Discussion in 'General' started by Avalt, Mar 6, 2014.
www.perk.com/perk/invite/34a0626b if you guys wanna ref
Giving this a try! Do support if you can www.perk.com/perk/invite/eb593b80
Add me please ref.B07397f8
How can android user use this for gems
Go to the link at the top, it gives info for users outside US
You can buy almost anything off of amazon however i would get the paypal cards as itunes accepts paypal. You will need a paypal account though
The app works for android, i know android uses googleplay or something which may be like itunes but not sure. If thats the case im sure you can deposit paypal into it. Sorry im unfamiliar with android
Hmm. interesting. Might give this a try.
My referral link:
Please add me!!!
Nope still not working :/ I got around 60 points before this happened
Alright, so here I am putting up how I am running my desktop with multiple clients, after scouring the internet for info:
Feel free to refer the OP or me using this referral code: ed87aa7e if you think we helped you out.
1. Download this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/android-x86/files/Release 4.4/android-x86-4.4-RC1.iso/download
2. Download and install the emulator: https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/4_0
3. Open up, "Create a New Virtual Machine"
4. Installer disc image file(iso): choose the file downloaded in step 1. Next.
5. Virtual machine name: anything you want, Location: not important. Next.
6. Maximum disc size: 1GB (if you are only using PerkTV), split virtual disk into multiple files. Next.
7. Customize hardware, Memory: 512MB (minimum, this is good enough for me), Network Adapter: Bridged. Close, Finish.
8. Press "OK" / "remind me later" if anything pops up. You should now be at some bootup menu, choose "Installation - Install Android-x86 to harddisk".
9. After the create finished running, choose "Create/Modify partitions".
10. Go to "New", press Enter.
11. "Primary", Enter, Enter.
12. "Bootable", Enter.
13. "Write", type 'yes', Enter.
14. "Quit", Enter.
15. Back in the bootup menu thingie, choose "sda1 Linux VMware...", Enter
16. Choose "ext3", Enter
17. Choose "Yes" thrice.
18. Let the process finish writing, then choose "Reboot".
19. Back in the bootup menu, choose to start Android (first option at the top).
20. Proceed to setup Android 'tablet' - skip the wifi, login with a google account (you can do the same google acct on multiple VMware clients) etc.
21. After the initial setup of the 'tablet', go to Settings, turn "Sleep" and "Daydream" off.
22. Then go to Security, enable "Unknown sources" and uncheck "Verifiy apps".
23. You could go to sounds and turn off any sounds if you want as well, may save some power? idk.
23. Open the browser, enter this address: http://sojib6.store.aptoide.com/app/market/com.juteralabs.perktv/13/4971216/Perk TV
[you could copy and paste this somewhere convenient for you to access inside the android, e.g. your own facebook then just login to your FB in the android and get this address out again]
24. Click "requires aptoide", and proceed to download the aptoide .apk file.
25. Click the android main menu button (middle one at bottom of screen), then navigate your way to your "downloads" folder (click multi-dot icon), then click on the aptoide apk, install aptoide.
26. Go back to the browser to download PerkTV 1.1.2 from the address. (1.1.2 is more stable compared to the latest 1.1.5).
27. Open up aptoide app or using the web aptoide and search for "Ultimate Rotation Control", to keep your apps in portrait mode (just select portrait after you installed and opened up this app).
FOR SOME REASON, I DON'T SEEM TO GET TO ENTER REFERRAL CODE USING THIS METHOD. IF YOU WANT TO ENTER ANY REFERRAL CODES, MAKE SURE YOU SIGN UP USING YOUR MOBILE OR SOMETHING ELSE BEFOREHAND. THEN JUST LOGIN TO THE SAME PERKTV ACCOUNT AFTER YOU SET UP THE EMULATOR.
28. Now open PerkTV and enjoy.
29. Repeat steps 3 onwards to create multiple VMwares. Should be fast now that you are familiar with the process.
FAQ / How I'm running it:
1. I think it's 2 videos for 4 points.
2. I run 4 clients on 1 accounts. (Perk says they allow multi devices on 1 account, but NOT multi-accounts). 3 or 4 is the limit per account because if your videos play too fast, you get a message telling you that you watched them too fast and you don't get points if that message pops up. Movie trailers are longer than App trailers, but App trailers seems to go into movie trailers after some time anyway. Try to stagger your playing time somehow.
3. Sometimes a black screen occurs, leave it and it should load back after awhile. With version 1.1.5, it crash-closes the trailers, so I recommended 1.1.2.
4. When claiming rewards for the first time in PerkTV, they require you to provide a landline (home, ground line) number that they will do an automatic call and give you some verification code. Apparently you CAN use your cell phone number as well.
5. I'm not sure how the actual cashout process works out, but it should be very simple if you are in the US. Of course, there are people that attest to the authenticity of this program in the links below.
6. For people not from the US / canada / relevant areas, I do not have a good solution for you yet - maybe someone can post up a solution.
7. If VMware does not work for you, you can check out VirtualBox instead (third link below).
8. Estimated gains are about 2000 points a day, and prizes average at 1000 points per dollar. But the great thing is that this is passive, the videos keep on running even when you are at work / sleeping etc.
External Resources / References:
Thanks to original OP for this.
Let me know if I missed anything out.
EDIT: 1.1.4 is also found to be unstable after awhile :S I still think 1.1.2 is more stable. More testing in progress.
10mar14: VMplayer link upgraded to 6.0.1. Not sure if this will help with the the crashes.
11mar14: Having success running this on VMplayer 6.0.1. 8 clients haven't crashed or returned to the Trailers List screen for 5 hours straight.
I'm confused as to how this works... I've had it playing for an hour and only earned 6 points...
Edit: 2 hours now and 9 points... this is seeming pointless lel
Thank you for the in depth info, i really appreciate it!!!!!!! Yes they require you to provide a number where you receive an automated call only for your FIRST PURCHASE. As for how you are given gift cards. The gift codes will be given to you where it says "My
Account" in the pull out menu to the left. As for the authenticity of the program, the program makes its money when ads are played which advertises the app or movie. The only thing that sucks is how some of the more expensive gift cards require you to watch a certain amount of videos such as 5,000 videos watched before u can purchase a 5$ card.
Thats a bit weird.. Every activity gives a minimum of 4 points
crazy useful, espcially since I was looking for something like this after I saw the post....and double epecially since my tablet's not working properly at the moment. now I'm not completely screwed in general lol.
p.s. I hope the mods add this to thier gem guide soon; extremely useful passive income if all of this works out.
Uhh, I was running 4 clients one night on 1.1.2 and none of them stopped. But I tried running 8 clients (2 accounts =P) AND THEY RETURNED TO THE LIST OF TRAILERS
Now, I think more testing needs to be done. Or we can change any of the variable: Emulator, Android .iso, and PerkTV version.
Someone post up if they have some discovery. I'll try running 6 clients tonight on 1.1.2 :S
I tried running 2 clients over night and they returned to the list of trailers. How do you keep it running over night nonstop?
uhhh, i only successfully ran overnight once on my desktop. Still trying to figure out how to circumvent the 'crash' sorry! But from the slickdeals forum thread, it seemed like there was a 'server down' yesterday or something.
I guess this app runs well on mobiles, but not so well on an emulator at the moment
But I guess you could still use a computer to run clients when you are doing stuff on your comp / laptop as a passive background activity to choke up the points. Just check on it once in awhile, maybe hour+?
You can tinker with things a little and let us know! The slickdeals forum is pretty active on this.
UPDATE: *didn't seem to crash for 5hours continuous since my last post*
Heads up for all of you using Perk TV on VMs. Apparently, they are starting to crack down on it with it being explicitly stated on their FB to be not allowed.
Edit: Is there anyone who can help me with the landline verification since they don't allow Singapore's number to be used.
erps dai. oO ur singaporean too haha, I'm getting a friend to help me with that. I'm not sure how they can distinguish between a VM android or a legit device's android.
Separate names with a comma.