Base Design & Inspiration!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Commander' started by Revan, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Revan

Revan Level 19

Might aswell open a new and interesting thread on this forum ^^

Post pics of your Bases here! View other's designs and be inspired to improve/change/re-design your own as well as comment and inquire.

We'll start off with my own:
    image.jpg
    Probably not the best design but I don't think its too bad for only a only level 3 hq,I will update this as I change and add commentary as to what and why I moved things ^^

2. KocTuk

KocTuk Level 2

Hi guys sry for my bad eng. thats my base and stats.
    U can save loot under shield> ur sqad center must stand like that(if enemy attak ur troops inside can get out and help to def u base)
    image.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Apollyon likes this.
  3. KocTuk

KocTuk Level 2

Can i post more pic in one msg? I dont how know sry.

Attached Files:

Apollyon likes this.
  4. Revan

Revan Level 19

Updated base image.jpg
    -All 4 vaults have been surrounded for protection
    -Turret range now covers most buildings, turrets are also close and compact for maximum damage and aid
    -rescource loss is minimized by dispersing them evenly
    -control of the battle through fortifying 2 sides of the base from attack and creating a strong offence to both entrances of the base

I'm getting ridiculously specific and technical but hey I put thought into it, thought I'd share. ^^

Zzak and cwack1 like this.
  5. KocTuk

KocTuk Level 2

Yes u right way :D

6. Revan

Revan Level 19

image.jpg Update base level 4
    -Both, All vaults and turrets covered by shield gen
    -HQ covered by both shield generators
    -resources dispersed evenly to minimize losses
    -turret range covers most buildings
    -turrets are compacted together for maximum damage output

7. Sayers

Sayers Level 8

Looks like an efficient way to defend would be to take a corner and then have your shields close enough to the edge that attackers can't deploy on the sides. I've seen a couple of the big money players do it and it makes sense. Only downside is that it takes at least two shields to pull it off.

Without the shields to stop deployment, the attacker can just deploy on the sides.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  8. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

My base is nowhere near that far along yet. I'm slowly upgrading it as I can without having to spend any real money on it.

9. Dylan Faire

Dylan Faire Level 12

These are all pretty sweet bases

10. Usurper

Usurper Level 4

Base.PNG

Only been playing for a few days. I wasn't liking the lack of coverage with limited walls and turrets so I decided to back my base into the corner and utilize two of the natural walls. This layout allows me to have maximum turret coverage and even some overlap which is nice. I also wanted to maximize protection of resources. I did this layout assuming that enemies spawn on the border and wouldn't be able to behind my base. It turns out that they can but so far it seems they walk along the edge until they can get onto the grid instead of attacking the first thing they see. However I think PvP can only spawn on the grid and that's really my only concern.

Filthy_SinBag likes this.
  11. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 41

That's a pretty good idea. Wish I'd thought of it.

12. Dan the Librarian

Dan the Librarian Level 9

In PvP your enemy would be able to start their attack from the back corner, and their units should start attacking the first building. That is how I was start my attack if I came across you... well I would send my rebel soldiers to the back and my wookiees right next to your turrets.

There is a little boarder outside of the grid that you can drop troops on. If you go into your edit screen you'll see where your grid ends, and then a gap, and then the "slashed" outer edge of the map.

13. Usurper

Usurper Level 4

Thanks for the heads-up! My protection expires in just a few hours..

Dan the Librarian likes this.
  14. Dan the Librarian

At the same time, I'm not sure that everyone else knows this (only the smart people that read this board)!

15. Usurper

Usurper Level 4

I was thinking the same, obviously I didn't know! Risk and reward, it's all part of the game. I'll probably keep a similar layout but buffer those two sides with high HP buildings.

16. Sayers

Sayers Level 8

I haven't tested my theory yet, but I suspect that if you put your shields to the two sides of the corner, the shields would extend past the grid and prevent side deployment. I actually said this earlier in this thread, but maybe I wasn't clear. I'll likely have my shields in a place to try it in another day or so, but it would be cool if someone confirmed or denied that approach.

Zzak likes this.
  17. Dan the Librarian

It sounds like it can work, but you have to make sure they cover it completely (asked a squad mate who has seen this in action).

18. Usurper

Usurper Level 4

image.jpg Another concept I'm toying with: using rocks and junk as extra walls instead of clearing it.

19. knotty

knotty Level 10

Oh man I would pillage that base. Rocks will only be an obstacle for large tanks, by the way.

You are much better off using your walls to fully enclose your highest value buildings. If you don't have enough walls, make deliberate openings for killzones which funnel troops directly into a line of fire.

Your wall pieces may as well not exist to anyone with troops on the level of your defenses there, though. All of your storages and mines are protected by only 2 turrets! Drop in virtually any troop combo from the northwest side and all your loot is taken before they even get 1 star.

20. Usurper

Usurper Level 4

Well dammit! At least it hasn't happened in actuality yet. Maybe I'm trying too hard to think outside the box. All the bases I see look so similar but maybe there's a good reason for that..