Attempt at a Community Orriented Value Guide. Interested?

Discussion in 'General' started by hammy~the~hamsta, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Space

Space Level 37

They are not wrong but they all look at money transactions. Trade wise there is more variety and probably more inflation in the higher teirs vs lower.

Cheese Toasties likes this.
  2. Cheese Toasties

Cheese Toasties Level 43

Medals:
    Hate to say it but the guide that shall not be named, has put lots (or at least once) of time into the lower end of the card value. There are values in there that are pretty bad, but whereas UG/Hutt/Savage all pay vary little/no attention to the lower end. This is partly by design. If you're running up to date values based on auctions, there has to be some kind of demand there in the first place.

If I auctioned off a base ani pad, would anyone bid? When was the last time anyone had any data on this? I think this is the main failing of the data point guides is that for the lower end, there hasn't been any data for ages. Also if making a trading guide, it's difficult to come up with a base value.

One of the pros (and there were obviously cons as well) of Mr @bmanhk guide was that there was an in game currency (remote value) which was used across the board. This meant that the 'value' wasn't necessarily linked to any one card. At the moment, we use 'points' which isn't a bad way of doing it too. It's a shame we can't link it with a remote value. I'm not sure it would be possible either but not run the numbers (if Mr @bmanhk is still around it would be interesting to seeing if he has any input in this as I'm sure he's looked at this in some detail) I'm not sure remote value scales in a linear fashion.

I think for the low end, an open collective of AI users could bring about sensible values of lower end cards, there shouldn't be flaming from other guides either as they don't care/aren't able to accurately represent the lower end cards in the first place. It would bring real value for beginners as well as people coming back.

I found after about nine months out of the game that many of the 'mid tier' cards had become 'trash' cards as there was nothing to keep everything in line due to neglect of the lower end cards, but actually, a lot of the cards are fairly relevant up till PG 11-12 as Mr @Blecco said.

When I came back about a month ago, I felt so out of touch with values -_- so many new cards as well! I found trading hard, so decided to reopen the shop with values taken from various shops on AI as well as tweaking some values that I think were a bit off. This helped bring me back up to speed quite a bit, but I do think that there is a bit of an issue with the low end again...

I think there could be resistance in some shops due to possible loss of value of stock (maybe) maybe some increase in stock even. Will be interesting to see where this takes us :)

Sorry for the ramble..

skywlkr76 and hammy~the~hamsta like this.
  3. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

And the pro is maybe ill get a little list maker medal like you have :p:hilarious:

In answer to some other posts and kinda supplementing what you said here,
    The hutts/other rmt guides are using dollar values (I'm just gonna call it what it is)
    As Cheese mentioned there isn't much dollar action on ani pad etc, especially after the rotb changes. But they still have to have some value, don't they? And they still are lower than the other cards that they may have been equal with before the market was screwed by rotb. In addition there are cards like mothma that in dollar value tend to go kinda high but are so hard to trade in game. AS mentioned before, there are differences between trade and dollar values. Its just the problem of how to represent those values without just spewing numbers (I'm looking at you swfcscamguide) In a way it could be done with no real value set to that number, like the list is set up now, but that means you are gonna have to keep it updated and get a wide array of opinions to make sure no manipulation, errors, etc are found in the guide. Id like to make this a credible and helpful list. Another thing id like to add is @MovOp s idea about possibly tracking cards that may fall. In a way like scamguides hotness multiplier, that makes no sense... Wouldn't affect their value at all, just predict trends. This would of course have to be monitored carefully so not sure how that would end.

MovOp, Space and Cheese Toasties like this.
  4. Cheese Toasties

Cheese Toasties Level 43

Medals:
    **immediately reduces mon mothma currency**

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  5. hammy~the~hamsta

6. hammy~the~hamsta

Also any formatting tips or other ideas for what else I should introduce the list with on that thread would be appreciated. I don't know what all to put on there.

7. sambuca

sambuca Level 11

Another thing, the 1000 force points 5*s should be lower on all lists. I've been in deals where they were counted as 0.5 Hutt value, and demand for them altogether seems much lower. They're just as useful as any of them ever we're, it's just supply so outweighs demand at this point. Random thought.

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  8. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

UG & Savage are so outside the loop, they've become rollercoaster-airborn... Chutt, is a self-serve douchebag who likes making bank, and REALLY likes to know that he's put UG & Savage on notice.

When it comes down to the knitty-gritty, by the time the lists change, you've been fleeced. So...

9. hammy~the~hamsta

Ya know what we really need? animals list of OP. Or red's guide of market manipulation

MovOp likes this.
  10. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

And the pro is maybe ill get a little list maker medal like you have :p:hilarious:

Yeah... no... Dannik loves everyone, but hates me & you

11. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

Sry, that first line was a quote

12. hammy~the~hamsta

Ikr... we shouldve both gotten every medal in the books by now... I call a bias against hamsters and GQs!!!
    Sigh... you can't retire, ai will be losing one very sensible poster... (only 4 improperly used ellipses, im getting better!)

GQ79 and Frederick Smith like this.
  13. Darth Plagues

Darth Plagues Level 22

I like it..I always use shop values. I think its a good idea..give it a go to see where it goes :)