Attempt at a Community Orriented Value Guide. Interested?

Discussion in 'General' started by hammy~the~hamsta, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Bull Pence

Bull Pence Level 37

Go for it. It will give us something new to bitch about. Lol

2. Cheese Toasties

Cheese Toasties Level 43

Medals:
    Thanks Mr @Bull Pence :)

Mr @hammy~the~hamsta go for it if you have the time :) You've given a lot to the community already and this would really help out alot of people whether in AI or not. If a few of us are all able to help out, I'm sure we can get something decent out that may reach out beyond the community itself. I would love for a universally produced, AI community driven value list to exist and be published regularly.

It may even help bring people back to using AI, especially if the lower value card values are well thought out.

Bull Pence and hammy~the~hamsta like this.
  3. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

Ohhhhhh never been the center of a flame war b4, this could be fun

Bull Pence likes this.
  4. Wampas

Wampas Level 29

I use my own value guide.

Your cards: 1
    My cards: 2

I used to utilized the community one that @Cheese Toasties put together solely, because I generally only trade on AI... in game trading is usually miserable. I'm all for it!

Bull Pence and hammy~the~hamsta like this.
  5. hammy~the~hamsta

hmmm i like that guide. Screw this one.

Wampas likes this.
  6. Wampas

Wampas Level 29

I view other guides as having a 'guilt' bonus added to them for how much $$ they spend to acquire the card. Time for Hammy to bring some love back to the lower-tier cards!

7. Space

Space Level 37

I find shops miss represent a few cards

EOR just to name one.

But ya I'd be on board in helping to restart it. I mean like the previous one it was a collective opinion thing with a few hard data points thrown in to justify opinions. But lets be clear it was never about how useful a card is but rather what could you reasonably expect to get for it in a trade.

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  8. sambuca

sambuca Level 11

If you're going to go so far as to figure out the low 5*s, then you also have to figure out supports and "rare" 3*s (even though most aren't nearly as rare as they once were). Also 8/15 2* skill cards. Lol. But I like the idea, especially as somebody who plays this without the use of Line

9. Space

Space Level 37

"Have to figure"

The issue with the 3* is that so few get traded and they are novelty only so the value on that can't really be quantified. The support is a different beast. I suppose they have been out there for a while now but each has had a different availability, except for the new ones (which are almost at QGJ FD level right now per base) they don't trade hands too much. Shop prices are the only real attempt on these (check in the shop section of AI).

10. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

Yup. Hence the avatar ;) Good luck with this, and I mean that sincerely. You're one of a very few people I think the community could trust to be a truly unbiased purveyor of current valuations.

(Whim is a word btw) :p

11. smutpedler

smutpedler Level 32

I like the idea. The list makers have traditionally been people out to manipulate the market or just get some attention and loose interest when they get less attention. A community driven value list is obviously less open to those classic abuses. Frankly I have neither the time nor the inclination to be of much help (and I'm quite out of touch with the top end meta game now) but I wish you luck on your endeavour.

12. Minty

Minty Level 42

Medals:
    always hard to pin down the true trading value of cards, and not sure taking the average of already existing lists can work as an idea (as some people have already said they have there own problems, and they wont be brought out just by putting them all together).
    The biggest problem with stuff like this is numbers really, numbers of players who can input data. In late 2016 there were 44 million accounts in SWFC, ok some people have a lot of alts, I know someone with 35 accounts, but that isn't the norm (i'm also aware of dormant accounts), so lets say the norm might be 10 alts (i feel this is more than the norm, but would rather play safe with the numbers), that's 4.4 million players from across the whole world.
    Each one of those players trades to there own standards, and own values, and if we are to get close to a true trading value of any card we would need at least 10% (personally i'd want 35%, but once again i'm trying to be realistic)...~440,000...of the SWFC community to get involved.

It's not an impossible dream, but damn hard.
    Good luck

13. hammy~the~hamsta

But.. you aren't allowed to retire.

I think i'll go forward with this, probably make another thread sometime soon, ill give some of yall tags if you want to in put on it.
    It can't hurt and if it backfires or starts having issues I, as I mentioned previously, have no problem taking it down.
    Now this leads to the question, should I take value polls by making separate poll posts like cheese toasties did, or should I ask on the thread?

MovOp and GQ79 like this.
  14. Hangin & Bangin

Hangin & Bangin Level 18

I'm trying to understand the differences in the prices. So if you want a base Baze in a shop you need 400 old Lukes but on Hutt guide you only need 32 old lukes? that's a big difference in values.

Cheese Toasties likes this.
  15. hammy~the~hamsta

Its essentially there because of the inflation between high tiers and low tiers. It is a rather large difference and id have to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. All part of the feedback that would be taken.

16. Blecco

Blecco Level 22

I like this, I'll trade your Hux CT for my 2x old GMT.

Wampas likes this.
  17. Wampas

Wampas Level 29

Deal. Then after, my 2x GMT for your 4x Hux[CT].

18. Jais K

Jais K Level 19

I like this idea. I think its brilliant.

Where does the UG go wrong?
    Where does Hutt go wrong?
    Where does Savage go wrong?

Looking for real thoughtful response rather than the typical knee jerk reaction.

Thanks

19. Blecco

Blecco Level 22

Sure, let me just Oracal my way to other 3 hux ct and it's a deal.

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  20. Blecco

Blecco Level 22

I'll answer for the Hutt (I don't use the others much):
    his low tier is half of the cards, and they are all at 1, but there are A LOT of low tier that are worth way more than that, and that are useful.
    Most of my formation was on the "shitty tier" of the hutt list, but I still was in PG 11. Low tier, sure, not useless tier tho.

Cheese Toasties likes this.