GRIPES

Discussion in 'Plundernauts' started by Imjlshaw, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

Many people are griping about this game, so here is a common thread to put it all into one place. Here's my list in no real order...

REALLY NEEDS AN UPDATE!!

Needs a better zoom interface. When flying or fighting it zooms in too much. You can't see the enemy until he's already firing on you. Yes. It does zoom out when an enemy approaches but it's too slow. Additionally it doesn't zoom out when there are walls or other obstacles. In several cases it's zoomed in so much you can't instruct it to move backwards. There is not much space left.

Movement control also sucks. First when you drag and hold too long the game automatically cancels your input. Chase ships automatically catch up. Then when the game wants to switch the display angle, your fly straight input becomes a waddle!

The special abilities buttons like shield, launch fighters, etc. Should be put somewhere outside of the play box. I've activated too many things by accident when the target is along the right side of the screen.

I also can't stand the Kraken. Why does this game need constant link? That and why does this game need a camera?! When I tried to install this game on an old ipad, it said it only works with devices that have the motion sensor and a camera! Are they spying?

The size of the inventory should be increased. I really hate the parrot complaining, once when you enter the game, again when you launch, yet again when you go to the forge screen. In some cases you have to acknowledge it twice each time!

When you beat an opponent it should drop the weapons it's carrying. Not some randomly created junk. I.e. Better stuff or else damaged stuff like turret parts.

Forge probability sucks! 3 rare items forged together shouldn't fail 80% of the time. By the time you have successfully forged 3 rares, an epic item should be easier to get. Otherwise it should return your items. Well ok loosing one maybe ok.

Cancel a forge. I've made enough mistakes that a cancel button would be very nice. Also there are times when you need something specific but all your forges are used. So cancel with it not returning your money.

Needs a forge recipe to just improve an item. Currently turrets can't be upgraded unless you are willing to sacrifice 2 others of the same rarity. And even then you are not guarenteed to get the same stats back. Additionally, specific techmods can't be upgraded unless you have 3 of the same. But it is very likely to loose that specific target. E.g. A beam specific ability would change to something like a cannon.

Need more specific forge recipes. Techmods are too varied, so just creating one could result in too many possibilities. E.g. I just want a turbo pump, but you will have to keep trying dozens of times before you get one.

After you've conquered a planet, the specific layout information is gone. So on reattacks you can't go to the info of the planet to see which ship or strategy would work best. Bring back that info! Yes I know the map has little icons to help you remember, but the info is already available, so why not leave it there?

Fighter/Bomber AI is pretty basic. It attacks all fighters first, then the target. Would be nice to split attacks, etc.

Firing turrets needs tweaking. When handling more than one opponent, having all the turrets fire on one that is already hanging on to life by a thread is pretty wasteful. Esp. When the other ship is barreling towards you. Drag from one turret to a target?

Don't make fighters, etc blowup when the ship that launched it blows up. No real fighters would self destruct just because the mother ship explodes. I've had too many funny victory vid clips of torpedoes hitting my ship.

On an ipad the load time is horrible. I think they are now putting all the save data on the server. It's taking too long as the game loads. The ipad basically freezes. I know a whole min isn't that long but you try staring at the screen doing nothing for that long.

Some ships get the jump on you when you start the melee. I want a toggle to activate the shields immediately so the other ship can't hit you first.

How the heck do they calc. The percentage increases? I have a +35% turbo pump but the speed is only +20%.

Lastly, why is the buy/sell spread so ridiculously huge? E.g. When you buy an item it's say $500,000 and when you sell it it's only $130,000. Anything more than 10% lose is unexceptible!

Anyway, that's the short list off the top of my head.

2. knotty

knotty Level 10

You sir, are a gentleman and scholar. The only a few things I can think to add here...

The past few weeks I've been just making hardwired tech mods to see what happens. My main complaint is that EVERY other item which is in the store can be purchased from the recipe info screen on the back of other items. Hardwiring kits are the only thing you have to rely on the store to offer, and they rarely show up. Lame. No way I'm wasting antimatter to refresh the store only to buy another kit at 110 gold.

Also, I'd like to see a "collect all gold from system" button. Having to tap and scroll thru each system is ridiculous. A bigger zoom on the system would help greatly also.

And since each system typically has 3 planets under attack, we should be able to attack 6 times per login. 5 doesn't make any sense.

A huge relief would be to see some form of communication from the devs about what they are doing with their time. Their website is nothing but a video and they rely on facebook for updates? They could roll out a vbulletin forum on their site in a few hours if they gave a turd about their game in the long-term.

3. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

Hey knotty!

I totally agree! Some communication with the dev team would be great! I'm just afraid with the long delay, people would loose interest even if they come up with the new updates. It's really been way too quiet for too long.

And thanks for those GREAT suggestions! I really hate those gold drops from the planets. They get in the way of navigation the ship to the next planet!

Oh! And since we are griping...

Fix the Glittering Optics info. The recipe to make it says use 3 Glittering Shards, but it shows 3 Singularity shards. So when you buy it, you don't get the Glittering Shards to make it.

Also what's with the measly 1 or 2 AM drop when you win a reattack?!! That's ridiculous! I won't bore you with how long it takes to buy the cheapest thing or how many hours it will take. It just sucks!

Anyway...
    Happy Plundering...NAUT!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  4. knotty

knotty Level 10

Puntastic stuff :)

I really hope the dev team spends the time to read these forums... the time they saved on moderating their own forums would make it reasonable that they could read a couple easily googled threads lol.

If they listen to the gripes here, they may create one of the best games the app store has ever seen

5. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

True! True!

Of course I'm only griping because I really like the game. Kind of like "hate the one you love" kinda thing.

Let's hope they get on the ball and release, or else this game will be history. :(

6. knotty

knotty Level 10

Many of the update notes address what we talked about here. I suspect the devs may have dropped in to read :)

7. knotty

knotty Level 10

8. One more thing that is kind of blowing my mind......

am I just COMPLETELY missing something here, or does it cost like..... 30 times more to create "valuable" items in the forge meant for selling than you actually get for selling those objects after creating them? In other words, what is the point? For example, if you buy 3 of the little sodas (cheap) then put them in the forge to create a valuable "drum" of the soda..... it costs like $33,000 to just USE the forge with them, but then the drum (I'm just using the drum of soda as an example and I don't remember any of the ACTUAL numbers, but they're all WAY off) will only sell for a few thousand dollars...... so why spend over $33,000 to waste a forge spot for hours and hours just to get an item that sells for like $25,000 less than you spent to make it?

or, again.... am I just missing something very obvious, here?

DoYouKnowPeter likes this.
  9. DoYouKnowPeter

DoYouKnowPeter Level 2

I grabbed some actual numbers for example....

1 bag of "Gravity Plasma" is 56 gold.
    you can then place 3 bags of "Gravity Plasma" (168 gold) into the Forge to create a Gravity Plasma Drum.
    Just the start the forge with this combination costs 19,802 gold, for a total of 19,970 gold spent to create the Gravity Plasma Drum (if the original bags or gravity plasma are purchased, not won in battle).
    And the value of the Gravity Plasma Drum if sold? 4,951 gold. So, even if you won the original three gravity plasmas in battle, you still lose 14,851 gold. Unless there is some super awesome forge recipe that uses the Gravity Plasma Drum to complete, I can't understand what the point of this is (and all of the many other objects and forge recipes like it.... it costs me 49,511 just to forge together 3 ingots of refined coppertainium, for christ's sake!)

So my question to you guys and to the devs is.... am I missing something blaringly obvious? or is the scale of these things just totally f'd?

10. So Hungry

So Hungry Guest

I was wondering the same thing, Pete- I haven't experimented with using those drums (for example) as ingredients in the forge, so maybe someone with more forge experience could add some input, but I totally stopped forging those high-level materials. For a while I was doing the missions to forge 3 of whatever, trading tens or hundreds of thousands of coins for a few thousand xp, but the cost and hassle didn't seem worth it.

Also, what's with the inventory limitation? I can't figure out the system, so I just started selling all my cheap materials. Frankly, I don't see why there's any kind of limit at all...