[Advisory] Challenge Arena

Discussion in 'Arena' started by Talukita, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Talukita

Talukita Moderator

Medals:
    Greetings Summoners!

After an extensive review and careful consideration of player feedback, we have decided to put the Challenge Arena temporarily on closure starting the 18th of April, 2016 at 23:59 PST. Although the Challenge Arena will become inaccessible from the Arena menu, other similar features such as the Arena and Colosseum will still be available.
    [​IMG]

This decision was made so that we can address existing issues identified within the Challenge Arena which have been affecting the player experience provided by this particular feature. These issues include the following:

Long Time Investment
    • One of the major issues identified is the amount of dedicated time required to remain competitive, especially during the first few weeks of a new season. We are currently reviewing a system that could help reduce the amount of time usually invested, while at the same time, encouraging competition amongst players.
    Strict Rewards System
    • Another issue identified is that some players may still miss out on exclusive seasonal rewards, regardless of the great amount of time and effort they have invested during a particular season. We would like players to be rewarded reciprocally for all the time they have invested and for their performance during each season. We would also like to ensure that all players’ efforts, throughout every season, are taken into account as well.
    Lack of Squad Strategy Diversity
    • It has come to our attention that Squad strategies have not been as diverse as we had initially hoped, and thus moving forward, we would like to steer the Challenge Arena towards a way in which players can plan and devise many different Squad formations.
    We want to ensure that the above, as well as other issues involved, are properly addressed so that the Challenge Arena function can return stronger than ever. And as always, we would like to thank all players for their continuous support of our Global Exclusive Features.
    [​IMG]

In lieu of the temporary closure of the Challenge Arena, we will be doing the following:
    1. Rainbow Summon will opened from April 18, 0:00 PST to Apr 24 23:59 PST.
    2. Greatly increase rates up for Kurewa and Kuraginn.
    3. Please be informed that Challenge Arena Shop will be unavailable during CA closure. For the meantime, we are introducing the following items in Challenge Arena Shop until its closure on April 18 PST:
      • Elemental Mecha God (25000 gold coins)
      • Legend Stone (10000 silver coins)
    [​IMG]

To ensure that the new changes made to the Challenge Arena provide an enhanced experience for our players, we will be releasing regular developer updates, as well as gathering player feedback through various community events.

Please stay tuned to our official channels for more updates and details about the exciting new changes awaiting the Challenge Arena. We are sure that players will enjoy what we have planned for them! Thank you all for your gracious understanding and undying support.

2. Talukita

Talukita Moderator

Medals:
    Also....

[​IMG]

._.

3. DPShiro

DPShiro Level 42

Yes! No more stressful seasons?!

Force closing will probably be fixed, so time spent will be drastically lowered.

Also should we spend the coins or save them?
    Will they be saved?

4. Talukita

Talukita Moderator

Medals:
    Just spend them, they are having massive discount right now >.>

Though tbh, I fear it can take a "long" time to return or even gone permanently. I mean... I haven't bought stuffs for almost a year now due to CA supply :chicken:

5. DPShiro

DPShiro Level 42

I would not miss it at all, just the sweet spheres and they can make them available elsewhere.
    Long term it's better for the game, seeing as people don't spend as much while doing CA.

6. GentlemanLoser

GentlemanLoser Level 42

WooT!

Bye bye CA. :)

7. Talukita

Talukita Moderator

Medals:
    Kinda

Think about it again though, it took them a lot of time and effort to create CA since it is original so probably not a permanent closure

So maybe just a revamp, some major things that come to mind
    • Reward system
    • Force closed (duh)
    • Perhaps some ways to restrict Randolph lead spam
    • New system for OFS
    • Maybe some ways to limit access to CA to reduce grinding
    etc etc

8. Admiral Kappa

Admiral Kappa Level 29

Man its like "oh crap the omni starter completely breaks CA, lets close CA"
    Like.... SP is probably compatible with CA, which could result in a shenanigans when Cyrus comes, or Atro attacking the entire team. Theres also the whole "starters havve 150% ATK, 60% HP, and extra effect". I mean we feared Hadaron and he's only 140% ATK or something

Not complaining though

9. Tyler durden

Tyler durden Level 21

expect the daily gem and weekly ticket, this was not a funny part of the game at all. As a f2p player, this was a gold mine for me tho. With summer comming and all, won't cry a bit about this one.

10. OkamiFury

OkamiFury Level 60

Medals:
    They have to update the teams anyways, we had teams before avant batch.

Despite Collo being more cancer, it was fun because we're limited so we craved more, but CA had no limit so we burnt out more quickly so i'm really hoping gumi makes something similar, but not have that much freedom.

HPX likes this.
  11. banditco

banditco Level 14

And to think this is the first time ever where i've been legendary rank. oh well, might as well grind this one week out and be done with it.

adios CA

12. DPShiro

DPShiro Level 42

So if the Revives is only 1 silver each, this pretty much means they won't be used after the revamp right?

I mean we could buy several hundred thousands of them now

13. Lillian Rose

Lillian Rose Level 26

Lol, just when I wanted to start playing CA seriously now this happens. Cheers!

EndlessEnigma likes this.
  14. Talukita

Talukita Moderator

Medals:
    Also, time to spam a bit gems to Arena perhaps

Gather your best heroes and prepare to battle it out with your fellow Summoners as x2 Arena Battle Points (ABP) will be up from April 16, 0:00 PST until April 22, 23:59 PST (April 16, 1:00 PDT - April 23, 0:59 PDT) with x2 Colosseum Battle Points (CBP) being extended until April 22, 23:59 PST (April 23, 0:59 PDT).

OkamiFury likes this.
  15. Jcar

Jcar Level 60

Medals:
    Advisory for fixing the JUNO ISSUE! UGH FIX IT ALREADY

OkamiFury and HPX like this.
  16. Tyler durden

Tyler durden Level 21

and still can enter colloseum, send a ticket and they know there is a bug but still do x2 point, i'm i the only one who can't enter?

17. Jcar

Jcar Level 60

Medals:
    Wrong.

HPX likes this.