A Beginners Guide.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Assault Team' started by Revan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

I am curious why the low level training and promotion missions are always available, but the Credit Run is 1 day/wk.

I thought maybe beating them all on Tier 3 (gold) would unlock something new, but it did not. And playing the same special mission repeatedly, the difficulty increases.

I guess it is an indirect way to influence the use of gems, in this case for extending inventory space.

2. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Now I'm seeing how low tier promo missions can be used to get credits.

I was adding the un-needed promo items for leveling, but that is costly (credit-wise) compared to selling them and using the credits for affinity/sequential tier training.

3. zaslayer

zaslayer Level 4

I think an important thing I learned for levelling up fastest is using 5 training items of the same type and different level. Say you use five force training, a level 1,2,3,4 and 5 you will get a massive training bonus. Works the same for a set of 4 of the same type and set of 3.

4. Pulch

Pulch Guest

Something I noticed beyond the 3,4,5 card straights is adding in extra T3, T4 or better heros to have a giant multiplier! I think 5-6k xp

5. badger

badger Level 3

What is the energy limit? I have leveled up 3 times to level 18 and energy has not changed from a max of 21?
    Is 21 the max? Seems low!

6. TheKraken

TheKraken Level 15

I'm Rank 21 with max 22 energy, so you can go up by 1 at least.

7. Pulch

Pulch Level 3

Just wanted to share screen shot of using hero with 4 items same tier different affinity. Also note that I did put in some xp into that hero but it became multiplied as well! :) image.jpg image.jpg

8. Dr. Strange

Dr. Strange Level 19

Cool. What does it look like without the Rodian?

9. Hirnprince

Hirnprince Level 8

Five Tier 3 training items will give you around 1350 experience, so in his example the Rodian is mainly pushing the experience.

Dr. Strange likes this.
  10. cartsman

cartsman Guest

Some other tips I'd add:
    - I'd only bother spending free gems on 2 things: boosting your capacity to store items (handy for stockpiling training items and promo items that you'll need later) and buying the Tier 5 promotion items that are otherwise only available in crates. By my reckoning there are ~100 free gems on offer through story missions and ranking upgrades, and the promotion items cost 20 gems each, so you should be able to get at least 3-4 of the main characters to Tier 5 without the time, expense or luck factor involved in buying crates
    - Focus your items and credits on no more than about 6 heroes initially. You can only play 4 at a time, so much better to have a handful of strong heroes than a big pool of mediocre ones
    - If you go into the Arena too early, you might have some fun, but you're unlikely to gain much bounty as you won't be strong enough to win more than 1 battle at a time, and anything you do win is highly likely to get taken back off you in revenge attacks. Unless you have the money to just buy some platinum crates and build an instant Tier 4 team, I'd suggest learning the ropes on the story and training/promo missions first and then only getting into the Arena when you have a Tier 4/5 team and can kick some ass

Battle tactics
    - The computer nearly always attacks whichever of your heroes played last. You can use this to your advantage in terms of who you target and when to deploy powers such as healing, shielding, or drawing fire. E.g. if it's your turn and you have a probot, you don't have the attack power to kill the enemy's next hero, and that hero has a big energy attack, you're better off putting your shield up than attacking anybody. Only exceptions I've noticed to this rule is that Tuskens always attack Han if he's playing or Leia if he's not, and that certain powers can only target certain types of player e.g. you can't poison a droid, so the computer will pick a different target then
    - The computer will always use a power as soon as it is charged, and if there is more than one power charged it will use the left-hand most one first. This is something to bear in mind both in your attacking strategy, and in how you leave your team when you're not playing. E.g. I played an Arena game earlier, the defender had first attack and had a high level Han and a high level Dengar, but had put Dengar in slot 1 and Han in slot 2. That meant his first attack was used in Aiming Dengar, which gave me a chance to kill Han before he got his Lucky Shot off, and gave me ample opportunity to kill Dengar before he actually got his Aimed attack in. Put Han at 2 and Dengar at 3, so that his first attack was Lucky Shot, his second attack was Aim, and his third attack was an Aimed attack from Dengar, and I'd have been in big trouble instead of winning comfortably
    - The vast majority of players stick mainly to the core characters in their teams - very rare to meet a team in the Arena that doesn't have at least 2 out of Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie, and quite often you come across all 4. So you can adjust your tactics to suit - beasts are useful as they get an attack bonus vs humans, and have enough health to survive a Lucky Shot if they're levelled up.
    - When you get the chance, try to engineer a battle so that the last enemy hero dies on his own turn. E.g. by firing a blaster at Luke's deflection power, or from ongoing damage from a grenade attack. Quite hard to do, but when you pull it off it means that you get first attack in the next battle. In the Arena when you're highly likely to be on the receiving end of a Han Lucky Shot as the first attack, this can be a huge advantage as it gives you a chance to take Han out before he fires
    - When playing the missions, stick a high health hero, preferably a beast, in the 4th slot. This slot tends to bear the brunt of the attacks, as when facing a 5 man team the computer's 4th and 5th heroes will attack consecutively and are both likely to target your 4th hero. Tarentatek is particularly good in this role as he's got passive defence against melee attacks so doesn't incur much damage from womp rats, gamorreans or tuskens who all tend to attack in 5s. Also worth trying to engineer it so that your 4th hero doesn't have the last attack of a battle, since this effectively gives the computer the first 2 attacks of the next battle
    - Dump the Rebel Medic when you get your team to level 3 or so. I still come across quite a few opponents in the Arena who have a Tier 2 Rebel Medic with Tier 4 heroes. Absolute waste of space - his attack is so woeful you can completely ignore him, and the health of the Tier 4 heroes he's playing with is now proportionately so much higher than the healing he could provide that it's a drop in the ocean. I am intrigued as to whether anybody has ever managed to acquire an Imperial Medic though, they look like they could be levelled up to Tier 5 which really could be awesome...

11. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

For everyone who is at T2 or T3 after this latest update; focus on getting one or two players leveled per week rather than a whole team.

This will help with special missions at or above your highest player(s).

Be patient, the people who got T5 in a hurry, ran the arena board and finished the story immediately got bored.

Sell off low tier items you are not using. I hung on to T3 promo ones for gamorreans, wookies, etc but never got the final one.

Once I got 5-6 other characters T4 there was no point. I could use the inventory space to collect T5 multiple affinities training (biggest bonus 2 of character's affinity + any other 3 different affinity, same tier).

The secondary method is to use T3 items the same way. Not as big when you have T4 and T5, but until you do T3 multiple affinity is the way to go. Also lower energy cost.

TheKraken likes this.
  12. Drerunsit

Drerunsit Level 15

Well, seeing as how each T3 training mission costs 4 energy, you're still using 20 energy for one round of training. That's not cheap at all.

13. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Typically you pick up 1 or 2 extra T3 affinities from story or specials. Even getting 1 to 5,I end up with extra T2 and T3s. So its more like 12 energy. And for people struggling with T5 missions, its doable. If they can't finish a 6 or 8 energy mission on the 1st try, it is lower energy.

The reason I still use it is availability. You can do it on credit run day, or any day where affinity doesn't match special missions.

I mentioned the 5 seperate T5 bonus in my post as well. These are not as common in story drops, so playing for 4 or 5 is much more energy than what the max T3 energy cost would be, not to mention the amt of days involved.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  14. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Had 4 separate affinity T3 from farming stories. After getting the 5th (4energy) the points value is 1470, 1350 and120 bonus xp.

Leveling gets more expensive as you progress, but lvl 20 or below, this is 1 level increase minimum. Around lvl 12, 1.5, below 10, 2 or more levels.

15. MrBlueo

MrBlueo Level 3

Is there any benefit to using training items vs. promotion items to increase your character's level? Seems like the do the same thing.

16. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

No bonus for any hero with promo items like training combos.

if you used T3 promo items the way I discussed training, the max value would be 300 plus 120 xp bonus. The training bonus is over 1000 more.

some people are looking at T1 to T5 promo item bonus, but the grouping is unclear for most items. And it is much simpler to get 1 to 5 training same affinity.

The biggest bonus is T5 2 on affinity, 3 off. But this takes days to collect.

I may use a T4 or T5 promo item for training, but T3 and below sell what you don't need for promoting.

17. MrBlueo

MrBlueo Level 3

So if I am about to promote my Terentatek to T5 it would be better to have 2 T5 Survival Training and 3 Smuggler Training than 5 T5 Survival Training?

18. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

1 force, 1 survival, and 3 different from the remaining 4 isthe highest possible. More variation with both affinities is better than 1 affinity alone. So 1 force, 1 survival, 1 smuggler and 1 more different affinity Iis 2nd best. If you add a T4 hero Iits even better.

19. Ryan Wolfe

Ryan Wolfe Level 8

The main thing I wish I had known starting out was KEEP THE GOTAL they give you in the early mission. Anyone with a multi-target attack (grenade, Liea, etc.) will end up saving you hundreds of taps as you grind through trivial missions again and again (and again and again) later on in the game.

20. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

You can get them later on, but yeah he was a big help until I couldn't find blaster parts to get T3. I've probably had at least 6 or more since I've been playing, but not more than 1 until I could farm T5 missions.

I think my 2nd (T4) came from beating in the emperor's name the very 1st time. Had to use revive but was worth it.

I've got 2 max T5 gotals now, and them + leia is great for grinding. Also maxed a specforce, but honestly sometimes his power doesn't even charge with using the other 3.

Just got Bossk in arena (T2) and he has a 3x grenade as well and does a double shot each turn. He'll probabaly be my 4th for grinding once he gets T5.

Leia is always on my team, mission or arena. So much better than Han's 5 bar recharge that hits 1 enemy.