Game Improvement Ideas

Discussion in 'Super Battle Tactics' started by VIOLENCEofACTION, Aug 18, 2014.

1. VIOLENCEofACTION

VIOLENCEofACTION Level 3

First of all, lets keep it realistic as possible. This is for discussion of improvements that could be made. We would have to consider the positives and negatives for both the devs and players for each.

First I will start by listing some of the ideas I have had since the beginning, quite a few of which I had sent to the devs for consideration.

#1: Napalm Counter (My Suggestion was a "Fire Extinuisher ablity" that required 4 ability points, so it could be used on your second turn, or a "Fire Truck" whose special ability stopped the burn on himself and one other tank. (These do not permanantly stop the burn, if Napalm is reapplied, the firetruck type ability must be used again)(My thought was to counter Napalm but not take away its status as a powerhouse, just to be able to utilize another way tou counter an all napalm crew).

#1a I am hoping that the Helicopters are there attempt at providing some sort of napalm counter, I just hope they do not take it over top. -No pun intended....okay maybe it was lol

#2 They need to make game stability a HUGE priority. The first thing I noticed was that there first app update did improve it but not come anywhere close to fixing it. It also does not trasition smoothly from WIFI-4G and vice versa which will cause more crashes than it already has on its own. I have done extensive testing on different apple devices while using high bandwidth wifi as well as using each to transition between 4G and WIFI (places where I have good enough internet connection through a 4G hotspot or regular WIFI that I can raid in rift or play BF3 or WOW with no issues, ever)

#3 Related to #2, they need to have a "loss prevented" style setting within this app. I know there could be the issue of people automatically disconnecting WIFI or such things in order to prevent losses, but electronics and WIFI transmit enough signals that they could program in a way of detecting that and having them end up with a loss.

#3a I do not know my rank this very second but I do not remember the last time I was below the top 30, and usually in the top 10, my highest rank being 6. I believe that my skill and tank level would keep in the top ten or higher at all times if not for the crashes and disconnects. I pay to play match after match after match gaining 1-4 points per win. Then I lose 2 in a row to scrubs due to the game crashing or disconnecting......I may as well have just lost the previous 30 games. (this happened just as frequently at lower levels but I didnt care quite as much because the point cost wasnt nearly as much)

#4 We need more contracts with a better range of pricing and more detail on possible drops and the %'s of each drops like allot of other games do. See Castle Age HD APP for an example and look at there chests.

#5 There should be a split of possible tanks that you can gfet broken up like this (or some similiar variation):

5a A few specific tanks only available through top contract rolls.
    5b A few tanks only able to be built by top contract roll drops.
    5c Earned tanks through level that can be upgraded (to possibly the best tanks in game) through combining that tank with parts from the top contract as well as a part from challenging and beating certain player ranks.

5c1 For instance: You are a rank 50, Level 1 Enforcer (the highest current level) and you build Interceptor through part drops. Then you get 3x 5% drops from the top contract box; At this point you have to challenge someone in the top 50 or 100 (see #6).

#6 Challenging and Rematch should be implimented immediately. Challenge should be a choice if you want to accept or not but have a special reward if you beat someone who outranks you a certain amount (of course this would require some type of tier system (even if we cant see it). Rematch would be a button you could hit to force a rematch with a person you just lost to. That way if it was close you get another shot at it.

#7 We need a "Forge" where we can throw in some tanks and parts and melt them all together and get something new......or even a trade market where we could trade x number of silver for whatevery item we need. Since I have never ever neeeded a silver peice due to always having way more than i need.

#8 Tanks that are Purchasble through straight Gems at each tier. Maybe only being allowed to buy one per type. Something like 500 for a rare and 1500 for a Super Rare (and there stats being just below the top Exclusives Super Rares)

#9 Prizes for reaching some of the top spots like top ten. For both clans and individuals.

#10 I know there were more but I have to go to work. At least one more discussion started now, and would really liket to put up a wiki and some pregression routes as well as possible team comps as you move up and abilities to go with them.

2. VIOLENCEofACTION

VIOLENCEofACTION Level 3

Major idea changes since the latest update:
    MOST IMPORTANTLY: Add a queue for PVP only. I would rather wait 10 minutes for a real opponent than to waste ticket after ticket on the CPU opponents when I am trying to play pvp.

Potential changes if they dont want to add a PVP only queue:

1: Make the time searching for a potential opponent longer and possibly have a "match now" button while in queue if you are sick of waiting and will just play CPU.
    2: Make the core drops a higher % for the CPUs that you do get matched up against so you are not wasting your time, tickets, and money.
    3: In the setting create a tab with the list of potential CPU teams that we can battle and let us select the ones we would want to potentially be matched up against. (with a minimum number of teams selected so we couldnt farm the same one over and over)

Buff the choppers evade % at least for the two top ones (or they will be irrelevant) IMHO. It will be very hard for me to find a reason to add them at the moment as If i had a good comp of choppers/napalm/def of some sort at the moment to knock off the few people that are consistently in the top ten with me; I would lose to low level single target teams. It would be absolutely silly and would rather just keep trading out points at the top against other napalm teams.

Add A challenge and Rematch Button.

Add a "Forge" to trade parts or tanks in. Like the following list:
    100 silver pieces for a Speed Matrix, Assault Cell, or Defense Grid
    100 Exlusive rare pieces for a Super Rare core
    5 Super Rare Cores for 1 of another type (Build Tank) List only.
    10 Super Rare Cores for 1 of another type (Exclusive Tank) List only.
    100 Gems for 1 Super Rare Core (Build Tank) List only.
    250 Gems for 1 Super Rare Core (Build Tank) List only.

AND

Trade tanks into the forge for possibility of other items. Something along the lines of 2 or more Super Rare tanks for the possibility of another or at the very least 3 Super Rare Cores, or 1 Exclusive Super Rare core.

AND

1: I had someone (Awesomely Useless) in game name, suggest that in this "workshop" or "forge" that we could also combine a certain number of rare level tanks for a 50% chance at super rare (or something of the sort).
    2: That this could also be used to combine the Super Rares we have for Special Tanks or tanks with special or hybrid abilities for a type of breeding. (It would be mostly be unkown what the combination possibilities are until we started trying it)(which would also mean to try and "breed" something using the best tanks like RQ, Nightmare, Queen Bee, and Speartooth would be extremely risky until someone has too many to use, but could potentially be extremely rewarding)

3. Awesomely Useless

Awesomely Useless Level 2

thinking a little more about the hybrid breeding idea. I think to stop them being outrageously over powerful they would still only have the same purple star to activate their special but once you got it it would roll a 2nd spinner that would randomly choose between the specials it had.

the fusion generator responsible for "mixing" the host tanks would be able to recieve various forms of input. lets say for instance you put a mid level hotshot tank in with a high tier bruiser tank your only real chance of a correct hybrid is going to be a high hp tank with a mid level hotshot ability, this is however not guaranteed, you may just get back another tank the same as you put in. but you could augment this reaction with addition cores so by adding say 10 scorpio cores to the mix you add the possibility that the result would come out in several ways.. a high hp tank with hotshot OR with multi strike, or a scorpio with a random chance of dialing hotshot instead. I think an addition like this would create a real buzz amongst the gaming community and keep people coming back to try to find new combinations

4. Awesomely Useless

one thing I can imagine that would hinder the idea would be the added work for the devs in creating lots of new graphics for all the new variations of hybrid.. a solution would be to use the "host tanks" original graphic but to have a colour variation that indicates it as a hybrid. then they'd only really be needed to create a pretty menu page for the tank creator. obviously you dont want everyone banging out high level hybrids in the first week of launch so I'd suggest a time scale that reflected the eventual level of the outcome. imagine the excitement of clicking "create hybrid" and seeing a one week conversion time, you'd know you had something awesome on the way. on the flip side if it shows one day its likely only going to be a failure but at least you can try again tomorrow :)

5. Awesomely Useless

had another one. Not sure on this but I'll put it out there for debate/consideration anyway.. what about a retreat ability? costing 6 points so they have to endure two rounds before escaping, or maybe even 9? I know from my own experience that when I get matched with a top 10 ranking player there are times id like to scurry away and hide lol. you'd still lose a ticket but save your precious pvp score from a further battering. I also thought of an espionage/steal sort of ability whereby you can target a certain tank to give you a higher chance to extract its core, again it would have to have a very high points cost to stop it being too easy but if you can survive three rounds of napalm without any help from abilities then the core is yours (or a good chance) opinions?

6. VIOLENCEofACTION

VIOLENCEofACTION Level 3

I do like these ideas, but like you said it may be difficult for the devs to create something to create "hybrid" tanks. It would be cool as ridiculously awesome though to try and make new tanks and probably cause a huge spending increase due to people attempting to create cool new tanks. I really like the idea of an "extraction" ability to increase your chances of receiving a core. I agree it would have to be a high point cost (or else the devs wouldnt make money off everyone trying to buy cores/tanks), and it couldnt be a guarantee either. Maybe a 7 point ability to give you a 60% chance to get the core. It is not a guarantee and would make people angry to lose and not get a core, but if you can last 3 rounds with no other ability AND manage to kill the particular tank you want...even while probably losing the match. It seems as though it would be a fair trade off. I think this ability should also only be allowed to be used against players, otherwise people would just farm the computer forever until they have all the tanks they want. An idea I like, but tough to implement correctly with justification. The more I think about it, the more I think it could be a potential headache for devs and players. It would take some more thought and me not having a pounding headache. lol

7. I think they should implement giving/trading tanks and parts within the clubs. Say if your club member needs 2 assault cells to build a tank they want and don't have the cells needed you can either give them cells or trade for cells you may need. Maybe make it cost prize money to do so. What do you think? And say if you have excess of one tank you could give it to a club member to better your club. With that definitely make weekly club prizes just like individual.

8. Piping yo gal

Piping yo gal Level 1

Betting parts and or money would also make the game interesting. Let's be honest who wants to lose let alone a bet with something on the line other than pvp points.

9. derroe23

derroe23 Guest

First let me start by saying I LOVE this game... Having said that, I would hope that some improvements can be made in order to make the game more enjoyable over the long haul. Here is a few comments I would like to make about the game and some suggestions to improve it.

1) Matchmaking at higher PVP levels are absurd... I am at Ruby 3 and I constantly fight players who are more than 100 pts higher than me in PVP and are diamond or above. Sure, I love the challenge and don't mind losing to better players BUT now that the event is on I don't want to lose constantly because I'm playing guys who are more experienced than me and thus have access to build better tanks.

2) Speaking of events, can someone explain to me how this event works or what these mystery part are about? How do we get the event tanks? How do the bonus pts work? Why is the explanation of this event so bad? Please make it more clear for players in the future what the purpose of the event is and provide more information where you can.

3) Fire bomb II is broken. I'm not sure what the fix is but I like the fire extinguisher ability that was suggested by the OP. I sit don't see how something like that can be spammed and it's ok... I get that the helis were supposed to counter this but they get freaking murdered so quick it's too much of a gamble. I get the game is about chance but when almost every top player is spamming Fire Bomb II it's broken.

4) DO NOT bring trading between players into this game... It will get exploited via multiple accounts and cause players like me to quit. I do agree an exchange system could work if it's test by the Devs and they find a fair and reasonable way to implement it. But if you allow players to trade ANYTHING then you will end up with players running multiple accounts and dumping their good parts and tank into their main accounts.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

10. Kindle1

Kindle1 Guest

It would be really nice if we could dismantle our tanks for parts, instead of selling them for cash.

Similarly, it would be cool if we could upgrade our tanks with parts, rather than purely with cash.

I always find I'm rich in one & poor in the other.