Auto B10 Giants Guide! (Mostly Farmable Units!)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Ohshow, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Hey guys, so for the past week I have been working on a lineup that can auto the "NEW" b10 giant with an almost farmable team. Before I get started I want to give credit to @DOMz for finding this video and @Ittadakkimaas for tagging me in it. They inspired me to work on this lineup to make this guide for you guys :)

Here are the reasons why you should make this build...
    1. You can auto b10 giant in 3-4 minutes w/ high success rate
    2. Team is almost fully farmable. The one slot that isn't farmable is definitely the MOST flexible
    3. You need to farm b10 giant to rune up for b10 dragon
    4. 3/5 units only need to be max level 5 stars!

The Team

I've tried multiple builds that actually work, but I will post the lineup that I have had the MOST success with!
    The team was built with these things in mind.
    1. You want to get as close to max resistance (90%+) for your entire team w/ Acasis as leader.
    2. Most of the units need both a 6 star def% and 2x 6 star hp% runes. Build them tanky
    3. Continuous damage is your friend when using a tank team against bosses
    4. Try to find as much def% and hp% sub-stats as possible
    5. Try to reduce the amount of giant's counter attacks by reducing the amount of attacks. DOTs one hit moves are key.

Unit 1 (Lead) - Acasis (Wind Sylphid) 6 stars - I have her skills maxed out. You need her to land her dots, and shield often. Her res leader skill is way too valuable. I've tried replacing her with a wind chimera, but res > hp for giant. The main reason being that the giant has def debuff and this will annihilate the squishier 5 star units if they don't resist it. She is important because she places dots, shields, and occasional heals/cc with her aoe if she is runed with despair. She is probably the most important monster. You should have farmed at least 1 from HOH.

Runes - Despair/Focus hp%/def%/hp% all 6 star lv 12

Stats listed below are NOT the minimum requirements. This is because I do not know what the minimum requirements are for these units to be effective. They are just the approximate stats of my current team. If you are anywhere near it, you should be ok.

Stats
    Hp ~22k
    Atk 1k+
    Def ~1k
    Spd 107
    Crit Rate 29%
    Cri Dmg 69%
    Res 43% (w/o leader skill buff)
    Acc 66%

Unit 2 - Shannon (Wind Pixie) 5 stars - Easy to obtain and skill up, and only need to be at 5 stars. Her buffs are the key to surviving the giant's deadly blows. She can also place slow and glancing hits debuff on the giant as well. All these debuffs really help weaken the giant a lot!

Runes - Swift/Energy hp%/hp%/def% all 6 stars some leveled to 15!

Stats
    Hp ~14.5k
    Atk ~700
    Def ~840
    Spd 143
    Crit Rate 35%
    Cri Dmg 50%
    Res 59% (w/o leader skill buff)
    Acc 40%

Unit 3 - Bernard (Wind Griffon) 5 stars - Easy to obtain and skill up, and only need to be at 5 stars. He aids Shannon by being the key debuffer of this team. He reduces the giant's attack power and defense. He also speed buffs the team. Now for those of you who say that Darion is better, well I've tried both (my darion is at 6 stars) and found Bernard to be the superior choice even at 5 stars and here's why. Bernard receives the resist bonus and his 3rd skill increases the spd and attack bar of all your allies. His 2nd skill reduces the giants atk and def, but in one turn as opposed to darion's 2 separate attacks. Bernard can also get Acasis to put her shield up faster and more often, as well as speeding up everyone else's cooldowns. Sure darion's passive is nice, but the fact that darion doesn't receive resist bonus and just adds more to the boss' counter meter, since he always attacks and his 2nd skill attacks twice.

Runes - Swift/Focus Spd/hp%/hp% all 6 stars at level 12

Stats
    Hp ~ 16k
    Atk ~500
    Def ~770
    Spd 199
    Crit Rate 41%
    Cri Dmg 73%
    Res 36% (w/o leader skill buff)
    Acc 50%

Unit 4 - Rakaja (Wind Yeti) 5 stars - Easy to obtain and skill up, and only need to be at 5 stars. He adds an additional chance of decreasing the giant's speed along with shannon. His heal has a 3 turn cool down and does massive amounts of healing when all 5 of your units are still alive! For those of you saying that Ahman is superior, well I have tried using him as well at 6 stars and found Rakaja to be superior even at 5 stars. Here's why...
    Ahman needs to attack in order to heal, the yeti doesn't! If the ahman gets stunned (and he will b/c most ahman's don't have 90%+ resist) your team is kind of screwed... The yeti does have two moves that attack twice (per attack), which racks up the bosses counter meter faster, but his heal is MUCH better for this dungeon. Ahmans 12% heal cannot absorb the huge damage the giant deals, which leaves you playing the RNG game w/ the violent set... The yeti's heal will almost restore a giant's aoe attack! His heal also has a 3 turn cooldown (maxed out) so he will heal literally every 3 turns, which doesn't add to the giants counter meter. So in the end his double attacks don't kill the team as much as you think...
    Ahman adds minimum of 3 to the giants counter meter every 3 turns (if he doesn't get stunned, if he does you're more screwed anyways). Violent procs can also add up the counter meter...
    Yeti adds 4 to the giants counter meter every 3 turns b/c his heal doesn't add anything to the counter meter
    This in my opinion is worth it b/c his heal + max resist (with acasis) is so much more valuable than ahman's constant small heals.

Runes - Energy/Energy/Guard hp%/def%/hp% The def% rune is 6 star lv 12 and I have 1x 5 star and 1x 6 star hp% runes. The 6 star hp% rune is lv 15 to balance out the lv 12 5 star hp% rune.

Stats
    Hp ~ 16k
    Atk ~500
    Def ~1k
    Spd 120
    Crit Rate 15%
    Cri Dmg 58%
    Res 46% (w/o leader skill buff)
    Acc 17%

Unit 5 - Lushen/Wind Chimera/Wind Dragon - This is where you have the MOST options. The three I have listed are the ones I have tested and have worked really well with Wind Chimera being the best because of his dots and extra tankiness compared to a Lushen. In theory I could see someone using a Julien, Orochi, or any other strong natural 5 star wind monster here. :) You might even be able to use water attack monsters w/ dots if they have enough resistance!

Please post below if you test out different monsters for slot 5 that works... I will try to update this part as I gather feedback and do additional testing with my friend's monsters.

Runes - Just build them to do damage, but adding a 6 star hp% or a def% rune on one of the slots wouldn't hurt. My Lushen is built rage/blade with atk% all around and he was fine. My Chimera is built swift/blade with atk% all around as well and he works wonders!

Conclusion

As you can see I feel like this guide is extremely doable for most end-game players. The way I see it you only need to be lucky with a good monster for the unit 5 slot. You should have farmed a Acasis from HOH and all the other monsters are really easy to come by!

I really hope that this post will help many of you guys (especially F2P player). I also hope that Com2us won't see this and nerf it lol...

If this has helped you, or inspired you in any way please like the post! I spent a good amount of time testing and writing this up, but I don't mind helping out this community and my guild members :)

@YESUL if you feel like this is worthy please feel free to sticky it!

Peace Out!

-EX☆Ohshow

2. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    BTW my team of Acasis, Shannon, Bernard, Yeti, and Chimera has NEVER failed yet... The funny thing is my wind chimera is still lv 5, so I'm basically auto-ing this at close to 100% success rate with 4x 5 star monsters! LOL!!! @KAZUTO111 @Ittadakkimaas your chimeras will be MORE than enough, trust me... :)

KAZUTO111 likes this.
  3. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    If I sticky this, I will delete your Bernard vs Darion post. With both can confuse players and you already explain about Bernard vs Darion in the Bernard section of this post.
    So copy & Paste that thread if you need any content from it, let me know when your done so I can go ahead.

Also, nice guide.

Ohshow likes this.
  4. BrFrPlayer

BrFrPlayer Level 37

I've been messing around by taking my WIP Bernard/Shannon pair into Hydeni Hell and even without runes and at just level 25 I can already see their potential. I plan to go with:

1. Shannon/Bernard (both WIP)
    2. Argen(for RES lead with decent Vamp set)
    3. Swift + Energy Belladeon
    4. Violent + Energy Konamiya.

Kona and Bella are pretty much ready to roll with all skills maxed and Kona is funnily enough one of my tankiest units even with his runes only half done. Plan is for Kona to rack up those hits and take the counterattacks (which I know he can survive as he is usually the last unit standing in my failed runs) while Bella's AI keeps him Mobilizing repeatedly while throwing out the occasional DEF debuff in support of Bernard. Shannon Atk Buff + Def debuff + Deadly Blow = Fun.

5. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    That wind vampire method from earlier should not have changed. If you follow the same build however you achieve it should still work, if anything that method is now guaranteed 100% victory without a doubt.

That was a non-gimmick team from the very start.

6. BrFrPlayer

BrFrPlayer Level 37

Could you remind me of what that was again if it was different from that Argen video that's being circulated on the tube? Thanks in advance.

7. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    The one circulating. You just achieve 40%+ resistance base on all your monsters and even higher if you can, with the wind vamp leader topping it off. The team was argen, bernard, shanon, megan and the final member was dead on the video but if you play an Aoe killer or Darion/Ahman you should have no problem at all.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  8. BrFrPlayer

BrFrPlayer Level 37

Ah. I see. Thanks for that. Now I just have to build them.

9. YESUL

YESUL Moderator

Medals:
    @BrFrPlayer Having the heal from Ahman/water garuda could go a long way for you with this squad.

He's doing this with the setup most people are already running and he was doing it on the previous giant before the current nerfs and changes. It will work, you will need max on Argens skills I don't own him but more damage on his third will only help you more and more. You would opt for Def/HP on your monsters. I don;t know how the new speed will effect you but as long as you 6*, and +12/15 runes you should definitely handle Auto mode without much problem.

I am in the works of a Rush team since I don;t like spending too much time or I got comfortable with my Camules clear time, but I am trying a Lushen, Kat, Megan, Ahman & Darion/Shannon or Chloe squad to rush the boss. I know it is a long shot but hell why not, as long as I am 6* and 15'd Runes what can stop me with that team.

10. KAZUTO111

KAZUTO111 Level 23

Good to hear - I'll need to farm some Rage runes at some point in the future, lol. Nice to know I don't have to 6* anything too.

11. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Go ahead! I was meaning to delete that soon. I redid it so that the guide was in a more organized format.

12. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    Let us know how your rush team goes! Since I have a stable auto team the only thing left for me to work on after I build my auto b10 dragon team is to speed up my giants team! I think I have the potential units for it, but would like to see it done before I commit to anything :)

13. DOMz

DOMz Level 11

currently building my rakaja, bernard and shannon to 5stars, i have a 5 star acasis (not yet awakened, not yet maxed) , my only problem here maybe the premium hitter which is Wind Joker, Chimera, Dragon ( I don't have any of those) maybe i'll try to replace them with my ahman or darion

but right now I'm trying my best to farm good runes at b9.

thanks for the tag @Ohshow

14. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    I think more than a premium damage dealer, you need another person to dot. I haven't tried to replace the damage unit with a darion/ahman, but I don't think ahmans heal and darion's passive will be enough to overcome b10 giant especially if you're trying to run this team with 5 star bernard/yeti/pixie. The thing is that this team can sustain auto for only so long. Even with my Acasis' skills maxed out I will sometimes (rarely) fail if I don't get enough dots on the giant. That's why I replaced Lushen with Chim. He isn't the damage dealer Lushen is but his dots combined with more tankiness does better for this team. I suggest you try an orochi or a tanky unit that dots often with high acc rate.

15. Poff

Poff Level 13

how do u do with stage 1-4? i dont know much about wind chim but without lushen or aoe hitter isnt it hard to deal 1-4 stages?

another question referring the 1st question is about shannon.only 1 despair builded hero and no aoe hero is enough for 1-4 stages?

and another question question: my auto giants fails only when idiot shannon doesnt casts 3rd skill even i cleanse armor debuff with velajuel. 143 spd with swift build without spd rune will be decent but doent a slow shannon without spd rune will be pain? I m thinking to build my shannon to swft + en (spd+hp+def/hp) to compansate the 3rd skill crashes.

what u think?

16. KaitouKID

KaitouKID Level 6

Best place to farm the 6* runes needed for this setup? sorry noob here :)

17. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    1. It's not too hard b/c this team is built with buffs/debuffs so you would be surprised how much damage all these units do to the mob boss. Remember when a 4 star imp could clear the mobs? :)

2. Yes it is enough! I would say that optimally you would want to use a shannon built with despair with spd substats all around. Do not put a spd on slot 2 if you are planning on keeping her 5 stars b/c she will be WAY too squishy. Many people build shannon despair/focus for TOA anyways. I know it may seem weird that only one despair monster with little to no aoe is enough to clear the mobs, but remember that b10 giant's mobs are not on the same league as b10 dragon's mobs. at the same time you need some really nice runes w/ substats to be able to pull this off. You must at least meet the requirements of the 6 star def% and hp% runes on their 2,4,6 for most of these monsters. If not than no this team will not be enough to clear the mobs...

3. That's why you have to build a SPEEDY griffon instead :) He takes care of slow shannons, but don't put a spd rune on shannon on slot 2... She is WAY TOO squishy at lv 5 to do this imo. Griffon is able to absorb a speed rune b/c he's actually one of the tankiest monsters in the game.

Poff likes this.
  18. Ohshow

Ohshow Level 21

Medals:
    The shop. Prob the only place you can find 6 star runes until you can do high level giants... From what I know I think you MIGHT be able to get 6 star rune starting B6 giant, but correct me if I'm wrong. I really wouldn't count on this though b/c the chance of getting a 6 star rune from b6 is SO rare and the chance that a 6 star rune drops and has a def%/hp% for the exact slots you need and the correct rune type is WAY too rare... I would try to do b8 and up.

19. victor zhang

victor zhang Level 13

What runes should I build for Argen to run Giants B10?

20. Mushbeard

Mushbeard Level 22

The runes in the video are Vamp + Endure.