Base Design & Inspiration!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Commander' started by Revan, Aug 23, 2014.

1. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

Been trying to post a pic of my current base, but I can't seem to since the iOS upgrade, it now says all my screenshots are to large to upload.

2. TPW

TPW Level 54

I've had that issue as well, but also on iOS7. I email the picture to myself and then edit it to a smaller image. Editing with the iPad made the image unusable for uploading for some reason, so I didn't try that again.

3. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

rsz_1photo_sep_22_10_22_30_am.png
    Here's my base so far...I don't think its too bad considering my learning curve.

spacey76 likes this.
  4. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Here's the level 2 stats, dewbacks being upgraded 2 level 3

Screenshot_2014-09-22-20-27-20.png Screenshot_2014-09-22-20-27-35.png

5. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I'd say if you're not putting the vaults and depots behind a wall, put them spread further out, in twos with a turret protecting them. This wastes a lot of time when people use ATSTs. Like in the furthest corners how you did with droid hut. Then maybe put the market and refineries in their place.

skywlkr76 likes this.
  6. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I think it has to do with changing the file type or saving a copy as a different type for editing, such as png to jpg.

This also changes the file size sometimes.

7. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

Thanks. I may try that.

8. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I try going after remote vaults in layouts like that with 2 troops, but vs a rapid fire turret they almost always die.

The factory is great where you have it, but if you get a 2nd one, that is a good thing to put out away from the hq as well. The factory hp is high, so chances are it will not be totally destroyed if it is even noticed at all.

Right now mega-upgrading walls seems like a waste, since they always get breached but only in a small area, yet you have no way of knowing which area. I think I will upgrade turrets first.

I got hit for 94% my first time, since my shield generator wasn't finished. That's another consideration when doing timed upgrades/builds, the building is unusable until completed. I jumped on upgrading my hero mobilization earlier, then realized I can't use it (or the hero I researched) for a couple hours still.

9. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

I have another idea I think I'm going to try, I'll post a pic when I get it set up.

10. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

rsz_photo_sep_23_8_35_41_am.png

Moved the wall and brought the credit vaults under the shield. I'll do the same with the ore depots once I upgrade my HQ and can build some more walls.

11. r2dyu

r2dyu Level 6

Be careful with this setup, whenever I see buildings outside the wall but protected by the shield, I start my attack on that side since it allows me to take down the shield without being in full range of the turrets.

12. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

That's why there are turrets in front and behind the vaults. At this point, I focusing on saving my HQ so I can survive the single player (on Ch 8), once I beat that, I may re-adjust my layout again.

13. ThePangil12

ThePangil12 Level 2

My base layout for lvl 4 hq. I dont have much credits cause im trying to finish campaign 2 but im still at stage 23.
    Any tips or advice?

Attached Files:

Minkee77 likes this.
  14. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Pretty similar to what I have stuck with, though you have a better diversity of turrets.

Screenshot_2014-09-28-02-39-17.png
    I put a few of my resouce vaults and a barracks as remote targets, behind/beside junk/rocks.

Screenshot_2014-09-28-02-39-26.png
    The back of my base Is flush with map edge.

I put shield generators in front and back of HQ more as a way to attract attackers into a crossfire from turrets . I left very few open spaces, and sometimes this slows attackers down so they get shot.

Attached Files:

15. ThePangil12

ThePangil12 Level 2

Nice. I just haven't had much attacks on my base that's why idk what to improve on my base. Plus do you know the easiest way to get credits without using money?

16. Balco

Balco Level 4

Just got level 6 HQ, gave me 2 more turrets, another shield generator and more walls, set up of all turrets with alloy and credits outside walls to lure looters, but the upgraded lvl 5 mortars can pummel any enemy troops that come close. So far it has stopped attackers at no more than 25% and with very little credits and alloy lost. Also placed the transports in one corner, barracks in another and factories in the other corner.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  17. Balco

Balco Level 4

I find that with an imperial base, your turrets should mostly be mortars and perhaps some rapid fire. No rocket launchers necessary because rebels attack with mainly troops: wookies, hero, etc and the mortars can decimate them from distance.

18. Filthy_SinBag

Filthy_SinBag Level 9

Unless we have Xwings..then your done! Off load the Jugg for the shields and then Chewie w/med droid and Xwings for the mortars...after that the wookie hoard comes in with the PF's to mop up the base..BOOM 100% :D

skywlkr76 likes this.
  19. Dalle

Dalle Level 11

Mortars kill med droids real fast so chewie is done within 30 sec. All mortar base seems to be the best now but it is sooo boring.
    I got 4 mortars,4 burst and 4 rocket turrets and I do well in def, rapid fire turrets are useless imo.

20. Filthy_SinBag

Filthy_SinBag Level 9

Yes..I would agree that mortars kill droids fast..but thats why between holding 5 med droids(releasing them as needed not all at once) and X wing support...I dismantle Mortar bases..especially the ones that like to put the mortars so close together...one nicely placed shot from my Xwings and I can take out 2 at a time. I got 6 xwings every time I go out.