3 man vs 4 man

Discussion in 'Events' started by Naugrin, May 8, 2014.

1. Naugrin

Naugrin Level 4

Is the general consensus that 4 man brigs give the best advantages for pvp event?

2. BiglittleMA

BiglittleMA Level 17

I think till 9 you get the easiest 4-teams. Onwards you encounter 5-teams. Much easier teams but still you have to do with a 4-team.

3. wowsoamaze

wowsoamaze Level 12

not sure if ive heard enough stories on actual experiences to know.

but last pvp event the #1 player was a 3-man brig lol

4. BiglittleMA

BiglittleMA Level 17

With 4-man brig till 15 did not encounter full L brig.
    With 5-man did encounter from 13.

The #1 must have loads of resources and plenty of time to spent.

5. wowsoamaze

wowsoamaze Level 12

Indeed.

However take this into consideration - with a 3 man brig, there are less animations to go through, and less familiars to kill.

This shaves off considerable time per battle - not much in 1 battle, but when you continue accumulating saved time over a 7 day event - it shows.

Just my 2 cents ;)

6. BiglittleMA

BiglittleMA Level 17

With a 3-man brig you will probably battle against 3-man brigs till 9. Till 15 the weakest 5-man brig.
    I'm testing a new 4-man brig and I have not seen any L-teams (L Golem not counted) till 15 streaks. I could not get higher because I use moderate fams like Tepax, Melusia.
    But I wonder if I raise the value of my brig by adding better fams, will it encounter better teams earlier?

7. wowsoamaze

wowsoamaze Level 12

Most definitely will make your matchups harder. But your team will be better equipped to take them on.

Whether its a net gain or loss, hard to say - it comes down to DeNA's matchmaking algorithm.

Certain fams definitely seem to increase WS while maintaining beatable matchups - it may have to do with total stat points, because I find that the auto-WIS attack fams that have low ATK stats do very well. Then again no way to test it so it is merely conjecture and anecdote

8. Hard Cheese

Hard Cheese Level 8

Hey guys, here are a few observations on my 3 man brig for this second phase PvP.
    I re-rolled to start playing GM and try out the 3 man brig. Running:
    Hel2
    Alcina 4 Alcina 4
    reserves:
    Nergal2
    GM(around) lv80 Alcina 4

No match up problems up to fight 14 and 15. 4 man brigs start showing up as early as fight 3, five man sometimes at fight 4 but all weaksauce. Have to go all out at 15. (This event it seems that opponents' fams proc 95% of the time and me 0% at fight 15) For some reason I need to go ao at fight 16, but things seem to get easier after that and I don't have to ao until fight 21. Need to go ao to get 21 win streak. At the 22 fight round, I start seeing legit Ls (not just Golem) and I haven't made it to 24 win streak.
    I wonder how points are suffering because I'm facing scrubs. I want to say points aren't that different compared to 5 man teams. I'm not positive.
    So what's the point of this exercise?
    I'm not sure.
    I don't want to get a four man formation because I don't know how it will impact win streaks. (and I'm GH poor and only have 7 good fams and another point to this was to STOP PLAYING SO MUCH! So I'm kinda sabotaging myself)
    Wins are easy with the current 3 man, but I'm ranked only 3300 or so. Not very high compared to my former 5 man brigs.
    Think I'll have to go 4 man of the raid boss event though...
    Just my two cents...

9. Webtracer

Webtracer Level 17

Likely the true advantage boils down to time saved which is as big of an "advantage" as any other

It is one way to gurantee an edge over competition but perhaps as mentioned the cost is resources

10. BiglittleMA

BiglittleMA Level 17

a 3 or 4-man brig are comparable to each other.
    BB use some kind of algorithm to match your brig to your opponents according to your brig value?
    With my 5-man brig I see full L-teams starting from 9, as my alt 4-man brig somewhere after 15.
    In theory a 3 or 4-man brig will do better with PVP, as they encounter better teams much later.
    From 15 every team (epic/L) face the same problems. Its all about proc, luck and using resources like you do. With every fight you have to think if you're going to use 1 morale/bugle or AO. A wrong decision will make you start a win streak again or wasting 3 bugles/morales.
    To rank much higher you have to invest more time and resources. Every event is not the same. Your ranking is also dependent how many ppl are participating and if their going for ranking.
    For raid you need more firepower, so a 5-man do better.

11. Hard Cheese

Hard Cheese Level 8

Couple new observations:
    Today I've noticed 5 man brigs asmy only option after 9 win streak. Tough to get to 18 win streak even with all outs!
    I forgot to mention my old WL and that 5 man brig full of crap. Even with crap epics (Iron golem, other login in freebies) and a clown dude from the last raid boss (the guy with blade ward) I get matched up against legit teams with good epic2 and 4s. Even after three days of running the same crap team the match ups don't get much more favorable. It seems that there is A LOT of weight from the previous PvP phase applied to the match ups.

12. Webtracer

Webtracer Level 17

Now that is interesting, would explain why making brig upgrades can have little difference and or go against you. (for mysterious reasons)

Hate to think the whole thing is purely orchestrated

13. Hard Cheese

Hard Cheese Level 8

Quick update for the next to last day.
    Past three days I have been in prety easy groups. Two double promotions (by a wide margin) and yesterday (somehow) I lost the third straight double promo at the last minute (BS).
    Match ups have been brutal after match 13. Lost two match 15 going AO. I was planning on going 4 man tomorrow, but decided to go with the four man now.
    Hit 15 wins with the 3-man just before "going 4". The next round starts with brigs FULL of Ls. And good Ls!! Haven't battled yet with the four man against these brigs. Cross your fingers.
    I will be very interested in the pool tomorrow. The assignment has to be based on points, but the last three days I had the easy pools so I think the brig size has some weight. Not sure.
    I will be very interested to see what happens when the new PvP starts and I have the 4 man.

14. Hitboxxx

Hitboxxx Level 2

and results ?? ^^