BIG News from Juicebox! (April Fools!)

Discussion in 'Honorbound' started by MadCouchDisease, Apr 1, 2014.

1. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

Hey guys, let me just show you an email I sent to Juicebox:

image.jpg

And after two days, I received a reply. I'll post it here, but reading it is unnecessary since I'll explain in detail what the email said. It's a long one...

image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg

Okay, now that that's all there, let me just summarize what Erik Nilsson said here:

- Raffle tickets for 1500 gems. I assume hundreds will most likely participate, but at least it's not a one in a million chance?

- Naema, Freydis, Gorg, and A'san are no longer legendaries... that sucks... but I guess it's neat that a legendary is incredibly rare now! I mean if you get one, that is.

- Afghan soldiers and Somali Pirates will be added (with more to be announced, I guess). I assume they'll have mythical attributes since Honorbound is a fantasy game.

- Mandatory log-ins are going to be put in order. If you don't log into Honorbound once every 48 hours you'll receive a strike. I assume after three strikes the game will terminate your account. It's to handle the hacker threat that Honorbound is facing.

So yeah, sometime mid-April this will be in effect. What do you guys think? I'm a bit disappointed but that's just me.

This is an April Fools joke

2. Gabe

Gabe Level 5

I really hope this is some elaborate April fool's joke, because this would really kill the game for me. Otherwise when you asked about what direction the game is going, he should have just replied, "pay to win."

3. SocialBender

SocialBender Level 8

This is a joke,april right...mandatory logins is utter bullsh*t,don't expect anyone to believe that!

4. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

I think the mandatory logins is the best way to get rid of hackers, honestly. I mean there are dozens that just create fake accounts and rank up without logging on or whatever. This eliminates those fake accounts.

And I log-in every day so it won't affect me!

5. Dkup

Dkup Level 6

Couch, while i encourage and support the spirit and creativity of an April fools day joke, you embellished a bit too much. Also if they did what you have proposed they would endure quite a few lawsuits.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  6. NonSEnCe

NonSEnCe Level 4

If that's really the case, then JB is moving in the wrong direction

7. Gien_

Gien_ Moderator

Damn... so the only way to get a "true" legendary after the next update will be spending your family fortune on random summonings... If this is real, of course...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. appletong

appletong Level 7

Force log-in is stupid. What if I go travelling in Africa for a week and there is no internet connection?

9. dhawin

dhawin Level 7

if these things are true, and i hope theyre not, this would really kill the game for me. The only reason i liked the game was becoz you can actually be at par with guys that pay, you grind more than they have to but at least the gap isnt that big. so if you can only get legendaries thru card packs then i guess its time to find another game that doesnt feel like its "pay to win" game.

Yiang likes this.
  10. TootieFrooty

TootieFrooty Level 3

I hate the plan....

11. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

Haha okay before people start getting upset at Juicebox, this was all an April Fool's joke! None of this is true and was all made up because I was bored :)

Have a nice night and sleep well knowing your legendaries are safe and mandatory log-ins would never in a million years happen.

Lord Anomander and Gien_ like this.
  12. dhawin

dhawin Level 7

i feel annoyed and relieved at the same time, damn you madcouch, lol XD

MadCouchDisease likes this.
  13. QueenBee69

QueenBee69 Level 5

Haha. The part about legendaries is completely believable. I can see that happening if the card packs are generating lots of profits. :)

I hope this doesn't give juicebox any new ideas...

14. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

If you look above the time and date of my first post, you can barely make out "this is an April Fool's joke" haha.

If Juicebox adopted anyone of those ideas, you may personally lynch me for being solely responsible. I trust that they won't take anything more away from the player than they already have (which isn't much to begin with, anyway).

QueenBee69 likes this.
  15. marstin

marstin Level 4

This got to be a fking joke! this is not just "pay" to win, this is a fking "keeping paying us" to win otherswise go fk yourself! This is fucking crazy. If this this true, the only 5 star rating i'll give is the ability they suck money from their supporters! !

16. Gien_

Gien_ Moderator

Its an April Fools joke... read the most recent posts first

17. Lavok

Lavok Level 1

You gotta be joking... After taking so much money a strike from not loggin in?!!! Why are these games trying to kill the selfs, last game another game screwed me over was solstice arena, not another, please don't make this game slowly wither and die.

18. BreadPit

BreadPit Level 5

This whole thread truly shows how most forum users reply to threads in general: Read first post, press "reply", start rant. No further reading or research done. Quite sad actually.

19. Mantras

Mantras Level 6

The title of this post should be edited to avoid unnecessary rants.

20. MadCouchDisease

MadCouchDisease Level 8

Might as well change the title. It was fun while it lasted :)

Gien_ and Mantras like this.