Defend and Destroy

Discussion in 'Events' started by EllBringa, Mar 11, 2016.

1. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    So, is this our land-based Legion event?

Seems interesting and more complex than LaW.
    The incapacitation mechanic is also pretty unique.

Thoughts?

2. Moritasgus

Moritasgus Level 15

Looks interesting and nute summoners (but you need to finish top 100 for a 5*) as rewards.
    Could be fun, the only downside it looks like its back to the one battle a day timeslots like sector battles it seems so if for instance an all german legion gets prime european time against a mostly US legion it will give them a big advantage.

3. TPW

TPW Level 54

I'd rather have 10 gambit tickets than 1 4* Card dealer summoner. Sure, the 10 tickets cost 2 4*s but there's at least a chance of getting a 5* in return.

4. EphFury

EphFury Level 19

It looks like there are 3 battles per day and unlike LaW you can specify your preference. They're very similar time slots to LaW.

5. EphFury

EphFury Level 19

Having looked through the description a few times it sounds like each battle lasts a full hour and at the end the 2 teams scores are compared to find a winner. I hate it when a LaW battle lasts longer than a couple of rounds, can't think of anything worse and more likely to strip away my enjoyment of the game than having to commit 3 x specific 1 hour chunks each day for a week.

docsmooth24 likes this.
  6. λrcTrooper ibis.a

λrcTrooper ibis.a Level 23

I'm going to be screwed In the event....I run a high cost form so I have low ep....looks like I'm going to blow throw supplies super fast....it's quite the turn off for the event...it's like straight punishment...

you either have a lot of ep to get a lot of supplies so you can attack but if you have a lot of ep then your form might not be that great so you don't win.

Or

You have a higher than average form cost but low ep so you can't charge much supplies PLUS you use more supplies just to attack because you form cost is high....so as a strong formed player in your legion you might not be able to contribute much because you blow throw supplies faster than others...

Unless I read the description wrong...

7. TPW

TPW Level 54

I think you read it right. I'm not unhappy with this system though. It makes both about as important.

8. λrcTrooper ibis.a

So just a thought,

Since they are going to use the stack cards in legion bank as the max attack reinforcements, you think konami let us donate vehices to our legion now (land based vehicles)?

9. ihatemylife

ihatemylife Level 7

i think they should

10. bobble

bobble Level 36

I like the idea, hope they give a chance of winning if your score ends with certain numbers too
    Dealer.png

11. bobble

bobble Level 36

Chance of a 5* but what are the infinitesimally small odds?
    I prefer the limited but clear choices presented by the dealer.

in b4:
    "Never tell me the odds!"

12. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Iirc, the description made it seem like supplies are legion-wide pool, so you could use your legionmate's supplies.
    On the flip side, you could just act as a defender. Due to incapacitation, you can still play a role by simply being online.

13. λrcTrooper ibis.a

Lol I hope it's not legion wide pool, my legion will disown me...my battle strength isn't strongest but I have highest cost and strongest form...id blow through the supplies...

Defender wouldn't be bad as long as I get event points for each battle that uses me as defender...than again konami logic would dictate that A.I don't get event points for defending and B.I be in defend and I never get selected to defend some other legion mate does....that's how that security team for LAW work right?.....extra 10% chance yeah right

EllBringa likes this.
  14. fredthebadger

fredthebadger Level 44

Utter hatred.

They locked up the legion stack pool the moment it was announced, so everyone who had rare stacks in there are going to lose them the moment someone needs to Max Atk.

They also have a newly released pair of 5* cards as the only event-power cards.

I don't even care if the actual event is good, the way they decided to arbitrarily drain all the good stack cards without warning and the lack of 3* event cards are both super scummy.

By-Tor of Cygnus and youzthe4ce like this.
  15. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Did they? Didn't notice. They should allow for us to fill the stores up.

For now. Pretty sure there will be 4* and 3* event cards released upon event start.
    Same thing for podracers the first time around.

bobble likes this.
  16. fredthebadger

fredthebadger Level 44

You can't take anything out, period. From the moment the announcement was placed. The excuse is complete bullshit: "As an anti-Cheating measure"

You also can't deposit during battle, which makes perfect sense.

But they've specifically disallowed you from pulling out your Elite Stack cards before someone has to Max-Atk and vaporizes them all. That's just being a douchebag for no reason.

youzthe4ce likes this.
  17. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Eh, I can understand the need for that. All's fair in love and war.
    +, the stacks pretty much have the most use for events like these. Not sure how good the new elite ones are, but I assume that they still aren't good enough for regular deck usage for most decks.

18. fredthebadger

fredthebadger Level 44

It's not about regular deck usage, it's about rarity.

If someone had elite Gungans/Ewoks/etc, it's been a while since the last event that gave them out and now Konami is going to just vaporize all of them that were in Legion pools.

19. EllBringa

EllBringa Level 44

Medals:
    Vell, I assume those who wanted to collect them did not store them into legion storage.
    I also assume those who wanted to collect them but were unable to get them directly withdrew them from the legion soon after they were donated.

SumiXam and Red 11 like this.
  20. Berger_the_Hutt

Berger_the_Hutt Level 13

First, I think 2 of the 3* event cards will be Ashoka and Asajj; Log-in rewards leading to an event are often an event card. Ya, I don't have a problem with the stack card thing. If they help a legionmate win a battle, they've served a useful purpose.

osver likes this.