Evolution question

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by Kriacah, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Kriacah

Kriacah Level 4

I'm curious if anyone has figured out the prime way to evolve yet.

What I mean is in other games of this style (Blood Brothers, Fatal Fusion, ect) you could evolve with all 1 star materials at level 1. But the resulting combine would be seriously underpowered compared to what you could get by evolving 8 maxed out creatures up through the trees.

The wikia currently says that for best results evolve all 4 level one creatures at once. I'm curious if that is the case. It would certainly be much easier if that is true.
    I'm 12 hours from unlocking evolution myself, when I can do a few tests of my own. I'm just hoping someone can save me the time lol.

Great game so far. Looks like a major improvement on the genre. And it's nice to see something developed by a western developer.

2. Ayasho

Ayasho Guest

I am still curious about this aswell.

My tryout so far:

Bandit Bruiser lvl 5 + Bandit Bruiser lvl 1
    ----------------------------------------------------
    At lvl 5 Bandit Bruiser + have 223 130 155 130 275 185

Bandit Bruiser lvl 5 + Bandit Bruiser lvl 5
    -----------------------------------------------------
    At lvl 5 Bandit Bruiser + have 227 132 157 132 278 188

If I get Bandit Bruiser + without evolution his statistics are lower then both of examples above.

Can anyone else confirm this or it is just a pure luck how initial statistics are arranged.

3. Zarcos

Zarcos Level 5

That is interesting, can anyone whose attempted this confirm this? I know on the wiki it says that all the creatures have the same base stats regardless of what levels the base units were that were used. I will be attempting this no doubt when I finally unlock evolution ritual.

4. Arcanist

Arcanist Level 2

Example I have a lvl 20 1* and another lvl 1 1* when evolving them does the lvl 20 lose the level??
    Also how does the stats gets added?

5. Ayasho

Ayasho Guest

I am quite certain level (stats) matters when evolving two creatures.

I spent 40.000 ember on evolutions to get Nightshade High-Priest +++ (4 stars). All evolving creatures were lvl 15-20. His level 1 stats were all over 500, some over 600. All other 4 star epic creatures that I gained either by capture or summoning are under 500.

Basically you can evolve 3 star creature with 1 star creature to get 4 star but product would have worse stats being 4 star creature.

Altho, there should be some creature evolve stats "cap" because otherwise you could evolve 1 star with max leveled evolved 4 star to gain better stats on new 2 star creature. It would be almost endless process of evolution.

6. Zarcos

Zarcos Level 5

The wiki said that the base stats from evolving two 1* creatures into a 2* creature will have better stats than any 2* of the same creature that you can capture.

It also says that the base stats are fixed upon evolving your creatures, but I can not confirm this, I will be attempting a couple experiments to see if I get any consistent results. Since sadly no developers have commented on the matter.

7. colossk

colossk Level 7

I am confused on this as well. But I believe the above is true. For example: I grinded the same level over and over again to capture 4 epic Duskwings. I captured all 4 at 1*, After evolving all 4 into a 4 Star "Duskwing the Verdant" The base stats at level 1 are much higher than what the wiki says, everything started at about 100 points higher than what the wiki shows. My magic attack started at 574 vs 468 as shown in the wiki My only question is, was that because they were all 1 stars evolved into a 4 star or is it because they were all evolved at around level 10-20 each time?

I also wanted to know what happens if I evolve my Duskwing the Verdant again? Can I? is it maxed at 4*? Does it become a Duskwing the Verdant+? Does it stars at level 1 again but with better Stats?

8. Zarcos

Zarcos Level 5

Well if you scroll up, one guy already did a test and based on his results, levels also affect the base stats of the evolved creature. I am going to be doing the same tests as him when I finally unlock evolution here in 4 hrs, but I doubt that he is wrong. Which means that you want your creatures as high of level as possible before using them to evolve into a higher star creature.

Which by the way, kind of sucks. Cause the highest level a creature can be is is level 100 I believe, while your hero can reach level 110.

9. Arcanist

Arcanist Level 2

Thanks for writing in. We're working on doing a better explanation of evolution, since we've had more than a few questions about it.
    To answer your question - yes the level of the initial hero influences the result of an evolution. While evolution will always yield a level 1 "fresh" hero (no training), their attributes will change depending on the levels of the initial heroes used - so an evolution formed from a pair of level 1 heroes will have lower stats than an evolution formed from a pair of max-level heroes. You'll benefit from having the level 30 in your evolution, but will miss out on maximizing stats if you pair it with a level 1 version of the same hero to create an evolution.
    I hope that clears things up. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.
    --
    Tom Murphy
    Game Designer, JuiceBox Games

Well there you have it I got a reply regarding evolving

10. Arcanist

Arcanist Level 2

Means for a superb evolution you need at least 4 1* max level hero!!! Imagine epic is about lvl70 gonna take some real grinding

If you want even better, take 4 1*+1* combinations
    Make 2 sets (1*+1*)+(1*+1*)=a 3*
    Than add the 3*+3*
    That's gonna take some time

11. Zarcos

Zarcos Level 5

^^^^ That is exactly what I was thinking...guess I won't bother evolving till I max out some heroes...lol Maybe evolution should be a level 100+ thing that is unlocked, instead of unlocking at leadership 3. heh...

Anyways, thanks for the info on it dev!

12. Mhadron

Mhadron Level 4

Now see that makes a lot of sense and is typical for these type of games.

13. tonyyvo

tonyyvo Level 1

If you don't mind, I'll add this explanation on the Wiki.

14. Kriacah

Kriacah Level 4

Yeah, perhaps giving Fortification before Evolution would be best.

And My tests do agree with everything said.

Duskwing+ made from two level 1 Duskwings

341 389 376 402 341 353

Compared to Duskwing+ from two level 12 Duskwings (difference in Parentheses)
    357(+16) 421(+32) 403(+1) 439(+37) 357(+16) 373(+20)

So even 12 levels is a considerable improvement.

I think I will wait until I unlock fortify to finish raising Duskwing (No room for him on my team yet anyway), but I don't think at this point in the game I would start from scratch on him. Same with my Forester. I have one 1 star I captured (30 now), and 1 3 star(10 now). I think it's more useful to get a semi powerful team, then work on better later.

15. Mhadron

Mhadron Level 4

Here is a post from another thread they commented on with actual stats.

Kriacah likes this.
  16. Kriacah

Kriacah Level 4

Ok, so it will be a considerable boost, similar to blood brothers. However considering it will be quite a while before I can do Max level heroes, I don't think I'll worry too much about it for now. Not enough space to hold onto 8 Duskwings to level to 99. Thanks for posting that. :)

17. Mhadron

Mhadron Level 4

1*+1* 1*+1* 1*+1* 1*+1*
    2* + 2* 2* + 2*
    3* + 3*
    4*

This would be the formula for a perfect evolution with all the cards at max level before evolution.

Though if works the same as other games. All the level ones don't have to be leveled as long as everything else is and you can still get around 99% of the total evolution stats.

Saibot_xvii likes this.
  18. Ifusaso

Ifusaso Guest

Yeah it's just like similar apps. I wouldn't worry about it until you reach the end game though. It will take a LONG time early to reach level 100. Make evolutions as you want until then.

Once you have the ability to reach level 100, then go back and capture 8x 1* the (epic) enemy of the job(s) you want and use the weaker (but still evolved) units you have from earlier to grind out late game dungeons for the large EXP boost.

19. mihok

mihok Level 2

Thats crazy shit, how many time you need to get a perfect Creature?

20. Crescent

Crescent Guest

15 times