark teams
    Over view- Zephyr is in a competition between Dilma and Olven for whom ever has the best Ignore defense. His SBB is useful for a Mono-dark team because his Atk Buff only Buffs Dark Units. [Buff is about 40%]
    He is a good rounded stats as a Lord Typing, but obviously we all prefer Anima.

Worldy Themis
    Best in - Maxwell, all Around Healer, Rainbow teams,
    My Overview - Themis is a great healer for Maxwell given she gains the buff to let your units give dark atks for 3 turns. Her elemental typing being light is also an advantage for questing. And her SBB provides a Rec+ Boast so it makes healing a little more efficient. Sadly though she doesnt provide that much use as Elimo due to Elimo having Damage reduction and Def up buff.

Exvel
    Best in Raids, Mono teams, Rainbow teams, and Maxwell
    Overview- Exvel pretty much outclasses Melchio due to a few things. He cures any stat ailment already inflicted upon you. Add A refine gem + a Medulla/Malice jewel and you're in for a nice rounded unit. Not only curing Stats Aliments, but giving you what Melchio original gives, 3 turns of immunity. For an added Bonus his SBB provides 24 hits of Thunder damage, making this dragon very valuable for a BB spam team. Sadly though, this dragon suffers the thunder element curse, which is mostly very high atk and low Def.

-------------------------
    That's just my brief over view on things @jerkysans
    Obviously I can be a little more in detail but I cant think much when Im focused on other things.
    If I have time I'll insight on more units.

6. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Thanks, @Musical Nostalgia ! I am tempted to copy-paste Maryudefus lol. Will add these but I think I can safely skip Dalvy tier for now. Added Themis already and will add Zephyr later.

7. Musical Nostalgia

Medals:
    *shrugs* I can look at a couple of units easily. Due to the fact I have all the Daruvanshel tier units. And Evil Gods [But Uda]
    Mostly all the Archane Witches in JP
    And like almost all Guardians too.

No biggy.
    Serin isnt the best water unit Imo. She is very outclassed by a lot of units. Including Marydefusu

8. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Some of these analyses here were written way back in August so some analyses here might be outdated. If you find anything that you think is outdated, please let me know so I can update. That may have been written prior to Mary's release.

9. Musical Nostalgia

Medals:
    If anything Id give you a piece of my mind about Mega and Karl.

And it be about an essay long about why Mega is the best out of all Swag units and water.
    Kikuri is more used than Lunarith in Arena if you are going to do 4x Lira.
    Due to 50% Atk - Dark + 1.2 Multipler BB fill gauge like Lodin's

Phoenix is NOT good for Mid-Late quest
    Elimo is actually much more better.
    More or less early -Mid

Lodin is not really a Must have unit.Good for Rainbow team Arena. But not an absolute I MUST HAVE THIS UNTI BECAUSE HE'S SO OP. He gets outclassed by things like Zelnite, Lilly Matah.
    I hardly ever use him.
    Same to Uda. And Ophelia.

Lunarith's Sparking Animation is not the best. She's actually one of the hardest due to when you have inflicted Stat Aliments, She doesnt cure right away like Exvel or Tree.
    Thus wait till her animaton is finished to start attacking at Full force.

Those are some of my critiques out of my own blasted opinion.

10. tajid

tajid Level 36

Hmm Karl, Paris, Lugina - Decent Grunts in Arena...

Lugina leader - depreciated too but still pretty good..

Musical Nostalgia likes this.
  11. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

I have been slowly removing the (Must-Haves*) tag because it can be misleading / unnecessary and Lodin is one of those whose tags have not yet been removed.

Kikuri vs Lunaris is still very subjective because some would argue that Lira will fill regardless, but I feel that Kikuri is better than Luni. In terms of sparking, generally speaking, when you're not all paralyzed, Lunaris will spark just as well as other units. I can note that down on the Luni analysis. Some analyses here have input from the prior contributors.

12. Musical Nostalgia

Medals:
    In terms of wanting to kill faster, you'd want to have BB first generally.but its not always like that.
    Kikuri has the better LS imo just due to the BB guage fill part makes her BB gauge filling a little more bearable to fill than that of Lunarith's LS / BB gauge rate.

Although Lunarith has the better Stats wise.

13. -Eclipse-

-Eclipse- Level 38

mmmm......
    Blade Emperor Zelban
    Best For: Frontier Hunter
    Best Traits: great 115% defense boost + multi-target attack at SBB lvl 10.
    Worst Traits: lowest SBB hit count out of Michele's tier, not entirely needed if one has damage mitigation (Tesla/Oulu)
    Zelban is a great pick for BB spam teams in Frontier Hunter Terminus. His SBB helps with BC generation while more than doubling your squad's defense, which is important for BB spam teams who need to both deal damage and be able to reduce damage from scripted attacks. Unfortunately, if you have a BB spam setup, Zelban's defense buff is useless if you're killing everything in one turn, which makes him less useful in general questing.

Tesla Club Elulu
    Best For: Early to Mid Content, Metal Parade, Thunder Vortex Arena
    Best Traits: high rec, boasts one of the highest thunder attack stats despite being an older unit, injury is useful if it can be inflicted, hammer time
    Worst Traits: very low defense, low hit count
    A unit that seems vaguely based off of Jill from Drill Dozer, Elulu is the little girl genius who wields an anti-gravity enhanced hammer. As her character art would suggest, she hits hard, but can't seem to take a hit. Being type-sensitive, only Anima and Guardian are viable types to keep her from being KO'd easily. Her low hit count doesn't help much with BC generation, but her Leader Skill and SBB are designed to help compensate, though Lodin outclasses her in this regard. If anything, her Leader Skill lets you power through Metal Parade with increased damage towards Metal Units when sparking.

Sky Mage Rashil
    Best For: Trial #1: Karl; Content where units need healing whilst guarding to avoid KOing; hybrid crit teams
    Best Traits: SBB allows Rashil to "self revive"; unique heal + crit rate buff; "I'm on a horse"
    Worst Traits: crit rate buff somewhat low (+35%), selfish angel idol effect only applies to self
    Rashil is a strange combination of different buffs. He is a healer, but he has a crit rate buff, which is made for damage dealing crit teams. His self Angel Idol buff is unique to him, and this opens up possibilities. With Rashil's ability to survive otherwise lethal attacks, one can utilize spheres that focus purely on building BB gauge instead of survivability. Spheres like Evil Shard or King's Crown become useful to him. Rashil is one of the units that has no definite place in any meta or squad, except for beating Karl, in which he is THE healer to use.

14. TrevorplaysBF

TrevorplaysBF Level 10

Great guide but it seems you have to have the "meta" mentality to fully understand/appreciate this. otherwise units like alice with breaker or oracle typings will be deemed unusable or crap, such as listed. That's with an assumption that you don't RS that much or just a f2p with no other choices.

That said, this is pretty much the same with LordStrell's extensive unit guide (pros and cons) but with a little less humor.
    It's a bloody good effort though and i appreciate the way it reflects pretty much how players of global adapt to this current given meta units.

Overall, great guide and I look forward for more updates.

15. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

I mildly copy-pasted your analysis for Elulu and edited some parts for Rashil. As for Zelban, I can't remember but I picked some from your analysis. TYVM. :D :D :D

-Eclipse- likes this.
  16. Felicius

Felicius Level 10

The amount of people thanking jerkysans in this thread is too damn low.

OP thanks for the guide.. Should be helpful to those who are new to the game. Kudos..

17. Ethirteen

Ethirteen Level 15

bookmarked

18. Frostmoon

Frostmoon Level 14

Just found this, great guide!!! Thank you for your work on this and for putting this together. An interesting read for new and veteran players alike. I absolutely love seeing stuff like this and it's the main reason I frequent sites like AI, to learn more about units' strengths and weaknesses, and to read others' opinions of units that might be OP in the right team/settings to make the most of them. I hope you won't be too hard on my poor Will when he gets his writeup, haha. :)

19. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

Well, that is the hope that I have a little bit of humor here, while being informative. I hope to hear more feedback as future updates happen. Thanks!

20. jerkysans

jerkysans Level 42

You are too kind, sir. Thank you for your feedback.