Concerning the popularity of this game

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Brave Exvius' started by RaichuGuy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. RaichuGuy

RaichuGuy Level 5

I can't seem to find any other English speaking community for this game and this forum is pretty much inactive... is this game really that unpopular among foreigners? Or is it unpopular in Japan too. The recent fireworks event yielded 9M quest completions.... assuming each person did the quest 100 times... there would only be 90k players. I find this game rather amusing to be this unpopular. It is also less pay to win oriented than other Squareenix games so that's a plus. I wouldn't want this game to die off just because it is not popular enough :(

2. Zenn

Zenn Level 50

Imo, as far as i know this game is popular in japan. Also japan games are usually popular outside japan because they have the global version, like brave frontier.
    Also this is only the second months of release and this game have 5m downloads on playstore/appstore.

So i assume this game just lack of global influence.

You can go to reddit for information and news update, but still google translate is still required sometimes lel.

3. SurfacePen

SurfacePen Level 60

Medals:
    It's popular, at the same time unsatisfactory, alot of players are unhappy about how the current development team are handling /dishing out content

alterionz likes this.
  4. alterionz

alterionz Level 41

correct, this is the current game. while the app rank still higher than BF both on IOS and android.

the game still have a lot of potential, also theres a leak something similar with BF raid on ffbe (unconfirmed)

as for fireworks event, a lot of people only doing it up to 40 runs only rather than 100x since most of em doesnt like repetitive exploration. theres also a whale, a measly 5000 lapis equivalent isnt worth their time to run it.

a lot of people unhappy with how their summon rate works, nerf, bug, etc (even this trust rate up fucked me good)

btw, theres a facebook group as well, totalling 1000 users for foreign player.

SurfacePen likes this.
  5. RaichuGuy

RaichuGuy Level 5

Nice to hear about all these.... hopefully Squareenix wouldn't screw up the development of this game and making its playerbase leave the game. For the fireworks event, I personally did the quests 200 times just for the magicites... best event to farm magicites IMO lol

6. OnePiece

OnePiece Level 12

The game is alright. There are still some bugs to be work out but for the most part they are not game changers. Being a new game there are a lot of players that have completed most of the quests and are left with nothing more to do other than farm. And even though energy fills quite quick the events also take quite a bit so you're left with not doing much unless you spend the crystals to refill energy.

There are several problems with a new game like this,

1. Current players rush to a higher level and left with nothing to do. I'm rank 60 on my main and 47 on my second i.e.
    2. Casual and F2P players will lag behind until they have good units
    3. Pulling units is the same as any other game, people are making excuses for them.
    4. The drop rates for some evolution material is hard and nonexistent other than the Gate (God and Kamina crystal). and even then they suck.

This last point is the worse of them all. The game is easily hackable and I'm sure there are A LOT of players that abuse this instead of enjoying it and supporting it. I'm also confident to say this is why there aren't many contributions to this forum. Players that hack demolish everything and have absolutely no strategies to share other than to wait for one. I have started contributing but had to switch back to BF JP for the events. All I did in FF was level up as the half energy was too appealing not to.

I struggle with Japanese as I don't read or write it. A lot of my time is spent, like yours, around the translated FF website. If you have any questions just post as I often check from time to time.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  7. SurfacePen

SurfacePen Level 60

Medals:
    ooo thks for calling us hackers

8. OnePiece

OnePiece Level 12

NP, any time.