1. Join App Invasion Developers today and help support indie game developers!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Want reasonable (non partisan) discussion on politics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Space, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ilovebanhammers

ilovebanhammers Level 16

straight to the point, everyone wants me in the lounge apparently

trump is 1 big buckethead who will bankrupt america, lacks any international experience and is very dumb

Space likes this.
  2. Space

Space Level 36

Lol my thread has been resurrected!

Not sure about Trump's raw intelligence. I bet alot of this is done on purpose and he is smarter then he appears. However he has no idea how to run a campaign lol.
    Looks like he has won the nomination without understanding the rules or the ground game.

He is soooo toast in the election without the Republican machine rallying around him, even then he is probably still toast. This Canadian sees him as unelectable so migrate to Canada!!

3. fredthebadger

fredthebadger Level 44

I don't like Trump, to the level that if I seriously thought he could win I'd be disappointed in the USA as a whole.

But I'm not going to claim I'd move anywhere in response to him winning. If you want me to move somewhere, you need to have a job waiting for me that pays enough to fund the trip.

Dannik Jerikko and Space like this.
  4. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I'm at the point where hoping that "we free 'muricans" can weather the storm that is the next 4 years of presidential mockery, and hope to see some bipartisan candidates who actually want to work to improve the sad state of our nation. Not to be lacking compassion, but fuck Obamacare. Seriously, that program has cost me thousands in health insurance cost hikes so that the people (this is not racist, I'm speaking regarding socioeconomic status here) who I formerly arrested and incarcerated can have healthcare when most of the activities that I arrested them for placed them in situations where they would NEED FUCKING HEALTHCARE. If someone is intent on destroying themselves through heroin addiction and lack of hygiene, let them. It shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg and half my dick to support someone else who I less than care about. This is America, the land where you make your own future, not fucking communist Cuba or Russia. You get from life what you put into it (or that's the way it's supposed to go), not "you get from life what the government Robin Hoods for you." The whole system is fucked.

5. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

Obamacare has put a massive hurdle in place for my family with premium hikes. Premiums alone are over $10,000 this year.

6. Dannik Jerikko

Dannik Jerikko Moderator

I wouldn't have healthcare at all if the government didn't mandate that I needed it. I go to the doctor for one situation and one situation only, and that's if I get injured at work, which case, worker's comp pays for it. I'm healthy as fuck and I don't need a doctor to tell me that, so why have healthcare at all? Meanwhile, for me alone the "Affordable Care Plan" for my taxable income bracket (which was very low at the time I was searching for healthcare, as I was on Worker's Comp and seeking a new job) was $365 a month. A MONTH. For JUST ME. That was the FUCKING OBAMACARE PLAN, FOR MINIMUM COVERAGE. Who the fuck can afford that? My current job offers me a good comprehensive health care plan with dental and eye for less than half of that a month. Fucking government health nazis.

7. Space

Space Level 36

Lol Obama care.

The States like every other first world country needs a universal health care system. However as I poorly explained to Betta before, I don't think it is possible in the USA at this time. Way too much money involved.

I know the Canadian (provimcial) system(s) well enough and see it has flaws but I honestly believe the alternative is worse.

8. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

I should pop into the lounge a bit more. I debated responding, but what the heck...

Insurance companies are a bane on the healthcare system and, I believe, are the single biggest cause of the the out of control healthcare costs in the US. I pay close to $14,000 a year out of pocket to insure my family and that is borderline criminal. Less that 10 years ago I was paying 1/2 that.

Regarding the upcoming presidential travesty...may God have mercy on our poor country. Neither of the current front runners would make a remotely competent president. I fear that the US is on a self-destructive path that the people are either unwilling to change or too dumb to see. Our government spends more money than it makes and we give it a pass year after year. There are institutionalized habits that must be broken to right the ship, but I doubt that will happen...let alone getting enough people elected to implement such changes is very unlikely.

Our political system is excessively polarized right now, which is unfortunate because I firmly believe that most Americans fall somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum. I've tried to get involved in grass roots politics and actually became a delegate to a state convention one year, but I quickly realized that my little voice was nothing to the big money interests on both sides of the aisle who push extreme viewpoints and drown out the reasonable conversation. Too many people tow the line without thinking for themselves, so it's only a matter of time before the lemmings get led over the cliff.

Space likes this.
  9. ilovebanhammers

ilovebanhammers Level 16

if trump becomes president , he says he'll bankrupt america a.k.a dollar course will drop hugely, trademarkets crash.... he will destroy the worlds economy...
    and the only alternative i see right now is hillary..... investigated by the fbi , if they discover ANYTHING she would get kicked out of the presidential candidates :
    trump will ruin everything america would ever have, crash worldwide economy... will make import impossible .

and still he gets so much votes.....

NICE MURICA!

10. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

Sadly there is more evidence of Hillary's mismanagement of government resources and classified information than General Petraeus, who was hung out to dry for much less and wasn't trying to become commander in chief of our country. To be fair, there's a laundry list of huge red flags for both Clinton and Trump that should give any sane, voting age US citizen pause at the inability of the political process to produce a quality candidate for president.

Space likes this.
  11. Space

Space Level 36

You see the issue of insurance companies everywhere.
    While it doesn't directly effect our system at large extend health plans are disappearing or shrinking. The amount insurance companies make on each dollar spent on plans has increased much faster than inflatio. Compound that with the cost of a plan increasing faster than inflation and you have a recipe for disaster.

The situation here is labour unrest (it's just beginning) as governments try to claw back benefits due to the rising cost and unions fighting back. Government either needs to fight with the union's or the insurance companies. Obviously it's clear who they will choose to fight with.

Governments need to carefully regulate the industry. Don't increase their taxes just stop them from gauging everyone.

12. Space

Space Level 36

Absolutely bang on. The funniest thing is, except for some racist or ignorance to other peoples/countries Trump is perhaps more progressive than Hillary. It's hilarious. He isn't a conservative... I don't know what he is politically but he is definitely a loose cannon

13. ilovebanhammers

ilovebanhammers Level 16

if you dont get bernie sanders high up trump gets a free run to the white house

14. Space

Space Level 36

I don't think it is that easy. There is still the possibility of a 3rd party run from the right. Not to mention if the Republican machine doesn't get behind Trump he is in trouble. In a close election the ground game will be the difference between winning and losing.

In this avenue it is advantage Hillary. We'll see what he says/does but I still expect Hillary to win. No one should feel comfortable giving the launch codes to trump.

Furthermore if president he will be a security threat to the world in another sense. Recruitment for extremists. Just what we need a white president of the USA who seems to want war with Islam (to be fair he obviously doesn't but it will be spun this way).

So a loose cannon or someone who is incompetent but not as dangerous. Lol I don't envy your choice come fall

15. ilovebanhammers

ilovebanhammers Level 16

as i pointed out earlier hillary is under an FBI investigation.... if ANYTHING proves she has taken money she won't be able to run for president....
    and what does that mean: our friend trumP!

16. fredthebadger

fredthebadger Level 44

Guys, given the 'reasonable, non-partisan' aspect of this thread I'm going to have to ask for citations if you start bringing up stuff like that.

Space and ilovebanhammers like this.
  17. Space

Space Level 36

18. Space

Space Level 36

19. SumiXam

SumiXam Level 51

Stuff like what?

20. fredthebadger

fredthebadger Level 44

You know what I'm talking about.