A Beginners Guide.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Assault Team' started by Revan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Revan

Revan Level 19

Intro:

Hello there! Like many of you I am starting out in this game fresh and being left to figure things out on my own, as I learn more knowledge I will add onto this thread and encourage you to comment tips of your own!

The Basics:

As with all games fun there is competitive play, customization, leveling, and etc. Right out of the gate I had several questions in mind
    1. How do I get Cards
    2. How does improving cards work
    3. And above all, how do I progress in the game.

- 1: Getting Cards
    From what I gather there are 2 avenues in which you can obtain cards; questing, and buying crates.

>questing will only give you cards relevant to your story and is by no means the way you should rely on getting that sweet formation

>Crates: crates can be bought with 3 currencies as far as I am aware. Credits, Gems, and Arena tokens. These crates are where you receive nice cards.

Credits = questing currency
    Gems = premium currency
    Arena Tokens = pvp currency

Crates also contain "Items" which I will get to in the next section.

-2: Cards! Their value and how to improve them!
    Currently there are 5 "Tiers" of cards, which you can Identify by colour and or marks on top of the card.
    T1 = Grey
    T2 = Yellow
    T3 = Green
    T4 = Orange
    T 5 = Blue
    As you could probably guess the higher the tier the better the card but why are items tiered aswell? What are items? And how do they play a role in leveling/training my hero cards?

>Training and Items
    Now that you have your cards its time to make them better. But how do I do this correctly?

Items fall into 2 categories, Promotional & Training, Training items are used to level up your cards and increase their stats, while promotional cards specifically serve the function of "promoting" your fully leveled card to its next tier I.E. T1 -> T2.

Despite training items soul function being to train levels, all items (including cards themselves) can be used in place of these to level your hero.

>Training: so you have your card and a bunch of items, what now? Which items do you use? Each hero has 2 affiliations of the categories "weapons" "smuggling" "mechanisms" & "force". Items that share the same affiliation with your selected hero will be marked with a gold star and will give your card a significant boost in Exp. The higher level the card, the more expensive training will cost, therefor when training try to use as many high tier and affiliated items in order to maximize effectiveness.

>Promoting: you now have trained your hero to its max level and want to promote him to his next tier but you require some items to make that happen. When in the promoting screen most a list of items will appear that are required, tapping on them will give you detailed information on how to acquire them, most commonly these will be in "Special Missions" which can be accessed from the home screen. Once all Items are acquired promote and level once again!

-3: Game Progression
    As far as I am aware there are 3 lines of progression
    1. Story
    2. Pvp (arena)
    3. Your personal formation of cards.
    Pretty simple, really, like all game focus, play it all, get the best, be the best. Thats really the MO here. But above all have fun!

A Few Tips And Pointers:
    -Keep your gems and only spend them on crates, premium currency appears to be obtained slowly but adequately for yourself to get some nice cards now and then, i myself had only played a day or two before recieving several T4's

- When training train in clumps of 5 items, it will save you credits

- need training items, there are quests that specifically drop them in the "Special Missions" area

-pay heed to hero abilities, some are extremely useful and can turn the tide of battle

- when battling find what needs to be killed as a priority,
    My order is; Atk Power Boosted enemies > Buffing Enemies > Easy 1 Shots > heavy hitting enemies > high health enemies, play around see what works for you.

- sell T1 Items, use T2 or better, its more worth your while and selling gives you extra credits

- have a card you'll never use? Dont sell it, use it as a training item in the training menu. Just cycle through the sorting filter at the bottom of the screen.

This guide is still in its infancy, I didnt see one posted so I took the liberty of starting one.
    Future topics:
    -formation strategy
    -Arena
    - and really any questions you guys have, please post them

Sorry for this being short and basic but its what I could do in my freetime, I will continue to add and edit but in the mean time;
    > post questions you have
    > and tips you have
    HAPPY HUNTING ALL!

2. Underleft

Underleft Level 8

Just a quick tip if it hasn't been mentioned on the forum yet. You can set the combat speed in the options menu. It is set to fast by default, I put it to fastest and it really speeds up the grind.

Shlink likes this.
  3. Moroveus

Moroveus Level 27

If I'm reading the in-game information correctly, I think the ONLY way to get the bounty hunter units is by obtaining them from Arena Crates, so that's why PVP is important.

4. ecocd

ecocd Level 45

So Boba Fett is only available from the Arena, for instance?

5. Moroveus

Moroveus Level 27

That's what it looks like. I've found promotion items for Boba Fett and three other bounty hunters: IG-88, Dengar, and 4-LOM. I assume you can get Bossk as well, since he's in the campaign as an enemy. And since 4-LOM is available, you can probably find Zuckuss, although I haven't a promotion item for him yet to confirm.

6. Herbnosis

Herbnosis Level 21

I've received promotion items for all of the bounty hunters you mentioned (including Zuckuss).

Moroveus likes this.
  7. IronCross

IronCross Level 11

Ive battled Dengar in arena. Has aiming skill. 100% damage to attack

8. IronCross

IronCross Level 11

Just fought a lucky bastard with Boba Fett. image.jpg

9. IronCross

IronCross Level 11

image.jpg And here is IG88B

10. ApolloBliss

ApolloBliss Level 10

Is there a way to get more than 4 cards in your mission formation? During a mission I recieved help for one more card, thus the question. Keep in mind that I started playing about an hour ago. :p

11. Skyguy

Skyguy Level 14

was wondering the same thing about 5 card formations

12. Skarful

Skarful Level 9

Thanks for this, nice guide and very handy tips at the end, keep it up :D

Also, this thread deserves a sticky imo!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  13. IronCross

IronCross Level 11

Looks like only by picking up another game card during missions. Maybe a later add on

14. CoachK28

CoachK28 Level 5

Thanks for putting this together.

A few other players and I are working on putting together a basic character guide/list as well.

Any help would be great.

15. Oden

Oden Level 7

Another Tip: Characters can activate other characters special abilities. Is it C-3POs turn and Han's Lucky Shot is ready? Then just have C-3P0 use Han's ability. That way you can do damage during C-3PO's activation, and Han will get another chance to recharge on his following activation.

ApolloBliss and Moroveus like this.
  16. Moroveus

Moroveus Level 27

Interesting. I also noticed during the Mechanic Mayhem today that Jawas will repair on a droid's turn. For example, let's say it's Probot's turn, but it's damaged. Instead of attacking, a jaws repairs it.

17. IronCross

IronCross Level 11

I always wondered why it seemed certain characters were getting two turns in the arena. Thanks for the tip.

My turn for those that don't know:
    Touch and hold on your opposition to see his status. Level, tier, damage, hp

Clark and Herbnosis like this.
  18. Clark

Clark Level 6

Just an update for you. Under training there are 2 more categories: "Survival" and "Armor"

Thanks for a great guide. This deserves a sticky

19. TaiyoSui

TaiyoSui Level 3

You can eat hero cards too for training. Same affinities (2 out of 2) will give twice the base XP as bonus, while 1/2 will give the same amount as base's.
    • T1, LV1 card gives 20 base XP to cards with no same affinity, 20 base + 20 (x2 base) to 1 same affinity, 20 base + 40 (x2 base) to 2 same affinities.
    • T2, LV1 card gives 75 base XP to cards with no same affinity, 75 base + 75 (x1 base) to 1 same affinity, 75 base + 150 (x2 base) to 2 same affinities.
    • T3, LV1 card gives 250 base XP to cards with no same affinity, 250 base + 250 (x1 base) to 1 same affinity, 250 base + 500 (x2 base) to 2 same affinities.

Feeding the same card gives a bonus to the base XP gain of 50%, but will not increase the bonus from affinity.

Every additional level of the card gives a certain % more XP to the base (the rate is tier related, as per my calculation, it's 5% for T1 and T2, 10% for T3), which will increase the bonus from affinity.

All numbers will always round up if possible on player's screen (T2 LV2 gives 78.75 but shows as 79), but will always get to the real value whenever possible regardless (T3 LV3 gives 82, shown as 82, instead of 79+3.75 = 82.75). The bonus from affinity gets the shown value instead of real value.

Promoting T1 to T2 takes 1 promote card (worth 100 gold) and 120 XP (costing 50 to 75 gold depends on whether you use 3 T1 or 1 T2 + 1 T1 training card). Basically spent 150 to 175 gold to gain 165 more XP (-120 from taking it to T1 lvl 5 then it'd be 45), but at the same time reduce the potential cost of having to fuse multiple items. Not that bad a choice if you're new into the game and don't have the T3,T4 training cards for the bonus boost.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Herbnosis likes this.
  20. TaiyoSui

TaiyoSui Level 3

Updated my post with some stuffs I've found.