Dragon Blaze

Discussion in 'General' started by VeXew, May 8, 2015.

1. Trytun

Trytun Level 52

Medals:
    Wow, so I have to fuse 5 SSS into my SSS warrior to deify into Deathcrown? That seems a bit extreme. I only have 5 total SSS units.

I have all the Deathcrown essences and my Black Dino Tyran is maxed out on upgrades minus limit breaks.

2. Alex Kearnen

Alex Kearnen Level 14

Aye, you have to. It's a crazy amount of work, hence you should absolutely consider carefully which Draco you want first, though supposedly having a Draco will totally boost the power of your squad.
    The online opinions lean heavily towards Blackaria it seems.
    I wonder if it remains as hard in the Korea original version as the Global one to obtain SSSes. It's a long ride to get a team of Deified allies.

3. Trytun

Trytun Level 52

Medals:
    I'm lvl 33 - about what level should I look into seriously getting my Blackaria/Deathcrown?

My team right now is:
    Captain Shabelle
    Shining Sword Loki
    Black Dino Tyran
    Aura Windlune
    My priest character

Am I good for awhile?

4. Alex Kearnen

Alex Kearnen Level 14

You got Shabelle, the top SSS healer ally with AOE revive, second only to Blackaria. And your main is a priest, so for you, you can indeed focus on another Draco to aim for!

I think you should gun to deify Aura (or another SSS archer) into Draco Bloodwind or Dino (or another SSS warrior) into Draco Deathcrown. I would prefer Bloodwind cos I think I will value effective DPS over a better tier tank for general use in the game.

5. FelixFelice

FelixFelice Level 56

You are fine. Shabelle is the 2nd best healer. What is impoartant is that you work on maxing out your team. I honestly would not worry about making a Draco until you are sufficiently ready. Once you deify, the new Draco unit will be at level 0 again and you will have to go through the entire process of getting them to Max and then Limit breaking them again. Having a maxed out unit is much more important than trying to fast track to a Draco.

Trytun likes this.
  6. Alex Kearnen

Alex Kearnen Level 14

A major patch was realized earlier this week. New chapters, new max leve cap!

Anyone knows what's up with the formation system and exp?

7. newbie424

newbie424 Level 18

The game was really good as F2P until you start dealing with Draco's. After I made my bloodwind you have to use an essence (30 rubies in shop) for every enhance attempt, as well as re-limit break again. Only once you get to high enhance levels are they better than +ult regular sss. It becomes a huge grind.

8. FelixFelice

FelixFelice Level 56

That is the point. Dracos are the end of the line in terms of units needing to be evolved. That is the reason they are such a grind.

9. newbie424

newbie424 Level 18

Yes. They don't seem like they will ever be outdated even when you look at the Jp/Korean version (I forget which is farthest ahead). That means 1, the game feels like it will become stale, and 2. Once you max a few good sss, which doesn't take long, your progress slows to a crawl. The pace of the game changes a lot and its very easy to lose interest after that.

10. FelixFelice

FelixFelice Level 56

But they do get outdated. Just by other deity units. Then the fun starts again. You also have have dragon busters, raids, story, guild battle, etc. Basically like everyother phone game.

11. newbie424

newbie424 Level 18

From what I recall, even compared to newer deity units, the bloodwind and the healer remain the best for their role. By the time you get them, you can go for the other newer deity units for other roles. You can basically plan out your end team pretty accurately far in advance. Regardless, the change in pace once you hit a certain point is a lot more drastic than for a lot of other phone games. For me it was too big of a change so I stopped. If you enjoy it then good for you, keep playing. I'm just putting my opinion out there as a top F2P player. I don't mind the inevitable slowdown in progression, but this was like slamming hard on the brakes for me.

12. FelixFelice

FelixFelice Level 56

No problem. I can understand it getting boring, especially given that their special events consist of more dungeon grinding. Dragon Blaze is a side game for me so I don't play it like I do BF and CC so I haven't really had the chance to hit that wall yet.

Trytun likes this.
  13. Alex Kearnen

Alex Kearnen Level 14

Well, as a F2P player, I think DB does a decent job of rewarding game time put in as they give you shoes just for using them etc and by and by they drop SS or SSS units on you. Unless you want to be at the top of the Arenas etc I think it's pretty worth playing as a F2P. This game is in fact really expensive for P2P.

14. newbie424

newbie424 Level 18

No I agree that it is very good for F2P. The problem I had with the game was once you start maxing out your sss units, the only way to really improve your team is to deify units (making new sss units isn't helpful anymore), and there were 2 problems with that. 1. It slows down the pace of your game/progress immediately and much more drastically than I am used to for other games. 2. With guidance from other versions (jp), you can tell which deify units will be best for which roles, and you can really just plan out your endgame team months in advance. You end up spending so much time working on the same thing that the game gets pretty stale at that point.

To talk more about that first problem, I was a top F2P player (1% in all the weekly things pretty much (top 50 sometimes in arena/labyrinth), top 3 guild, 3 max level characters (when i quit it was lvl 55 warrior, rogue, priest with maxed myth blazing set). When the first deity units came out, I made a bloodwind pretty much immediately. Using 13 s-rank units and spending about 700 saved up rubies on essences to deify my +ult aura windlune and enhance him, I ended up with a +2 bloodwind. That's pretty much 2 weeks+ of effort to only get 2 enhance levels lol. I tried to farm essences, but the drop rate was so abysmal that to me it didnt seem like a viable option (I think I got like 1 or 2 for bloodwind over a week's worth of farming?).

Anyways that sucked, but really it can and will take months for even a top f2p player to finish (+ult) a single deity-class unit, and I had no desire to do that. I got a really good amount of rubies each week (probably ~500-600?) but still progress feels sooooo slow. Before, making a new sss unit was awesome, especially if you needed a particular role or something. Now it's just congrats you made 1 fodder! In general, this is a problem with the overall game, not just a f2p vs p2p problem. However, only heavy P2P players can overcome this i think.

But regardless, this is only a problem if you're at that stage of the game, which most F2P (and honestly some P2P) won't be. I really enjoyed the game before I hit that point so I played it a ton. I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm especially if they are enjoying the game currently, but I just thought I would share my perspective, especially for those who play the game a lot or plan on reaching endgame at all.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  15. LZJ

LZJ Level 39

In the new update, the new maps are giving SO MANY essence drops just from farming boss stages. It is expected that right after the first deity units came out, they would have to make it harder to get, but with this update, farming essences are so easy now.

16. newbie424

newbie424 Level 18

Haha that's good news then. Oh well, I already had my fun with that game and I don't see myself going back lol.

17. JigsawX

JigsawX Level 27

Eh I would say my experience is that Ally's and especially B one drop more in the new chapter. My essence rate has been roughly the same, good first few days and now its averaging 1-2 per day.

18. LZJ

LZJ Level 39

I got 3-5 essence drops in less than an hour earlier farming the last boss map, and this is the norm. I see many of my guild members getting the same rate of essence drops.

19. JigsawX

JigsawX Level 27

Do they also only farm the last boss map? That would be interesting if that map has a higher drop rate compared to every other spot.

20. VeXew

VeXew Level 20

ALL acended units are useful.
    Why?
    Because you need 3 ultimate allies of a certain type to craft a item that transforms your acended into Dragon Buster.

Also, just by playing, you can make one SSS per week for completely free without having to spend rubies on summon gate whatsoever.

How to make the free SSS.
    Fuse B rank fodders into your S rank fodders to make SS.
    B rank's has very good drop rate from any s2 area.
    Events, rewards etc will give you S rank units for free each week.

Then you just fuse 2-1 A rank per level into your SS units to make SSS.

Anyone who has enough time to spend on playing the game should be able to obtain 1 SSS per week if you spent your boots and tickets correctly.