God Phoenix vs. God Tree Eltri

Discussion in 'Units' started by dibs, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Online
    dibs

dibs Level 10

Which unit do you prefer and why (leaving the type aside)?

I prefer Phoenix because his BB gradually recovers HP over 3 turns which IMO is better.
    :
  2. Online
    Kelvgoh

Kelvgoh Level 55

I prefer the Tree (World only but aiming for God Tree) because of the status aliments removal. It is extremely helpful especially when afflicted with Curse.
  3. Online
    Exaltatio

Exaltatio Level 27

Depends on the situation.. There can be a situation where youll be using a heal from eltri once then get everyone full healed.. But after one turn youll get much damage again... Rending the heal useless... Which of course, in this scenario, using phoenix is better.. Whereas youll heal one turn full healed... And get damaged and healed again..going back to being fully healed.. :)
  4. Online
    Elunix

Elunix Level 30 Moderator

There's ups and downs to both. I think in terms of straight up tankiness Tree wins, though they're both beefy in their own right. As previously mentioned, Tree's massive burst/status ailment cure is definitely useful but in other scenarios perhaps with no status ailments, Phoenix would be better. They're comparable and better than the other in certain scenarios so it really depends on what you're doing imo. I don't think I'd put one farther ahead than the other. If I absolutely had to I'd probably give it to Tree for his slight edge in defensive stat growth but it's really, really marginal.
  5. Online
    Exaltatio

Exaltatio Level 27

Hey Elunix, addition to yours.. Isn't it explainable and observable that Phoenix hits harder than Eltri? :/
  6. Online
    Elunix

Elunix Level 30 Moderator

Yup, he does, but I classify Phoenix as more of a healer than anything, so I'd prefer defensive stats over offensive stats and so I've given Eltri the edge since his stats make sense with his BB. That's a whole other can of worms though and both sides can definitely be argued; I'm sure many people love that Phoenix has a respectable attack stat especially in Mono-Fire lineups. He'll deal more damage than Eltri which is nice for when his BB is down/he's not using it.
  7. Online
    abcdafuq

abcdafuq Level 16

For regular quests and vortex, I actually prefer Phoenix cuz of his 3 turn heal. But for arena, Eltri is much more useful if you want to use a healer. I've lost arena quite a few times now because of Phoenix using his useless BB instead of attacking...
  8. Online
    Exaltatio

Exaltatio Level 27

Yeah.. The best offense is a good defense.. My point, good Sir Elunix, is Phoenix does hit harder.. Mine hit like 1.5k and 2k for crit..lol.. He is a breaker type though.. Pretty effective..and sparks often.. Lol... Then equipping him with Flesh Armor( 10% hp and def ) which makes him a battle tank.. Weeeeee.
  9. Online
    zaelya81

zaelya81 Level 8

Phoenix edges out Eltri in overall usefulness. If you're relying on Eltri's big bomb heal then you're probably in over your head and needlessly getting your ass kicked, plus too long of a wait to get his heal up again. Least with Phoenix you can pop his heal and, if lucky, have it up again before it fades.

In Arena both are useless, bring another DPS. If you haven't won by your 3rd turn you're doing it wrong.
  10. Online
    ChaosFX

ChaosFX Level 2

Eltri isn't useless in arena, super tanky and at 3rd+ turns if he pop the heals and that can turn the tide of arena battles asuming your other units could last untill Eltri heals. Eltri bb heals chance to proc is higher than any other offensive unit bb. In future patch alot of new unit coming up with bb that add status inflict and there is Eltri once again shining which provide best to counter that with status removal. About phoenix i kinda agree with you cause his regen healing just not enough to over heals the damage in arena, only abit usefull in mono fire team due to same element damage bonus.
  11. Online
    Exaltatio

Exaltatio Level 27

In the arena... When i fight against some eltris... I own them cause i use mono fire team... One crit from my zegar which uses muramasa.. Ends him in one turn..lol... But indeed.. The most noteworthy for eltri is the status removal especially useful for the raids..
  12. Online
    zaelya81

zaelya81 Level 8

His proc chance is higher? Really? Complete RNG and no data backing up this claim...sure, I believe you.

Also in Arena, needing your team to stay alive + enough crystals go to your Eltri so he has burst + hoping you didn't do enough damage to the other team so they're still alive for the heal to be useful + praying that Eltri does proc so you do get healed + then finally winning.....no. Heals will, for now, be completely useless. Too much of an advantage for the attacker combined with opposite element bonus and Mura's buff.
  13. Online
    ChaosFX

ChaosFX Level 2

Full dps team works wonder when you have mono element team with multi target bb and all equip muramasa's hope that AoE bb will proc. In other hand if you run a healer balance setup team if you equip Eltri with mura's you're the one who do it wrong because Eltri should equip a Royal shield which provide +50% def for 3 turns so he can last untill 3rd turn and hope to pop that heals, unless you facing full mono fire team. In future patch when alot units with bb multi target hitting chance to inflict status effect you'll see how usefull Eltri for arena team. Rainbow team > mono team in future content base on current japanese server.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  14. Online
    Grunt

Grunt Level 8

Breaker Phoenix just become allot better especially in a mono fire team since his 6* got a AoE SBB and 3 turnl heal. ( like selena)
  15. Online
    zaelya81

zaelya81 Level 8

First, Japanese BF =/= Global BF, bringing that argument is irrelevant for the time being.

Secondly, why do you keep bringing up BB in Arena? It takes far too long for it to build, and if the enemy hits you with their AoE BB (with status effects that you like mentioning so much) you're dead anyway... Unless HP is at least upped 3x, Mura + attacker advantage is much too strong for any defensive play to even be relevant.

Having just hit Sage (not high but enough to have experience) rank, here's how all my fights go: I pick a Light team to fight -> I go 1st as always with Mura's equipped -> at least 2 to 4 are dead in 1 turn -> I win. Healing is useless if the unit is dead. There is absolutely no point in bringing a healer, fights don't last long enough. Play to your strengths, fight people you have the advantage against.
  16. Online
    abcdafuq

abcdafuq Level 16

Relax bro, not everyone have units like you do, you can say that cuz you have a great team but some of us still don't have good enough offensive units and still rely on healer. We're just talking about which one is more useful in certain condition than the other. Why start an argument when we're just giving our opinions.
    Kelvgoh and ChaosFX like this.
  17. Online
    JhuJhuBear

JhuJhuBear Level 16

I prefer Phoenix over Eltri. For the same reasons posted here. If you are worried about status ailments, bring the right item (antidote, tonic, stimulant, etc.) since you will probably be inflicted with only one type of status ailment anyway. Ive played all three worlds have rarely seen (fourfold pillar) more than one status ailment inflicted.

Healer is useless in arena. By the time your healer procs BB you probably have only 3 units MAX, including eltri, to be healed. Even if the healer procs BB, they will be taken out and wont get to proc their bb 9 times out of 10. Ive battled against plenty eltris and usually he gets taken out first and i dont even have one fire unit.
  18. Online
    Trystansr

Trystansr Level 60 Moderator

Yeah, you can bring the right item. Except you can only bring 10. And you have 5 team members. And those status get applied all the time. So by the third turn or so you're out of items. Personally, I run tree and bring a phoenix friend if I think I'm going to need healer support.
  19. Online
    JhuJhuBear

JhuJhuBear Level 16

You have a good point. I guess i use the items conservatively. I dont use them until it drastically affects my units. Plus the most of the boss battles dont last long enough for me to use BB more than once. During the tougher battles i usually only get to use my BB's twice. So to me that equates to about 10 items.
  20. Online
    Trystansr

Trystansr Level 60 Moderator

True. I've just run into battles where I didn't know what (if any statuses) were going to be applied, and had to sit and watch as Wyvern proceeded to paralyze my entire team for multiple turns. If I had known, I could have brought stimulants. As it is, as long as the tree is free he can cure everyone else, and I don't have to worry about knowing what items to bring ahead of time.