Goooood mooorning Vietnam

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by Dkup, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Dkup

Dkup Level 6

So we have a pretty active honorbound forum going here, much better than many of the other app invasion forums. BTW thank you for this medium for all of us mobile gamers to get together AI.

Was just wondering what other games the people who make up this community play. I'll start with myself and give a little info into who i am.

My name is Daniel, im 28 and i own a bar in Dallas, Texas. Indeed a Cowboys fan even though they havnt done shit in almost 20 years. Right now ive picked up Kongregates new turn based game Lionheart tactics. Its kind of a spin off of Final Fantasy Tactics with some multiplayer aspects. Like honorbound its still a baby but progressing at a good speed. If you like the turn based style its worth checking out. Other games ive been into have been Heroes of Order and Chaos, which has been my favorite on the mobile store but gameloft is a greeeeeedy company. Played clash of clans for a bit but that gets boring fast.

Anyways, would love to hear what some of you guys have/are playing. Cheers

2. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

I would share things about myself, but the prestigious era of my life has not yet occurred and I'll spare you all until I'm at least twenty-six. That's seven years from now, but by then I'm sure my life will be interesting. Contact me incase I forget to update this in 2021!

Okay, okay, but about the games I play, which aren't many, are these:

Omg: TD - A little tower defense game that's surprisingly addicting! I play it almost every day and I wasn't tempted to purchase any microtransanctions, despiteb the fact that they were plentiful. Nothing is online except for the forum that's built into the app itself. It's a pretty dang active forum, though I don't participate much in their conversations.

Clash of Clans - Got the name BroncosChamp, inspired by the Denver Broncos and Champ Bailey mixed together (he's like sixty somethin now, right?) because unlike the cowboys, we actually did shit! Woohoo! We also dumped one in the Super Bowl, but whatever, we'll take it next year... Or claim the first round pick in the 2016 draft since we're cursed.

I'm level 80 I think. Didn't spend a dime here either. Guess I'm old school or something?

-----

And that's it. This game is the farthest I've gone to any real game on an iPhone. I'm not a big fan of iPhone games, any way. My college empty wallet can't afford their microtransanctions :/

3. DerpTurtle

DerpTurtle Level 12

20 years old and I work in the mobile gaming industry. Dont want to disclose location because you would be able to find what company I work in an instant.

The only serious mobile game ive gotten into before this is Rage of Bahamat where I spent an embarrassing amount of money on. I mostly play pc games.

4. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

That's another app I had haha. I deleted it maybe a year ago because I couldn't log back into my account and my lovely SSR monster along with a decent team of SRs was lost. I had to rethink my life for a good day or two as the effort I put into that game was for nothing.

That was basically the first game I downloaded and actually liked when I first got an iPhone. Good times.

5. DerpTurtle

DerpTurtle Level 12

Yeah. I played that game nonstop. I knew the one of the best on the game named dangerice. He hacked in game items and cards and was able to sell $15,000 worth of cards. I sold some for about 3k after he gave me a few. Game was a craze back then

6. Dkup

Dkup Level 6

Wow thats nuts. I made money winning Starcraft tournaments, selling diablo stuff and eventually getting a job at blizzard testing Warcraft 3 and world of Warcraft. Never imagined a mobile game could turn so profitable for some of the players though. Rage of Bahamat was a card type game?

7. DerpTurtle

DerpTurtle Level 12

Yea it was a tcg game. Most money made through random card gambling just like hero pulling in honor bound.

Clans and clan wars also pulled massive profits. I hope honor bound can add a clan sort of system.

8. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

Yeahh, I lost a good investment when my account had been locked or hacked or what not. My SSR would've been worth a good portion of money. People on eBay were betting hundreds on cards for Rage back then. That's just sick but man I missed out.

Honorbound couldn't be like Rage, though. Even with guilds (the supposed clan system name in a TBD update) or trading, there isn't that collectible must-have sensation. If I would put a price tag on a legendary, it would probably be $1-5 for the three in-quest legends (Gorg, Freydis, Naema) , and $25-40 for the ones only collectible through major summonings.

That's my take on it, at least.