Forging stats

Discussion in 'Plundernauts' started by Imjlshaw, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

I've been collecting forge statistic and it turns out the time of a forge will tell you what rarity the item will be.

I'm at lvl 23 and here are the costs and time info. Wish I can import an excel chart

All shards/tanks/ingots cost $450 and takes 4H. It only creates common optics/drums/roll
    Components to create an Overhaul Bot costs $50,000 and takes 4H to create a common one

Upgrading a Starship (not overhaul) cost $1,490,116
    2D 1H 30M creates a rare
    Data is thin and I've only been trying to upgrade a rare starship.

Shield TechMods all cost $106,658
    12H creates a common
    13H 30M creates a rare
    No time for epic or legendary

Hardwire TechMods all cost $88,905
    12H 45M creates an uncommon
    13H 30M creates a rare
    14H 15m creates an epic
    Note there isn't enough data to be sure on creation from raw materials

Fighter/Bomber all cost 128,071
    12H 45M creates an uncommon
    13H 30m creates a rare
    No data on epic, etc.

Turrets all cost $71,150
    11H creates a common
    11H 40M 15S creates an uncommon
    12H 22M 30S creates a rare
    13H 3M 30S creates an epic

Odds on rarity. I've only limited to using 3 same rarities to try to boost the rarity. E.g. 3 uncommonly or 3 rares or even 3 epics. The odds when you use a different rarity drops the odds even more! Note also the sample isn't big enough as most forges takes half a day! I wish the old time trick works.

From raw materials to both common and uncommon is 41.7%
    From raw materials to rare is 16.7%

From 3 commons to uncommon is 66.7%
    From 3 commons to rare is 33.3%
    I have not been about to create an epic or better yet.

From 3 uncommon back to an uncommon is 66.7%
    From 3 uncommon to either rare or epic is 16.7%

From 3 rares back to a rare is 80%!!
    From 3 rares to an epic is 20% but the sample is only 5
    No data on legendary

Finally, so far all epic forges have resulted in an epic. 100%

As you can see, the odds really sucks! 2/3 chance of destroying uncommon items, 80% chance of destroying rare items and 100% chance to destroy epic items! And on an untested last note, it "seems" that when I had less rare stuff, the chance of forging epic or better stuff was better. Anyone care to give me some stats?

Enjoy.

2. knotty

knotty Level 10

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

3. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

Btw the odds of 3 rares forged back to a rare is now at 87.5%!!

I've lost more stuff than I care to share. I should save pictures for a hall of shame vs a hall of fame.

4. knotty

knotty Level 10

Yes, its very true that losing rares and higher is more likely than gaining 1 more higher quality item. To prepare for that, I've just been hoarding rare and epics of everything I like to use for about 2 months. When (and if?) the level cap gets raised, at least combining 3 items into 1 of the same rarity will be of a higher level.

This really is some impressive experimenting and data collection. I'm sure anyone who cares appreciates the effort and I have to say that my results are very similar to yours.

A 'cancel forge' button would be sooooo useful since we know what to expect from the forge time, eh?

5. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

That was really smart of you to save everything! I was too stupid the think ahead like that. I mean I keep all the good stuff given to me, but didn't buy all the good stuff in the store. All of those have basically been destroy via the forge already.

I also have to wonder if having more "good" stuff reduces your odds when forging. Earlier on when I hit the lvl 23 limit I was forging like crazy to build the arsenal and it seems a lot easier to create epic and legendary stuff. E.g. the 1st couple weeks was when I got my epic starship, 2 legendary turrets and many other epics. In the last 4-6 weeks I have only gotten a handful of epic (not to mention I also added more forge tabs too). I think I've tried to upgrade my starship 6 times, but it's still just a rare. I think this is why I started collecting the stats.

Btw I've seen some inconsistent time to rarity, but gathering the data and trying to maximize the forge time makes for some mistakes. Besides work take precedence and I'm soooo sleep deprived (no sleep = play time) :confused:

As for the Cancel button. Hehe. yeah. Good catch. But I was also hoping the dev team just makes all the forges the same time. So you just won't know until you finish. There is nothing worse than scraping yet another $1,500,000 to upgrade the starship and you see the low forge time.:mad:

6. Imjlshaw

Imjlshaw Level 6

I read that someone else has been compiling the same stats. So if you want more accurate stats go to the other forum and ask. However, given these stats you can still make some decisions.

First, creating rare or better items from common or uncommon isn't cost effective. It's better if you just buy them from the store (use the RESTOCK trick). Even at about $500,000 for a rare, that cost is only a bit more than 7x combinations and about $1,000,000 for an epic that's just double that. Additionally, you should create from the rare materials and if it's less than rare, just resell it. This doesn't make any profit (at least not at lvl23), but can conserve your cash. The only real problem is getting enough cash as you can use the AM or RESTOCK option more quickly. So to make more sense you may get epics and craft those in hope of a legendary. Otherwise sell everything else.

As for specific techmods, your best bet maybe to buy them in the store and craft rare or better to just get some Epics.

7. knotty

knotty Level 10

I have been collecting (in groups of 3) stuff i like that comes into the store... nothing else to spend the gold on anyway (I've had around 10mil at any given time for over month).

Just buy your favorite items of same rarity and keep them together until the update (it has been confirmed on their fb page and should arrive within a few days). Then you will have plenty of predictable results.

Since the level cap will be raised to 25, I intend on powerleveling thru 24 and then starting the forge up again at 25. Any items lost thru recombining at same rarity will at least be a brute of an inventory item by that point.

Many may have noted this, but the dps stats on most turrets began to increase almost exponentially after level 20. Another good reason to not be in a rush to have legendaries until you hit a level cap. I've had legendary missile turrets at 21 and at 23 - the one at 23 is almost twice the dps in burst damage.

Whatever will happen to these forges at 25 is going to be crazy OP

8. Juicyslayer

Juicyslayer Level 3

I forged 3 epics and received a legendary item. So for me it wasn't 100% back to epic. image.jpg