Blizzard Form: A Guide

Discussion in 'General' started by Electricboa, May 8, 2015.

1. -KNM-

-KNM- Level 19

You could however also consider going atk up. This form won't go to pg13 no matter what so you won't have that much chanjar. And your atk is higher than opponent's defense so it makes sense to boost that way.

2. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Why sleia instead of ds cody

3. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Ok... ty. I do kinda like the atk up idea.

4. -KNM-

-KNM- Level 19

Oh yeah, get r2-c3po in there. Maybe you even have a personal bb8? That's 10% extra.

5. Dark Killer 2

Dark Killer 2 Level 21

because mejority use null in the front row, and in front row are short and DS cody skill is about short. Leia is more usefull

6. smutpedler

smutpedler Level 32

I'm currently running a blizz/tie adv form with chanjar. Veers skill keeps going off and due to null it's only affecting Sim Aloo but I'd rather not have him hit by the skill. What's a good 3rd skill to run with chanjar? ERG or Tarkin perhaps? Help protect those buffer cards from juggs? Or go for the kill and throw in a slave leia? I'd be loosing BB-8 to do this so thoughts on maximum effectiveness?

7. Tr1bes

Tr1bes Level 35

Yeah seeing as their not the same skill, they do stack. Same as bail/Queen stack and Mas/SCP stack. Different named skills will always stack. Hence, why triple up: Luke x-wing, Poe, Jan D works. Or 4* Veers, Lott and FoTFP all work. For future reference, check combat logs before you start spreading mis-information.

8. Dark Killer 2

Dark Killer 2 Level 21

Because you null and too much people run chanjar is preferable a skill effect in opp form

9. smutpedler

smutpedler Level 32

Even though I'm chanjar'ing that skill too?

10. liseterk

liseterk Level 20

Bail /Queen and Mas / SCP don't have the same skill. One of them has (SML) the other one is (MED). Another issue is that they have combat skills, not prep skills. Thanks to Konami there is no clarification about that. So even if i'm wrong about this - the clarification is needed. I didn't even insist that what i said was true, all i said was "i would be really surprised" if it isn't.

Checking combat logs isn't the solution enough - because the skill has two components. From where i stand "&" is a logical marker - the skill functions as if it's giving you 2 preps in one. Long Atk UP and Long ACC UP. So It's very possible that combat log shows both of them - but one ATK up may override the other. That was and is my caveat regarding the issue and i need no proof to show doubt. You're the one who's "certain" about his claim and spreading information. I'm sharing opinion.

I can't see anyone here who actually did run tests. all people are doing are telling me combat logs show they both proc. As per the point above that was never the question. My logic tells me - that both of them activate - but you only benefit from the ACC Up version - but there have been many cases in the game where the descriptions were problematic and testing showed it. So if you have data, instead of trashing someone who has doubts about the mechanics of the skill, just show the data. I don't care if they stack or not - i was here to help - not to prove a point, but to help.

Yet that eventually turned into a pissing contest again.

So - if anything - my argument calls for testing. And by testing i mean - damage amounts with and without both of those skill proccing against the same opposition. Even if my argument is false - ( and if i'm wrong about something - people ( including me ) actually learn from it )

a) the clarification was and is needed. And my "spreading of mis-information" is not detrimental and is actually helpful. We're not talking about bible here, we are talking about poorly typed skill descriptions of Konami.

b) my point regarding cost efficiency of them remains. It's a shitty investment because 3up formations are not viable in meta anyway. and even if they were running a Tagge is 400 motes and about a SCP base cheaper. Since there is no such a thing as ultimate up form ( any proper form with Chanjar, including Chanjar Blizzards will trash you anyway - i can run the math why not nulling is a terrible idea if you wish, i had the numbers somewhere in my message box ) And since UP forms need to be cheap ( that's the only thing going for them) , the price difference between Tagge and FOTFP is a waste.

c) it bears little to no significance in the context i used that information. the post didn't just say - they don't stack trash it; it said i quote:

"So if that's the case ( i haven't tried but if it isn't i would be really surprised ) you only get the ACC boost from FOTFP, and given that you only actually need ACC boost on Tie and Blizzard and you can solve that issue with the ACC bot or the new 3* booster - running FOTFP alongside Veers is a collosal waste. " Again - if it's not clear i'm repeating the point i'm making - if they don't stack it's catasrophical, if they do "any help is good" but at that price tag it's a waste of resources.

and last but not least

No future reference is needed, as a semi-retired player i was trying to help people to get oriented in the form and with their long-term planning and i do this instead of playing the actual game much to the dismay of my legion mates.

Yet I seriously don't need this kind of drama.

Lise out.

Dad323 likes this.
  11. Dark Killer 2

Dark Killer 2 Level 21

Chanjar only affect opp form
    is preferable boost your Blizzard with C-3PO & R2 LE or BB-8

12. Tr1bes

Tr1bes Level 35

They have the exact same skill. Bb8 is more expensive cap wise by a few points, but also has better Eva awakened. C3/R2 is much cheaper though

13. Article Six

Article Six Level 7

Have you figured a way to use FOTFP in place of regular TFP?

14. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Unfortunately, no. Sim Aloo is kind of key to the form and he doesn't boost FO units. You could use FOTP just for the skill, but since you're probably using Null on the Blizzard, it's not going to be as good. At that point, though, you'd be better off just using 4 star Phasma to negate Golden Gods and Finn.

Honestly, I don't really compete as hard as I used to. The whole Awakening feature utterly killed my interest in the game. I mean I've improved slightly, like using 5 star Veers and Vader TA for pilots, but that just keep me bouncing between PG 11 & 12. The only way I see to get to PG 13 now is with an Awakened Kylo Ren line or something similar.

hammy~the~hamsta and Article Six like this.
  15. Article Six

Article Six Level 7

Thank you

16. Dark Killer 2

Dark Killer 2 Level 21

Until konami release more galactic empire boost that's all

17. SkyRattlers

SkyRattlers Level 11

What's the verdict on using the new 3* Barrow or the old R2-Q5 droid for the ACC boost?

18. smutpedler

smutpedler Level 32

Most people I've asked have said they've not yet tested it but Barrow being "always on" looks better on paper at least than the acc up droid who has to proc to take effect.

19. Bernie Alonge

Bernie Alonge Level 13

Anyone find themselves in pg14 yet? Pg13 looks possible with the herd thinned

20. SkyRattlers

SkyRattlers Level 11

I was in pg13 about 75% of the time before so I'm expecting to stay in pg13 pretty much full time now.