A Beginners Guide.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Assault Team' started by Revan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Clark

Clark Level 6

Also, press and hold on your own cards to see how much damage they will do.
    Since the staus updates throughout the fight you can use this tip to see how much health an oponent has left and if you need to use a skill or a straight attack to kill them.

2. Jean Arnaud

Jean Arnaud Level 18

So has this been confirmed that the bounty hunters are only from Arena?

3. TaiyoSui

TaiyoSui Level 3

Not confirmed, but very much likely so I believe. The tokens aren't called bounties for nothing.

4. ScottP

ScottP Level 30

Hi, bit of a noob question, but can you get 5 cards in your formation? & if so,how?

5. Lalallama

Lalallama Level 17

I think the only way to get 5 cards in your formation is if you're playing the storyline and you pick up a character that isn't in your formation (like when you rescue Chewie and he automatically becomes part of your team).

ScottP likes this.
  6. MrSchpfmut

MrSchpfmut Level 2

Sorry if there's a different thread for this, but I don't think anyone has mentioned Training-Combos here specifically. An in-game hint said something about this and here's what I've found. The order these items are added should not matter.

Weapon-3 + weapon-2 + weapon-1 training items will automatically add XP to the 'gain' amount. (300 xp + 120 bonus)

Adding 3 same-tier, but different types of training items also adds XP to the 'gain' amount.
    Weapon-3 + Force-3 + Smuggler-3

You can also combo combos!
    Leia (force & weapon affinity) gets a huge boost from this: (~ 870 XP + 180 bonus?)
    Weapon-3 + Weapon-2 + Weapon-1 + Force-3 + Smuggler-3

Also, testing straight weapon affinity
    Weapon-4 + Weapon-3 + Weapon-2 + Weapon-1 (880 xp + 220 bonus)
    Weapon-4 + Weapon-3 + Weapon-2 + Weapon-2 + Weapon-1 (1040 xp + 260 bonus)
    Weapon-4 + Weapon-3 + Weapon-2 + Weapon-2 + Weapon-2 (700 xp + 280 bonus)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. Sayers

Sayers Level 8

Adding weap 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 gives something like 2500 exp total.

8. Indibil

Indibil Level 30

Wondered if anyone had found the 3-of-a-kind/tier sinergies. Working on getting 4 of a same tier to see if it's even more brutal.

9. Herbnosis

Herbnosis Level 21

Yeah ecocd found that; there are a couple of topics on it .

10. Triumphor

Triumphor Level 7

Just wanted to post a shot confirming this. Lvl 1 to 13 Screenshot_2014-04-04-00-15-57.png for 125 credits isn't too bad

11. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    The formula is very simple.

3-of-a-kind (any "X" training item from the same affinity but different tiers) = 2.5x multiplier
    4-of-a-kind = 4x multiplier
    5-of-a-kind = 5x multiplier

The best part? The multiplier applies to the 4th and 5th card even if they aren't part of the "set". So far, my favourite is to use the 4-of-a-kind plus a T4 character card, could get up to 5-6k at one go.

12. Herbnosis

Herbnosis Level 21

I just tried to use T1-T5 armor on Leia assuming I would get the same white exp regardless, but this was not the case; it was a good 900 or so less. It seems affinity plays a role in the white number, too. Sorry if this is not new info, but it's new to me.

13. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    Ugh, off-affinity, the multipliers are 1.75x, 2.5x and 3.5x at 3, 4 and 5 items respectively.

Very easy to remember the formula, starting from 3 items:
    Off-affinity = 1 + 0.75 ; 1 + 1.5 ; 1 + 2.5
    Same affinity = 1 + 1.5 ; 1 + 3 ; 1 + 5

The (1) is base multiplier, so basically you want to look at what's "extra". Same affinity always gives double of the "extra".

14. cookie

cookie Level 4

1. Never spend your energy on credit run, for example: 6 energy credit run (epic) ~ less then 1k credits (rank 12)
    2. Never spend your gems on silver and gold crates, because:
    3. Second story mission, "Rescue Chewbacca", epic difficulty:
    •50-200 credits + sell unwanted junk
    •1 t1+1t2 card: very often
    •2 t2 card: often
    •1 t1 + 1t3 card: rarely
    •1 t2 + 1t3 card: very rarely

Good chance of getting T2&T3 characters only for 1 energy. In my case it is: T3 Trandoshan Hunter, Ithorian Drifter, Gamorrean Vetetan + T2 Terentatek, Katarn, Trandoshan, Duros and a other characters and stuff.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  15. Hutt

Hutt Level 6

I completely disagree with #1. The cost to lvl tier 5s the last 10 or more lvls almost requires you to save up by using credit runs...heck even high end tier 4's the last few lvls can add up quickly if you are leveling multiple at once. The credit runs were put there for a reason. It just sounds like you aren't at the stage in the game to realize their usefulness yet.

#2 is pretty obvious, you are completely right about that..

#3 is something I did a lot when I was low lvl. It is a great option that maybe some people don't realize when you are first starting out? That is a game changer for people with 8+ min energy timers who don't have any tier 4 heroes yet. If you need a bunch of low tier training cards of multiple types it is the way to go (though if you just need 1 white card of a specific type to finish a 5 card straight you are still better off playing the 4 energy training mission to guarantee the drop you need)

I applaud you for pointing out #3. I think that could really be useful to people.

16. anrapeal

anrapeal Guest

So, would you tell us how you leveled after that?

17. cookie

cookie Level 4

My Rank is specifically indicated. Perform mission "Rescue Chewbacca" six times - more profitable than once to fulfill the mission "Credit Run". More money, more useful things, and unfortunately, more time spent. But this is the only negative. Perhaps at a higher rank, mission "Credit Run" becomes more profitable, that I do not know yet)

"Rescue Chewbacca" = 1 energy + ~100 seconds
    180 credits + 200 credits Training Lightsaber + 50 credits Force training 1 = 430 credits total.
    108 credits + 200 credits Wasaka Berry Pudding + 50 credits Smuggler training 1 = 358 credits total.
    132 credits + 50 credits Survival training + T2 Terentatek (priceless at low level)

Total: 3 energy = 970 credits + T2 Terentatek

6 energy "Credit run" brings me ~1.1K credits and nothing more.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  18. Minkee77

Minkee77 Developer

Thanks for all these tips. The multiplier by item tier was not something I could have figured out on my own. I've got Han, Luke, Chewie and Leia ready for Tier 4, just need the Tier 4 promotion items and Chewie's bandolier. I started hanging onto the other ones once I realized how scarce they are.

I think sometimes to get a specific promotion item, you must play with the character that needs it. As an example, I moved a 2nd Tier Gotal Sentry to reserves after getting Leia. I kept playing smuggler missions for the Gotal item, but never got it until I put him back in the lineup.

Other times I have bought a bronze crate and the Tier 1 promotion item was included with the character, or came up in the next mission (even though they were on reserve).

I've been trying out training Tier 1 or 2 characters and buying more for the sole purpose of merging them with my main characters. Probably a waste of time, but saves on inventory space. I think the value I saw initially was related to the affinty multipliers, meaning it may have been better to apply them directly to the upper characters in sequential order.

Finally, since adding items to characters requires more credits as you progress, I'd like to have more access to the Credit Runs.

19. andi_kan

andi_kan Moderator

Medals:
    I completely agree that Credit Run is waste of time and energy. I have only completed my Credit Run missions just enough to get all gold medals, and stopped since the previous Sunday. I have been getting more credits ever since.

Some might argue that's because I've stopped levelling...completely false. If you look at the team I posted recently, I am heavy into levelling, about 10 or 12 max level heroes already, and I've got about 180k credits. Not from Credit Run. All from selling promotion/training items.

20. Hutt

Hutt Level 6

You have to understand that is largely because of your energy regen time. Others who can only run missions half as often find the credit runs more useful.

Today at this point I have lvl'd up 27 lvls total (maxed out 3 heroes to lvl 25 in tier 4). That is only half a days worth...and not even high lvl tier 5 characters. I only use 5 card straight unless it is maxing them out and only a small experience boost is needed.

I have already spent 15k today including selling the credit items I happen to pick up while running the 8 point training missions...if you are running promo missions you aren't focusing on leveling but promotion...obviously. The promo missions do end up being much more profitable because you get a lot more items you don't need instead of saving all the training mission drops, but you know that.

So if you extrapolate that, that's 30k a day cost minimum if you are focused on leveling instead of promoting....and that is only high end tier 4 characters, not lvl 25-35 when the cost will increase exponentially. Now consider people who can only run half the missions you can and you might have a better understanding on the usefulness of the credit runs.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014