Attempt at a Community Orriented Value Guide. Interested?

Discussion in 'General' started by hammy~the~hamsta, Mar 22, 2017.

1. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 59

So with @Cheese Toasties Community value guide being out of commission I figured placing this before the community wouldn't hurt. I have also been requested to make a value guide using shop format by my legion mates for a long time, seeing as the low tiers especially get messy on a rmt guide.
    Now an obvious problem would be "Where are you getting your values?" Well that's where the community part comes in. I think we can agree there is a basic structure to where cards are in a ranked list, but how far apart are they? How do they move etc? How are they placed in relation to each other. You, the community, will answer these questions. This is and will be a weak spot in any guide based on opinions and no real value (i.e. swfcscamguide) To eliminate that possibility of market manipulation etc you need lots of value opinions coming from different people (another issue with swfcscamguide, all one legion) Another question is raised: Why not just use the shops? Or why have this at all? Huttsguide and UGM are perfectly fine. As mentioned previously they are slightly weak down low, and hopefully this will shed some light on lower tiers as well as placement within tiers on huts. Also shops have all their own values and they change depending on the owner's whim. (is that actually a word?) In addition this will make a nice guide to use for an auction (though yes shops work for that this may end up more agreed upon and successful, who knows)
    So I lay before the community the idea of a second community guide. If ya'll don't want it then i'll gladly shut the operation down, I have no personal interest in this especially seeing as I don't even trade anymore really, just an idea as a potentially helpful tool.
    Below is my list I used in my shop, currently edited by me but structured off the one used by @Jason Richards and some guy on line I don't know (given to me by @Bull Pence)
    The list is slightly out of date missing some cards. If this would be something yall are interested in let me know and we can get to work structuring the guide accordingly. As a side note if this is made @Darth Glaxus has volunteered to make it in to a bot on the app kik (you would type in a card and get its value possibly other cards close to the card and a description possibly.) Just a fun little option.
    So here is the skeleton out of date guide I have.
    If you want to help this and thinks its a good idea let me know either way and we can get to work
    Baze

Inquisitor

Chirrut

QGJ FD

Death Trooper
    Cad Bane [Steeled Killer]

General Hux [Cal Tech]
    Queen Amidala
    Shaak TG
    New vader dark overseer

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
    Old Rey
    Luke JiT

Chewy ahr
    Asaji
    C2-B5
    Kanan

Kylo old
    Sabine

Vader SOF
    Shadow trooper

Ahsoka
    Thrawn
    Ahoska WP

Storm trooper
    Jjbgs
    Jyn

DOOKU DC
    krennic
    Mothma
    GG ak

Ben jih
    C3 gg
    Savage
    Rey sb

Han Solo [Heroic Smuggler]
    Bb8

Kylo Dark Prodigy
    General Organa
    Ki adi Mundi
    AWP

Boss K LH
    Maz Kanata
    Finn
    Boba Loy
    cassian

Princess Leia
    Mace old
    Darth Sid old

Obi jm
    Ani [Jg]
    Darth bane

Phasma
    Wicket
    Mace ajb
    Luke mod
    ggls
    Pre Viz

Master Yoda Doe
    Kylo [Starkiller]
    Maul [Mr]
    Cc Rex p2
    Vader HMB
    Leia [Sniper]
    Zam Wessel

Rako
    Plo
    Yoda [AL]
    Black wookie
    vader ta
    wedge

Lando cm

General Hux [Old]
    Fn nines
    Yoda gm

Ani tfo
    Darth Vader dark usurper
    Vader tpc
    Vader [cc]
    Qui gon TFD
    Leia ats

DOOKU OLD
    YODA EOD
    Han [old]
    pad rs
    Ani tco
    Maul Rots

Aayla Secura
    Boba [Trh]
    CC Rex Old
    General Veers
    Han sfh
    Luke hte
    jango tow
    Cad Old
    Mace Mov (boosted for OPness)

Aurra [Hg]
    Ackbar old
    Boba [DFH]
    CC Appo
    Gg [Old]
    Luke jk
    Lumi
    obi loto
    Jabba cl

Anakin [Rod]
    Ani [DW]
    Dooku eor
    General Kalani
    Gg [Tae]
    Sebulba
    Shaak ti
    Quinlan Vos
    Yoda [Rg]
    Vader [GT]
    Obi vc
    Gmt old

Ackbar [iat]
    Barriss [FJ]
    Ben Kenobi
    CC Thire
    Chewy hok
    Chewie [Ww]
    Magnaguard
    Obi pad (NOT ACCEPTING)
    Sid [Ra]
    Vader [Moe]

4* Rey

4* Han dd
    Bossk
    Cody LS
    Droideka
    Erg
    Kit Fisto
    Leia [Sc]
    Obi [Rg]
    Sid [sd]
    Old vader
    Saber
    Old jango
    Old boba
    Old chewy

Old aurra
    Dooku sl
    Jjb
    Chairpalp
    Ani pad
    Pad saw
    Old jabba
    Old qgj
    Old Luke
    Maul ass
    Old maul
    Sen palp
    Nute
    Old lando
    R2 (full)
    Dengar
    Dooku [DL]
    Han [QD]
    Padme[Ft]
    Pong Krell
    Rancor
    Tarkin [Tm]
    jabba old

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. hammy~the~hamsta

GQ79, Dannik Jerikko and Darth Glaxus like this.
  3. TheNatural14

TheNatural14 Level 42

Despite what people may feel or say, I think most guides are geared towards helping people. Having said that, I don't trust one individually, but them all as a collective. I can share with Google Drive later, but here is a sample of what I do. I take all guides (Hutt, Savage, Shops) and normalize them on a 100 point scale. I then take the average.

What you have to remember in the deepest part of yourself is there is a HUGE difference between trade value, auction value and cash value. If you look at Baze in shops that have a cash option, the cards are WAY over priced, but people will still trade them because a FTP player is willing to throw more a card they need so they can stay FTP. Here is a SS of what I do.

upload_2017-3-22_13-26-26.png

4. Jais K

Jais K Level 19

I like the average. Its the most useful way to deal with every one and all guides.

5. hammy~the~hamsta

That's something that could be worked with... Would you be interested in to actually making that in to a guide format?

6. TheNatural14

TheNatural14 Level 42

And have people flame me for creating a guide?! Hard pass lol

Ill work this week on making it available on google docs. I have another guide or two I use that I need to incorporate first

7. hammy~the~hamsta

What? Why would you pass that up!? I for one love flame wars.
    Anyway would something like that need manual updating or is it linked in some way to where when the guide is updated the spreadsheet is also updated?

Dannik Jerikko likes this.
  8. jonathanamandap

jonathanamandap Level 18

I've always wanted to do something like this, but I always let laziness take control. Impressive.

Side Note: It appears in the screenshot that Savage column is normalizing off of Inquisitor rather than Baze, other than for Baze.

9. Ihavethehighground

Ihavethehighground Level 24

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  10. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

You should just start a shop or something.

I bet people would use it.

11. Bull Pence

Bull Pence Level 37

I like the idea of an average but you're essentially passing off others hard work as your own. Some people may not care for that. Lol.

If you make a guide, I'd love to see something more reflective of in game trading rather than auctions. Auctions tend to be heavily biased depending on the room and who's in it.

12. TheNatural14

TheNatural14 Level 42

If you follow the cash guides, auctions don't go as crazy as you think. That is why I incorporated them.

I would never take credit for any elses work. This is a way I have made to use their work for my own personal use. I respect the effort everyone takes, so I feel their has to be a layer of truth underneath it all.

It is manually updated. I have gotten my ass kicked at work recently so it hasn't been updated in a couple weeks, but I don't mind giving it a shot tomorow.

13. Bull Pence

Bull Pence Level 37

I wasn't referring to your private use of the other guides. I think that's a great idea. I was only cautioning @hammy~the~hamsta incase he decided to use it as a community guide. You're good with how you do it.

14. MovOp

MovOp Level 23

I like it;)
    But for real, I like the idea of a community based value guide. As long as it doesn't turn into A9's;)!!!
    Question: was this based off shop value guides? If so, good choice. Those values seem just a tad more accurate of values.

15. hammy~the~hamsta

Yes, shop values. (If u read whole thing i said that ;)
    right now i dont think there's enough demand to do something like this, was just fishing

Cheese Toasties likes this.
  16. MovOp

MovOp Level 23

However, one thing I wish was added to all guides are cards highlighted in red or orange to show cards that are expected to drop in value. And cards in green that are of good value and expected to stay the same, if not dip just a bit. That way players (like me:) ) know cards to stay away from.
    Just an idea

17. Cheese Toasties

Cheese Toasties Level 43

Medals:
    Good job @hammy~the~hamsta :)

I'm sure we will all try to help. Everyone will likely tweak it for their own use a little. I wish I had the time to carry on from before, but little one is taking up a fair bit of time :D

As you said, the main crux of it, is in game trading can be quite different from rmt. I'm not sure there are many or any rm auctions of any 10 value or below base cards, so it would be good to have something well thought out.

Good luck! :)

Edit: Also, for an even more up to the minute list, I found 24 hour card auction values tend to be very insightful, maybe even more so than shops.

18. Cheese Toasties

Cheese Toasties Level 43

Medals:
    For the low end (10 or below) I had at one point thought of a structure of upgrades so start with QFJ/Ani Pad ->Obi pad -> Yoda Sabre -> TCO -> EoD and have everything step up in value like that.

Can do the same for similar type cards at the low end of the scale.

I like the idea of Mr @MovOp with indicators, as this would help out a lot of people who may be interested in the guides and especially people just coming back into the game. Though obviously will take up more time :) would be a great addition!

19. Bull Pence

Bull Pence Level 37

It's good to see you floating around again @Cheese Toasties the community is better when you're apart of it.

20. hammy~the~hamsta

So worth it to try this as is? Yes/ no? Don't wanna waste too much time for a bad idea lol