Evolution question

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by Kriacah, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Dryden

Dryden Level 3

Now question, does Equipment and Attribute Bonus also get factored into the 5% or 10% at max of the stats that are carried over?

2. Zarcos

Zarcos Level 5

No they do not.

3. Agarwaen3

Agarwaen3 Level 1

Ok, I love min-maxing as much as anyone, but let's calm down a little on the evolution talk and make a little calculation

Let's do a quick - orders of magnitude - calculation on the impact of this on your final hero:
    So, our 4* hero gets 5% of stats from both 3* heroes, who both get 5% of stats from all 4 3* heroes
    Now, what's the impact of 10000 stats (I assume that's generous, at my levels that would be more like 1000) on a 1* hero on our 4* : additional stats * nb of heroes * coefficient = 10000 * 8 * 0.05*0.05*0.05 = 10. That's about the natural variation in stats when a hero is created, and a c. 0.1% increase in stats. Again, I enjoy min-maxing, but that just sounds like a ginormous waste of time.

Now, for the extreme case where you trained your heroes to max level and the bonus gets bumped to 10%, bonus goes up to 80 stats, that's 0.8%. That's still fairly close to negligible, and I would argue that the "new content and patches" risk of having to change your heroes for the new flavor of the month as the game gets updated, makes it completely not worth it

tl;dr : Definitely forget about training 1* to max level, it has a rather negligible impact (<1%)

For 2* max level (10%), bonus goes up to 400 (less than 100 if you don't reach max level), that's 4% bonus stats. That's a pretty extreme investment for a small reward, but that's your call.

For 3* max level (10%), bonus goes up to 2000 (less than 1000 if you don't reach max level). Now we're talking.

tl;dr2 : Training your 3* heroes is definitely worth it, training 2* heroes can be marginally useful but requires waaaay too much time on your hands.
    Your 4* lvl 1 stats will be absolutely ridiculous though :)

Note : this relies on the assumption that stats growth is not affected by the evol bonus on base stats. if this turns out to be wrong, we'll do the calculations again.

Lord Anomander and Harbinger like this.
  4. Harbinger

Harbinger Level 3

Pretty good cost/benefit analysis Agarwaen. Thanks for putting that together.

5. Coolgametho

Coolgametho Level 3

I haven't unlocked the ritual yet to evolve them, but I got a question. I think I know the answer already but I just want to be sure. If you have a common 1 star monster and you evolve that one, will it remain common always, but become +star? Or does the rarity increase too? If so, then there is absolutely no point in keeping the summoned common units that still can evolve.

6. Zarcos

Zarcos Level 5

They keep the same rarity. However, some units seem to have a rarer version of themselves. Though, you cannot turn a common into an uncommon and you can't turn an uncommon into a rare and etc. Just sell all your commons and uncommons. I also sell all my rares unless they have 3 or 4 stars, because the more stars they have, the better exp they give when you reinforce a unit.

7. Coolgametho

Coolgametho Level 3

I see, thanks. Well, I'm still at the point where rares would be useful because atm I have only one star rares, so I guess i'll combine those two once I finish the ritual research. Hunting for a second epic unit, but I'm quite unlucky with the capture thing.

8. brandon /

brandon / Guest

8 times a 1 star you will make the 2 and 3 stars with them.

9. dvaj

dvaj Guest

So, I was reading all the post and personal verification on the evolution process. I just wanted to ask if someone has stats on "maximizing" the level 4* at level 10, 20, 30, 40 etc... versus a regular non-max hero at the same levels and what the difference in each level will be.

Say max-hero at lvl1 is 5% more than non-max hero at lvl1, is this true when at lvl 10, 20, 30, 40, etc... or is it only at lvl1 where the max-hero has the "added bonus" and is it that the growth of the heroes are all the same base upon that hero.

10. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Level 8

Is there a different base stat for a 4* card depending on whether it was a 3* + 3* or a 3* + 1*? Assuming that the base stats of the 4* are fixed, you'd get the 5% bonus based on how much the stats for the two original cards had increased beyond their base. Does this mean that the evolution level of the second card used doesn't matter, just the amount of training you put into it?

11. Ggeo

Ggeo Level 6

Player darktea hacks, he got 14-28 sugo yugol deep ones from level 2 to 100 in 30 minutes. If you find out what hack his using then u can build perfect evos easy....

12. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

You get 5% of the stats of both heroes used to evolve into a new one. Since a 3* hero will have higher stats than a 1*, you are better off making your 4* hero out of two 3* than a 3* and a 1*.

Which is unfortunate as the rewards for this past event are at most 4 of a kind when you need 6 1* heroes to get the 2 3* to make the best 4* you can...

Charsiupao likes this.
  13. Charsiupao

Charsiupao Level 8

Thanks for the reply. So I need to farm 6 Godsworn Shamans instead of 4 - that's not so bad. Must be a nightmare for Legendaries if they make them more than 2-star max, though.

Maybe the Horde will come back again next month or something so you can get another 4 centaurs? With 4 you can take your time to level up one 3* first. I'm only going to get 2, so I'm not even sure if I should level it up at all or wait for the next event. Probably will, though - the resurrect ability will be useful when facing the Horde again the next time.

14. Nawoo

Nawoo Level 5

After this recent Horde event, i got 6 centaur dragoon warriors. Is it possible to get a 4 star perfect evolve from them? Or do i need 8?

What happens when i evolve a 2 star with 1 star? Is that possible? Does it give me a 3 star or is it not possible at all

15. Arthanor

Arthanor Level 8

It is not possible to get a perfect evolution out of 6 heroes, you need 8 for that. BUT, a perfect evolution is a humongous waste if time. The only evolution way that is worth it (beyond the quick straight to 4*), is getting two 3* heroes, leveling them up and evolving them together into a 4* hero.

That way gives you 10% of a lvl100 3* hero's stats (ie 5% of two 3* hero's stats) and you will only be missing 1% of a 2* hero's stats (4 times 0.25%) and 0.1% of a 1* hero's (8 times 0.0125%). You more than double the amount of work to get even the small contribution from the 2* heroes, it is not worth it. What you should do is:

1- evolve 2 1* heroes into a 2* hero, twice
    2- evolve your 2* hero with a 1* to get a 3* hero, twice (I usually level up these heroes to 20 for a small stat boost, but it is not useful in the long run)
    3- level up your two 3* heroes to lvl100 then evolve them together into a near perfect 4*.
    4- enjoy your hero and the knowledge that you saved 75% of the work while reaping 90% of the benefits.

16. Ggeo

Ggeo Level 6

I have. 9 give u 3 for herridan, want my 4 star:/

17. Silvermeow

Silvermeow Guest

I was wondering if anyone knows and has tested if the exp after the max level has been reached matters or not when evolving and fortifying. And if so how much of a difference does it make?

18. Zim Baroo

Zim Baroo Level 1

I just took two 1 star Marsh Goblin Defenders and level them to 10, evolved them and compared the results against a captured 2 star Marsh Goblin Defender. Then leveled both of those to level 11.
    The result was:
    Evol 2 star stats = captured 2 star + (1 star stat * .1)
    Leveling up both units got (basically) the same amount of points added to each stat at each level. I say basically because there were some minor differences but they seemed to wash out over time. So say going from level 4 to 5 one of them got an extra point in attack, then at some higher level the other would get one extra point in attack.

So if you had 1000 extra points in each stat along the way, and fully leveled everyone of them, it would result in 8 extra points at the 4 star, assuming you evolved 8-1* into 4-2* into 2-3* into 1-4*. Where 1000 extra points in all at 2 star would result in 40 extra points and 1000 extra in 3* result 200 extra point.

I am not sure what would happen if you did a 2* + 1* evolve or 3* + 1* evolve. Will try to get some stats on that in coming days.

I have a google doc share if anyone would like to review numbers. However, since I am new to the forums I can not post a link...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014