Game Update - 3/31/2016

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by binary flotsam, Mar 31, 2016.

1. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Greetings Heroes,

Here are the update notes for 3/31/2016. (NOTE: We are aiming to have this update go live on 3/31/2016 between 1pm and 6pm Pacific Time, but there is always the chance that the update may slip to 4/1/2016)

The level cap has increased to 80!

New Light/Dark Stages
    • stage 8 light normal unlocks at player level 74. All stage 7 light normal battles must be complete.
    • stage 8 light hard battles unlock upon completion of stage 8 light normal battles.
    • stage 8 dark normal unlocks at player level 76. All stage 7 dark normal battles must be complete.
    • stage 8 dark hard battles unlock upon completion of stage 8 dark normal battles.

Cantina Battles
    • Cantina Battles stage 7 unlocks at player level 77. All stage 6 battles must be complete.

Challenges
    • Challenges requiring player levels between 70-80 will unlock. There are no new challenges, but there are harder tiers for existing challenges which offer new pieces of gear.

General Changes
    Max Level Player Daily Activity – The Max Level Player Daily Activity is only displayed to players at max level and rewards a new Ability Material.
    • Can only be completed after the “Claim All Daily Activity Rewards” daily activity is claimed.
    • Dispellable “Continuous Healing” Effects now Display an Icon – “Continuous Healing” effects, which are now susceptible to being dispelled, now display an icon and text when active.
    • Evasion Buff now correctly says “+10% Evasion Chance” instead of “+10% Dodge Chance”.
    • An extra surprise will also...

Gear Changes

Gear level 9 has been changed among the following units:
    • Ima-Gun Di
    • Jawa
    • Kylo Ren
    • Nightsister Initiate
    • Tusken Raider
    • CT-5555 "Fives"
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
    • Teebo
    • Plo Koon
    • First Order Stormtrooper
    • Magmatrooper
    • Hoth Rebel Scout

An additional ingredient has been added to the following gear crafting recipes:
    • Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller also requires 50 Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage items
    • Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace also requires 50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage items
    • Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner also requires 50 Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage items
    • Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech also requires 50 Mk 10 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage item

Some of these items are currently unavailable, but will become available in the next major update.

Character Changes
    • Qui-Gon Jinn’s rank 8 leader ability has been changed to “Jedi allies have +25 Speed and gain Potency Up for 1 turn at the beginning of each encounter.”
    • Geonosian Soldier’s rank 8 special upgrade has been changed to “Damage +15%”.

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a bug that caused First Order Officer’s basic ability to gain less damage than intended at some upgrades.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23789/game-update-3-31-2016#latest

2. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

The QGJ and GS changes we all saw coming I think. Goes to show how much potential there is in the game (optimism).
    The gear req'd additions can suck a butt. See the thread link for gear to get before the patch goes live.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  3. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Gear is getting ridiculous. I understand that there needs to be a grind, but now it's becoming excessive.

4. Star Destroyer

Star Destroyer Level 11

So the GS will not be able to double attack each turn?

5. Star Destroyer

Star Destroyer Level 11

I agree. The gear is already hard enough to get. Especially to level IX

6. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

IMO they should've added an 8th star before they opened the shard shop. It's likely to happen eventually.
    Whoever is in charge of long term planning needs a bitch slap.

Correct.

TheBeard likes this.
  7. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Wow. They stealth added a new ability mat you can presumably only get at lvl 80. This is a really bad update.

TheBeard likes this.
  8. malpka

malpka Level 15

I really hope its april fools as far as gear/ability mats going (silly me siting on 250 purple mats to get my main squad up to date asap).
    Whats is the point of raising lvl cap if all your characters (or roughly 90%) will be stuck at the same gear lvl anyway because you need 50 pieces of purple gear which cant even be farmed???

9. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

They need an artificial buffer while they work on new features is my guess.

10. Star Destroyer

Star Destroyer Level 11

I saved a bunch of purple mats too. What a waste

11. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

I didn't notice the Gear changes. I could have saved myself hours and thousands of refreshes by doing them before the update . . . @#$!#%

I'm just going to go weep into a pillow . . .

12. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

April fools? :p

Or rather, it is now April in all parts of the world and we were all fools to hope for any changes. Oh well. Back to the grind (of the stuff that's actually available anyway).

13. Star Destroyer

Star Destroyer Level 11

@TheBeard @Electricboa @binary flotsam Has anyone noticed any differences in characters being "more balenced"? My toons seem to be hitting the same damage as before the update, I haven't really seen a difference.

14. TheBeard

TheBeard Level 24

Apparently, the "balance" update won't be coming out for another couple weeks. I'll look to see if I can find a concrete link confirming this.

Quick (and a wee bit lazy) browsing of the forums and reddit has nothing specific... so could be a couple weeks, could be a month. Who knows.