Best hero cards.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' started by Tunevec, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

If they do anything at all (and I seriously doubt they will), they might give a few shards. Granted, I'd be very upset if I'd paid $50 for the Barriss package, but I just got lucky and drew her. I did buy the Dooku one, but that was pretty cheap. As long as they keep him a good character, I wouldn't be too upset. Dooku wouldn't be that hard to fix, maybe drop his counter to 50% or something like that. Barriss is going to be getting a serious nerf, though. She's arguably the best character in the game right now. I'm guessing that some of her heals are going to be gutted or removed.

I agree that a Jedi team has the best potential right now. They have the best synergy of any type. Aayla is only in Data Packs, though. She, Old Ben, Qui-Gon, and Kit Fisto are only there right now. And a lot of the other are on high levels and pretty scarce.

But I've found that Old Ben is the most annoying. I've run into a couple people using him on their team, and his mind trick attack pretty much disables my whole team.

2. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I've been nothing but happy with my Aayla. She hits hard and often.

3. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

I'd be surprised if they didn't nerf Dooku and Barriss. Removing Dooku's stun would go a long way, Barriss idk. It seems the best way would be to lower her health some? Fingers crossed they don't go nuts.

Aayla is very legit. Don't have her skilled much, but she strikes me as a more balanced LS Dooku with self heal. Qui Gon and her occasionally bringing in Barriss' on hit heal is a dream. Qui Gon's a bit squishy at gear level IV is my only complaint.

4. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

So the game glitched enough Vader shards to unlock. Dude is chunky. I like the design a lot and he runs a dream with Sid.
    Got a perfect setup and popped a 4200 damage swing without a crit. Not goat on his own I don't think, but damn fun.

5. Jewmangi

Jewmangi Level 37

What glitch?

6. roadburn12

roadburn12 Level 34

Damn thats some crazy damage

7. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

Giggity!

8. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Gave me full level completion shards that weren't earned for certain. Feels like there may have been more freebies, but wasn't paying close enough attention.

9. binary flotsam

binary flotsam Level 36

Qui-Gon is an absolute monster when you show his abilities some love. Guy just throws numbers. Aside from a primed Lando, he may be the best light side DPS.

Basic lvl 4: Phys damage with 65% chance to gain 20% turn meter
    Special lvl 6: Special damage, call an ally to assist. Ally deals 75% more damage. (2 turn cooldown)
    Special lvl 6: Special damage, remove all positive status effects from enemy. When you remove a status effect, all allies get offense up for 2 turns. (3 turn cooldown)
    Leader 4: Jedi allies gain 19 speed.

He's almost always dropping specials and his speed is ridiculous to boot.

Any other characters starting to shine for anyone?

10. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

I'm a couple days from unlocking Vader (4 more Arena shipments and he's mine). I have a feeling he might fit in pretty well with the team I've got going. Between Sidious's AOE and normal attack, Luminara's ability block, and Kylo Ren's normal attack, there a lot of negative status efects that Vader's Culling Blade would really work with. If I'm right, I might switch Dooku out for him. Dooku has been falling behind since his Shard farming has been pretty dry for me. Sidious is 6 star and Luminara is going to be 6 star by tomorrow. Kylo Ren is 49/65 to 5 star. At the rate I'm going, Old Daka will be 5 star before Dooku, and I've had Dooku from the first few days I started playing (and have been farming every day).

Jewmangi likes this.
  11. Jewmangi

Jewmangi Level 37

Vader is legit but getting him up above 4* sounds like a major hassle to me. Maybe he won't need upgrading (shrug)

12. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

Long term, I agree. They would need to make him farmable. Hell, they really need to make a lot more of them farmable. But my Dooku isn't going anywhere fast and I have heard that he's not as good damage-wise at the end of the game as others. Vader would be the same star level, and I've seen him do massive damage with only 4 stars.

I mean I'm looking at Sidious and Luminara being in my final team. Both are great and I'll get them to 7 stars before anyone else. I like Kylo Ren and his Shards drop often enough that he's probably going to be my 3rd 7 star character (way down the road). Everyone else is pretty flexible. I'll keep working on Old Daka, since she's so vital to DS battles. I guess I'll do Phasma after I finish Luminara.

But at the end of the day, I think Vader might be better than Dooku, at least for now. And I have to believe they're going to make him farmable. Maybe something like 1 Shard from the Arena for the normal price of 5. It'll still make him a pain to get, but better than these current achievements.

13. malpka

malpka Level 15

My favourite as of now: Night sister initiate :)
    Was going to do Night sisters form(still do just Daka takes ages and assaj is competing with sid :) ), so quickly grabbed easily available ones. As far as initiate goes never looked back. At lvl 53 (4* 1 piece of equipment missing to lvl 7) this thing have 9878 hp and 981 damage, phys crit rate 181, armor 111, speed 112, for comparision same lvl lumi 5* ( 2 equipment slots less: 10 to all stats and 5 to all stats 5 armor penetration and 20 potency) hp 6329, damage 892, armor 110, phys crit rate 217, speed 112. now thats a 5* against 4* when they were both 4* with the same lvl difference was even more staggering. Now there is no denial that lumi skillset is superior in teamfight, but as far as pure power goes i never seen anything beating initiate 1v1. Pretty much every fight starts 5v4 as anything focused by sid, lumi and initiate is dead right away.
    To demonstrate with team: lvl 50 sid, lvl 50 initiate, lvl 40 talia, lvl 15 erg, lvl 15 FO stormtrooper and some random ally ( random= old daka when available) i autocombated till the end of DS 4 normal.

On the other hand acolyte at 4* seems disapointing so far, still have to try her some more, but as of now not impressed at all.

14. Electricboa

Electricboa Level 26

I have seen one or two people use her, but she never struck me as that useful. Her attacks were pretty low, though she did have a lot of health. I can say that what you have now beats both my Luminara and Sidious 7 stars with maxed gear, health-wise. But in terms of pure damage, they handily beat the Initiates I've come across. It is possible they weren't fully levels and geared up, but I see crits around 3600 for both Luminara and Sidious, plus Sidious has a chance to ignore armor. And that's against full power/level enemies so you can take into consideration their own defenses. It's much higher against lower level and gear opponents.

I do think it might be better in a Nightsister team. I really haven't seen anyone fully commit to a themed team in my top 10. It's all an amalgamation of the 'best' characters. The biggest problem you'd have in PvP with a Nightsister team is substandard healers. Daka and Talia just don't compare to Luminara, Barriss, or even Jedi Consular. Daka has low heals and her revive doesn't seem to work as often as it should. Talia is a suicide healer. I am wondering when they'll throw in Mother Talzin. She could make a Nightsister team viable with the right skillset.

15. Tunevec

Tunevec Level 14

I'd love it if mother Talzin was added.