Getting Back Into GOH

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywlkr76, Feb 22, 2018.

1. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

SumiXam likes this.
  2. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

I run into you in the darndest places. You're going to make me blush. Good to see you still popping into some of the old haunts.

The Appinvasion guild is accepting members right now but, like Binary said, we're relatively end game focused. If you have a decent roster and you're looking for a home feel free to chat us up.

3. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

You know you're a badass, no need to be humble. Came in to funpost about SWFC ending and got into a conversation w/roadburn about Warframe. ADD is the true fuel of the Internet. How's tricks Sumi? Lost my p/w for the forum & can't remember which alt email I signed up with :eggface:

4. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

Things are good. GOH is having another shakeup due to the new Sith raid. Guilds are having a lot of turnover right now, similar to what happened with the AAT raid and Territory Battles when they came out. Our guild forum is pretty much dead since we started using Discord. I hop in there every now and again, but activity there is nearly nonexistent.

binary flotsam likes this.
  5. osver

osver Level 52

Are you able to farm the Sith raid?

We're working on Tier V.

6. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

We beat T6, but can't touch T7 yet. We're farming T5 now, but it still takes several days for us to beat. We don't have enough people with Jedi Training Rey yet.

Bull Pence and osver like this.
  7. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Hmm. That is a tricky situation. How's the raid itself?

8. osver

osver Level 52

Phase 1 Darth Nihilus
    Phase 2 Darth Sion
    Phase 3 Darth Traya
    Phase 4 All three of them, but you can't attack Traya when either of the other two are still alive.

9. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Interesting concept, hope it's fun. Seemed like they always used to overshot to avoid any "exploiting", maybe they'll bring it down a notch.

10. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

It was fun the first time through for the novelty, but it's a slog. It is incredibly difficult, though we all felt that way about the AAT raid when it dropped and we're all clearing it in an hour or two now. I suppose it's all relative.

11. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

In a lot of ways its just a slog trying to damage. There are a few squads though that require some strategy to work with and can do more damage than most the others.

12. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

The problem is that this slog to do damage isn't just for Heroic, which is really the only tier that counts for anything. It takes us a few days just to clear T5. We tried Heroic once and failed miserably. We did clear T6, but it took nearly a week. Fun idea, not real fun to play. I actually like to play the other two raids still, but this one takes tedious to a new level.

13. hammy~the~hamsta

Yup. Its just boring

Bull Pence likes this.
  14. osver

osver Level 52

But it makes Greedo and Zam useful. Woo bounty hunters with thermal detonators.

hammy~the~hamsta and skywlkr76 like this.
  15. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 46

to me, alot of this is tied to nihilus. having to predict when he's gonna be able to use annihilate and counter it with unbreakable will makes p1 super tedious, because if you mess up, then kiss one of your toons goodbye. i've gotten semi-decent at knowing when to use UW, but i usually still find myself having to retreat multiple times with each of my 5 runs to make sure im maximizing my score. and if im doing something else while playing, then the chances are really high that i forget to pay attention to his cooldowns until he slices right through one of my toons and say to myself, oh yeah i forgot that he can do that. to complicate things, he can gain protection if you attack him with a basic so assists, counters, and bonus attacks are gonna hurt your score. sion and p3 traya arent quite as difficult, just tedious from having so much hp. it all just makes for a very time consuming raid.

my guild foolishly start T6 when it was released, we got about 2-3% into p1 after 2 days and realized it wouldve taken us months to beat this tier so we abandoned and went down to T4. takes us about two weeks in all to beat that tier. i think in a month or two we'll try T5 and see where we stand.

you guys think its better to take sion or nihilus out first in p4? we took out sion first as he was easier to beat, but then it made nihilus a fucking nightmare to deal with. so now im thinking it might be better to take nihilus out first even if it takes more time to do so.

osver and hammy~the~hamsta like this.
  16. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

Yeah, T6 is a slog. We are farming T5 and occasionally dropping to T4 so we don't max out on tickets.

We've been targeting Nihilus first. That seems to work out alright. Any way you slice it P4 is a nightmare.

osver and GiantPenguinCavalier like this.
  17. hammy~the~hamsta

Always take nihilus. Then you will be guaranteed to go to enrage with a semi decent squad. His annihilate and cooldown decrease is just stupid in a raid, its best to get it out of the way. My guild can actually finish p4 reasonably quickly if we focus on nihilus first, sion goes down quickly after, then we just plink away at traya. We finish in like 5 days, if everyone actually hits it.
    Nihilus is really what makes this raid suck. Then throw in dismal rewards on top of it...

osver and GiantPenguinCavalier like this.
  18. GiantPenguinCavalier

yeah that cooldown can be killer. but what really makes him tough is that he ignores protection and then can GAIN protection when you attack with basic attacks, which you usually are because of his life drain. just makes it tough to take him down. sion is definitely the easiest, his cycles of pain are easy to manage in p2. its a little tougher in p4 though since only healers and supports can soothe. that can get problematic especially when traya's bonds of weakness start to pile up.

rewards arent great for T4 -- theres some good gear in there but you dont get much of it. i think i got like 6-7 pieces of like 5-6 different types of gear, which really isnt all that helpful. im sure the quantities are increased for T5 and T6, but sounds like by not that much.

19. hammy~the~hamsta

i finished third place last one, t4. Decent salvage but not enough to be good

20. GiantPenguinCavalier

1st place is not much different. hopefully i'll get some fully-crafted things this time around.