Elite Training Vaults - new installment with insane formations

Discussion in 'Events' started by TPW, Jun 21, 2017.

1. TPW

TPW Level 54

Here is the DS 1500 point formation:

http://swfcdecks.com/builder?deck=eJyLNjQ0NTcyMjA2NdYhm2liaGlkYIRHlLACEwMjAxOIAguQAhM0UfwKYgFi5SdX

I did win with a triple def down 4x Obi JiH front line. My Ashla died quickly but it went alright. However, the 3k formation is probably going be the same but fully awakened.

The Hux CTs are nullified, so there's no ACC down option. My MoV OP form wasn't so OP anymore :(

The rewards are good too. 400K gives a diamond ticket, it looks like Konami is going to make those more standard in the game.

Beating the 1500 point formation and not the 3k point formation can be enough. You'd have to do 267 battles for that. At 4 battles an hour (BP and EP generation), that's 66 hours and 45 minutes, or 9.5 hours a day.

If you can't beat the 1500 point formations, it's going to be a problem.

EDIT: WTF, I suddenly lose 3 in a row. Apparently C3PO activating doesn't count for one of the Hux CTs and Ashla is targeted...

EDIT2: Old GG, LS and DS Cody are all available in Watto's shop for 1k points each, so you can get these to do the droid/beast/clone section.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Cheese Toasties likes this.
  2. guan

guan Level 14

You can use vehicles in vault 1 as well so you can fire in a jugg or trident, or even a clone falcon.

GiantPenguinCavalier likes this.
  3. TPW

TPW Level 54

Right, I just have to take the Han DD and Reys out of my falcon. Thanks for reminding me.

4. Dad323

Dad323 Level 28

you don't need need to take out rey 4*s

TPW likes this.
  5. GoldDigger

GoldDigger Level 13

which are the tree def down cards?

6. TPW

TPW Level 54

The def down cards I use on my main against the Hux CT + Flametrooper form?

Slave Leia, R2D2 and CC Bacara (LS). Two aren't awakened yet but I have no other def down cards. So the total def down is 65%.

I went on to fight the Finn + Bail formation, which is easier for me.

This is what I did against the Hux CT. http://swfcdecks.com/builder?deck=e...Vglito6sban0LDO91xPJxq1vhb4yU+7HJWgW14wQ6bCb+

C-3PO in a corner to keep him as far away from Ashla as possible, but with him not activating every time, you just get wrecked. I have won that battle a couple of times but I don't think my form is reliable enough to win every time. So I went to the Fin + Bail formation. Replace LS Bacara with DS Bacara of course and then I put C3PO back between Queen and 3* Bail. Not that C3PO matters so much there.

On the Finn formation, the front line is nullified and the Yoda AoLs don't really do enough damage, so maybe it's better to replace them with a card doing damage to the front row. I don't have those cards right now and I'm not going to buy 1k force point cards to do this more efficiently. But if you've got less Ben JiHs, then putting in all Han Solos will probably help you more. The Finns tend to be the first to fall every time for me.

That or you go for a lot of snipers to see if the 5* Bails fall sooner than the Finns in that case. The AoLs would be more effective if chanjar didn't hurt them so much. That would mean nullifying the AoL row, but in my case the front loses. If you've got MoVs as the front, this idea may also work.

7. JesterBlaze

JesterBlaze Level 12

I'm new and stuck on:
    Vault 1, Gate 6.
    Vault 3, Gate 2.
    Vault 3, Gate 4. <- I'm also not sure if this Gate is meant to be tougher than 2 or just different strategy-wise.

Any help (including swfcdecks) would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

For a new player interested in strategy this Event is very refreshing in that I've pulled all Clone cards from my FT list/wishlist and am now looking outside the scope of my initial Jedi/LS focus. :)

8. TPW

TPW Level 54

If you have 4k force points buy Old GG from the force point shop and make an EvoMax. You should be able to beat gate 6 if you put him in there.

Gate 6 is worth 1000 points so you can farm it to get the 400k for the diamond. Takes a lot of effort (with 6 days left it's almost 70 battles each day, for which you need the BP and EP of 17.5 hours).

As you're new you simply don't stand a chance in vault 3 gates 2 and 4.

9. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 46

R2, bacara, and 4* DS cody is better -- 70% def down on the flametroopers (which is really what you're aiming to reduce defense on). having gen leia helps out immensely against this form.

EDIT: running ambush is also a good idea. you want to give hux CT as few turns as possible to hit your mid/back lines before the lines meet.

TPW likes this.
  10. TPW

TPW Level 54

Yeah, I'm using ambush, but I have no Cody and I also have no Gen Leia.

I always forget about her, while she's not even that expensive in the market

11. JelleH

JelleH Level 11

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  12. JesterBlaze

JesterBlaze Level 12

Thanks for advice to simply avoid Vault 3's tougher levels, TPW. Only 1k Force Points in my inventory. At the moment it doesn't look like I'll use them during Event but I have no idea what's behind Vault 4 yet of course.

Correct me if the following is wrong but I think a good tip for us newer players and maybe everyone else is: Save your BP capsules until the end of Event. I was happy to consistently get 700 pts in Vault 1:Gate 5 but saved my BPs just in case and as of today I'm able to consistently get 1000 pts/battle in gate 2 and currently have 119 BP capsules saved in anticipation of hopefully getting more than 1000 pts/battle by Event's end.

Is there a BP capsule storage max?

13. TPW

TPW Level 54

No, there is no maximum on BP capsules. Tomorrow the last two sectors of gates 1 and 2 will be opened. See if you can win those too. If not, buying Old GGs in bulk may help you win gate 1 sector 8. I'll be able to tell what you'll need on that sector tomorrow. With 119 BP you'll have almost 60K event points if it's with 1k point formations but 90k if that last sector is 1500 points and you can win.

14. daveboy16

daveboy16 Level 14

Don't forget challenge gates open in week 2 which offer 50% extra points over the normal gates

15. TPW

TPW Level 54

Yes, but the challenger gates are not guaranteed victories even if the normal gates are. You'll find all formations that will win against the normal gate formation so those may also win against yours. And winning 2 out of 3 while losing the third means you're no better off than just doing the normal formation constantly.

The good part is that you'll get to see the entire formation before battling IIRC. It's certainly worth taking a look at the challenger formation but if you're not sure you'll win I'd recommend against it. There's no guarantee you'll get more points from challenger formations, so if you're pressed for points to get your target, while you're still confident you'll get there with the normal formations, I'd suggest to double down on the guaranteed wins from there.

If you're either sure you'll get to your point goal or you have to take the risk to get there, then look at the challenger gates. But don't go do challenger gates if it turns out you'll be losing them.

Each challenger gate will make you fight the proposed formation before you can fight another one. If you win, you'll immediately get another formation. If you lose you'll have the option to battle this formation again for up to an hour (but don't do it because you'll probably lose again). Of course, each different sector in each gate has its own challenger formation series. So if you can't win e.g. gate 3 sector 5's challenger formation but you can win gate 3 sector 2's challenger formation, then you'll just go there. Take a look at both before fighting.

16. TPW

TPW Level 54

The last gate of sectors 1 and 2 is worth 2000 points. So win 200 of these battles and you'll have the diamond ticket.

Training Vaults Sector 2 Gate 8.png

This formation wins Sector 2 Gate 8 every single time. Skills in there are Short EVA up (Kit Fisto) sk40, Light Eva Up (Shaak Ti) sk40, DS ACC down (LS Gree) sk50, All ACC Down (Teemto) sk40. I have seen these activate. I also have a sk40 Saesee Tiin but haven't seen him activate when I checked.

Time taken is about 42 turns.

I think it's very easy to win this gate. All you need are some heavy hitting 4*s and triple def up on your front or triple def down. That should be enough. I've got EVA up and ACC down on this formation but I'll upload the image of another formation with def downs later.

17. TPW

TPW Level 54

2017-06-23 11.33.59.jpg

Skills that always activate in my case here: sk50 DS DEF down, LS ATK up, LS DEF up

I have the following sk40: male DEF down, All DEF down, Jedi DEF up, these won't activate but I think I'd still win if I had these 3 instead of the sk50. Battle is over within 20 turns

18. JesterBlaze

JesterBlaze Level 12

Can you tell me how many points are given for Vault 2: Gate 7?

And I've been saving my TRemotes since I thought I read that we lost them upon Evolving cards. Now I think read (as the screen flashed by) that we keep the higher skill level of the 2 cards when Evolving. If I plan on Awakening Cin Drallig at some point am I currently safe using TRemotes in a single one without fear of losing on the next Evo process? I lost on my only attempt against V2:G7 this morning but it wasn't without hope of victory with some focus/changes later today.

19. TPW

TPW Level 54

If you evolve two skill cards then the highest skill grade will carry to the new card.

So you're doing it right by setting the skill to 10 on a base, then 20 on the evo1 when you've evolved the sk10 with a sk1, then evolve the sk20 evo1 to evo2 with a sk1 base, then again (sk30 evo2 + base = sk30 EvoMax)

If you make e.g. two sk20 evo1 cards and you evolve them into an evo2, then you'll effectively lose the remotes of a sk20 evo1. So skill only one card while you're still in the process of evolving and awakening.

Vault 2 Gate 7 gives 1500 points. What 4* cards do you have at the moment? I think a front line of EvoMax 4* Mace or Obi-Wan will do just fine, backed up with whatever card has the highest attack. Do put your Cin Drallig in there and maybe you've got a Master Yoda for Jedi Def up? There are always at most 3* skills activated before the battle so if you have the training remotes, skill the desired cards up one at a time and don't put remotes in other cards that have skills you don't need.

Finally, there's a difference in evolving cards to green text and yellow text, are you familiar with this?

20. JesterBlaze

JesterBlaze Level 12

Thanks! I've yet to use any TRemotes so cumulatively this should make a noticeable difference I hope! I've so far been using the auto-load formation for Vault 2 because it was enough. I'll try to create my own and post it today for tips. I think as far as Evo max+ I only have Ben on the Death Star and Cin but could be wrong. I might actually have enough cards for an Evo max+ Barriss (Healer) at this point.

I'm aware of the difference between "perfect Evo" and "not perfect". I'm only working on perfect Evos with my "real cards" but have been stacking Shri Skywalker 2* to test the process of upgrading 1 by 1 to see if it can eventually get to an Evo max+. I hadn't noticed the text color. I only recently noticed the green progress bar at the bottom and the green awakened circle at the top. :p