ATTENTION ALL - Trade Thread Guidelines Draft 2 - LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK

Discussion in 'Trade' started by King Andrew 1st, Feb 24, 2015.

1. RainBuckets

RainBuckets Level 54

Medals:
    Can't hurt to try! :)

King Andrew 1st likes this.
  2. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

yeah, it will always be an issue. hopefully if it is there then some people will at least follow it.

3. fastat3m

fastat3m Level 19

Also, if people are spamming, we have a link that we can send them so that they can read instead of having to explain it.

4. Angry Adult

Angry Adult Level 41

Is it appropriate to post a link to this when people post poorly?

5. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

i think that if you do make any comment on someones thread it should always be via pm. if something is just poorly put together or in the wrong place then linking them to this would probably help them out, especially new members.

Angry Adult likes this.
  6. The Dismal Scientist

The Dismal Scientist Level 17

I disagree. By doing it in thread it advertises appropriate etiquette to more than just the original poster. Without it, it seems more acceptable to ignore these (completely reasonable) guidelines.

7. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

ok, yeah that makes sense. just as long as it is done in a constructive way. i wouldnt want people to get a lack of trades because people bad mouth them in the replies.

8. Angry Adult

Angry Adult Level 41

I'd love to get that constructive wording here too. I often see things where the user has posted inappropriately and I don't mind sending people here so they know the difference... I generally don't have the best tact though, so any help figuring out a common language would be nice.

9. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

i dont know, lol. it depends on the situation i think. normally i would go with: "Hey man, I recommend checking this thread out. It could help you get a load more trades! :)"

I would say to always stick a smiley face in or something like that because that makes it more obvious that you are being friendly and trying to help.

10. The Dismal Scientist

The Dismal Scientist Level 17

To improve the trading experience for all, please consult these guidelines when determining the best trading section to post your trade offer.

11. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

i would personally be more informal to try and come across as more friendly and helpful.

12. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

King Andrew, I like what you're attempting. Just a couple comments. For trade I see no reason you need to have a specific list of cards you are looking for here. I often find myself without a clear project on the horizon, or with so many little ones, that it's impractical to have a full list of everything you're willing to take. I believe this sub-forum, should be for trade lists, unless a seperate sub-forum is created for the purpose of long term-trade lists. What you have described there seems to fit more of a "this for that." I like the idea of a tradelist sub-forum, to unclutter the more rapidly shifting "For trade" section.

13. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

I feel like you have missunderstood my point lol. i was pretty much trying to say dont post a this for that thread in for trade. i was trying explain how for trade should not be used if there are very few cards you would trade for (by this i mean you only want a few specific cards and will not trade for anything else).

i will try to make changes to make it clearer.

:)

14. siddus

siddus Level 30

Come across many occurrences of this not being adhered to, some of which are repeat offenders who post in every sub-forum for the same trade/card(s).

i.e.
    In the FT Forum: "FT: My card(s)"
    In the This for That: "This card(s) That offer"
    In the LF Forum: "LF: your offer on my card(s)"

These repeat offenders know what they are doing and it's really pissing me off. Simply pointing them back to this thread will do nothing because they are deliberately trying to subvert the system. We should be able to give negative feedback, or request a moderator to close/move the thread and give them a warning.
    Thoughts, mods?

Also, does anyone else think it is an issue that the first page in each sub-forum is populated by those who have the time to simply post "bump/up/etc" every 10 minutes. Would it be possible to prevent this somehow? At the end of the day, it is the desperation to be on page 1 that drives users to subvert the rules in the manner above so this could perhaps aid things. Or would those simply bumping every couple of minutes just flood the forums with new threads? I don't know. Discuss.

*Edit*
    Would it perhaps be possible to limit users to 1 thread per sub-forum. It may make things a tad restrictive, but do we really need to dedicate separate threads to different cards that we're trying to trade for/with?

15. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

yeah i agree that there should be a way for the guys deliberately and repeatedly putting threads in the wrong forums to get punished.

maybe making the default search order set to most recent thread created rather than most recent message would reduce the bumps but that wouldnt remove them entirely. a bump button could also work if it is restricted to once an hour or once every 2 hours or something like that.

I dont think limiting to one thread per sub-forum would be great, maybe a limit of 1 to creating a new post per sub forum per day would work better because this gets really annoying. I dont normally call people out but this is rediculous, just make a single tradelist with them all on:
    [​IMG]

Thatguynobodyknows likes this.
  16. Thatguynobodyknows

Thatguynobodyknows Level 35

I set mine to most recent thread created just now.

17. Indibil

Indibil Level 30

I'm sure that the use of 'Grammer' in the first tip is ironical and intentional.

Yeah, I know. A non-native english speaker acting as grammar police, funny as it gets.

18. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

i always make that mistake lol :(

19. Thatguynobodyknows

Thatguynobodyknows Level 35

You should have kept it how it was. lol.

20. King Andrew 1st

King Andrew 1st Level 42

Another thing i find very annoying is how this for that just gets filled with ridiculous trades like this jabba that old maul or something stupid like that.