Getting Back Into GOH

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skywlkr76, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Jack the Candyman

Jack the Candyman Level 18

You’re not required to have any of them, those particular heroes just gain certain benefits if you use them but aside from that you can use any LS rooms at your disposal

skywlkr76 likes this.
  2. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

Cool. Now this may sound really dumb, but how do you get in to play. It won't let me enter. Is it at a certain time or something?

3. osver

osver Level 52

The Territory Battles have 6 days, and each day there are specific missions/battles you can do. Some require certain characters or factions, others are open to all LS (or DS when that one comes around).

For me each day opens up at 11 AM Pacific. Not sure if that's specific to our guild, or if it's the same for everyone. So even though we've 3 starred day 1's stage, we can't start on day 2's stages for another couple hours.

I don't know if there's a level requirement to participate, as TB are still relatively new, so weren't around before I got to level 85.

skywlkr76 likes this.
  4. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 46

its possible that it wont let you participate since you joined the legion after the TB started.

5. Jack the Candyman

Exactly this, you won’t be able to play this time around but for future events you will be able to

skywlkr76 likes this.
  6. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

That's cool. Hopefully by then I'll be in a position be a bigger help by then.

7. Jack the Candyman

Every little bit helps bud but make sure to focus on things you want to focus on and not just what events require of you. Next Territory battle will be dark side so if you have anything there you wanna work on then go for it :)

skywlkr76 likes this.
  8. osver

osver Level 52

DS TB teams are stuff like:
    Empire
    Bounty Hunters
    Imperial Troopers
    First Order

I think those are all the ones that get specified... My Empire and Hunters ok. I'm woking on First Order (for BB8), but my Troopers flat out suck.

Jack the Candyman likes this.
  9. Jack the Candyman

Empire and Imperial troopers are my best factions, my bounty hunters and FO suck. FO is slowly getting better though

osver likes this.
  10. osver

osver Level 52

I'm slowly working on a Trooper form, just so I can try and get Probe Droid pieces, but they need to be geared/leveled up. Not the ideal group, but Starck (7*), Snow (7*), Magna (7*), Storm (6*) and Veers (5*) are what I have to work with. I haven't started trying to farm Deathtrooper or Shoretrooper.

11. GiantPenguinCavalier

i tried that node last TB. i got my ass kicked, healed, and then kicked again. granted, i only had starck and veers at 5* G8, but i quickly realized i'd need to gear/mod the hell out of them and snowtrooper (have g11 DT and G10 shore) mfortable knowing i could beat it every time. compare this to ROLO's node in LSTB, where i have parka han and hoth soldier at 5* g7 and can either use 3 pheonix toons or CLS and two other rebels to cut through that mission easily.

12. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

It seems to me the difficulty on ds tb is ramped up to be harder than ls tb. So not surprising.

13. GiantPenguinCavalier

yeah. its has alot to do with the platoons, where in LS the more you fill them up the stronger your toons are in missions (or you disable the at-at). in DS, the rebels start off at max power, and as you fill up platoons it makes them weaker. thats why theres only 4 waves in DS missions. i personally dont agree with this set up, but oh well.

14. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

And the platoons seem plugged to be evil. Advertised as using "your whole roster" but we somehow manage to get 0 nutes needed through a whole tb, and like 50 thrawn throughout the tb. Making missions that much harder to complete.

15. Jack the Candyman

ive got 7* Veers g12, Snow g12, Death g12, shore g11 and magma g10. I plow through missions with them but I sometimes take out magma and sub in Thrawn as lead for missions that don’t require full imperial troop squads

osver likes this.
  16. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

I guess I’m going to try re-installing GOH tonight. The game keeps crashing on me.

17. osver

osver Level 52

They just pushed out a new/big update in the last day or two. I had to update/reinstall and then had to re-update a few of my settings (sounds off, let me choose between auto-basic and auto-full auto).

skywlkr76 likes this.
  18. GiantPenguinCavalier

whats this? how do i change this? i feel like i already know what this is, just not familiar with the terminology used.

19. osver

osver Level 52

In Setting you can pick if it always autos just basic attacks (ie auto can't use the special abilities), always autos all attacks (auto can use special abilities), or after you hit Auto the first time you have to choose basic or auto.

When you're in a battle and you click the auto button in the upper left, it will then go off what you set earlier.

In GW I use Auto - Auto. But if I'm in a territory war and there's one or two easy opponents left before the next round I Auto-Basic so that my specials are ready to go at the start of the next round.

After the upgrade if defaulted to full auto, and I had to go into setting to make it prompt me each time.

20. GiantPenguinCavalier

oh snap. i never knew you could do that. this wouldve come in handy big time back when i was slogging through GW -- when i got down to one last enemy, i was just using basic attack so that i could enter the next battle with most, if not all, of my specials recharged. also, i was looking in topworld settings, and not in the settings once you've already entered battle which is why i couldnt originally find it.

i've now set it to auto choose so i can pick which one.

Jack the Candyman and osver like this.