1. Join App Invasion Developers today and help support indie game developers!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarifying Droideka's Skill

Discussion in 'General' started by Betta Gutta, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

Droideka's skill description is very confusing, and I often witness people making erroneous statements in regard to its function. I'd like to clear this up for everyone once and for all. At skill 40, the description reads, "This unit is immune to all attacks from enemies in the same column, as long as the total damage received by the unit does not exceed 70% of its max HP."

How Droideka's skill actually works:

Droideka begins taking damage from enemy units in the same column when 30% of its max HP remains (At skill 40). In other words, Droideka is immune to ALL damage from enemies in the same column until his HP drops below 30%.

Until his HP drops below 30%, Droideka will ONLY take damage from enemy units in other columns.

Droideka is immune to ANY amount of damage from the column directly in front him. You read correctly! No enemy card in the same column can damage Droideka whatsoever. This includes Mace MOV, Yoda GM, etc.

When his total HP drops below the set percentage (based on skill level) due to incoming damage from other columns, then Droideka also takes damage from his own column. His skill will not reactivate when repaired by a mech. Once his HP drops too low, he is susceptible to all incoming attacks.

Chanjar, however, does affect the skill, and Droideka should typically be nullified.

Droideka's weakness is boosted mids and spread attacks (like Sid SD).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. Owen Scara

Owen Scara Level 38

U dont have to nullify it, thats the best. It it gets a chanjar its skill works only until 21% but for the same column it is still unbeatable. Against meds it will die anyway cuz if u nullify it that 12k deffense is easy to hit.

Deka is against short heavy (non sweep attack) forms like ygm.

Other than that, one to the corner and dooku dl next to it. In this case u have to nullify them, but here its deffense doesnt matter as it can gets only from its own column (immune) and from dooku dl's column what has -30% attack already.

3. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

True - if your opponents have no mids, sweep attack shorts, or other units that attack outside of their own column (snipers, some vehicles, etc.) then you wouldn't need to nullify Deka. However, when Chanjared, Droideka's skill only remains active until his HP reaches 79% of its maximum compared to the typical 30% (at skill 40). That can make a huge difference if your goal is to maintain the skill as long as possible while your own cannons do their job.

4. Owen Scara

Owen Scara Level 38

The main problem is, that u can nullify only 1 row, and with this meta, u have nullify that row what will win the battle for u. Deka cant do that, and if u nullify it, your mids and snipers r protectless against the opponent skills (such as acc down, deff down, etc.)

5. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

This is true. Its what makes Droideka a niche card and why it is used only by some players. Droideka needs to be strategically used. I personally would not bother using it if I can't work it into a deck in which it is nullified. For example, I did use a droideka at one point in my old Blizzard Tie form to protect my Sim and SCP in the middle row.

6. Owen Scara

Owen Scara Level 38

As for me, i used it both way:

image.jpg

Here its nullified, and the main goal is to decrease the battlefield to only 2 columns

image.jpg

Here second row is nullified, the dekas on the corner r bases, cuz its skill working anyway against ygm.

Only issue with deka (other than its 50 cap) that u do too many time out loss.

7. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

Very interesting. Nice Pre Viz by the way!

8. DANOSAUR

DANOSAUR Level 15

Quick clarification, a pierce attack in the same column as Droideka still hits units behind him?

Edit: We really need a card that does this. Protects only against Pierce perhaps, so as not to be overpowered. Snipers and cross pattern fair game.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Egotrippin77 and Betta Gutta like this.
  9. Owen Scara

Owen Scara Level 38

Yes. Deka protects only itself.

Betta Gutta likes this.
  10. GQ79

GQ79 Level 52

Don't mind me, just bumping around...

Betta Gutta likes this.
  11. Hu Chi

Hu Chi Level 40

12. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

Bump to inform

13. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

Bump for information's sake

14. Nabias

Nabias Level 21

I use Deka for one specific purpose. I run the deck you see below. Since I run EVA up x2 and ACC down x1 (I'm working on teemto now), I don't bother with null. If the other side has chanjar, I'm toast. I only use my deka to keep Deathstarkin alive. Since my EVA deck is built to keep me alive until the end, I need Tarkin TM to go off, and the deka in row 2 does a great job of staying alive. In this position, he is only vulnerable to snipers (or vehicles) in one specific column, #2. Nobody else can touch him, so he stays alive very well.

dynamic_deck_image.png

15. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

That is a certainly a good spot for Droideka. If you do upgrade your mids in the long term, they could benefit from being nullified. That way they aren't affected by down skills.

16. Nabias

Nabias Level 21

Yes, that's the goal. I have some trade bait, but don't know where to go next with my form.

17. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

I would slowly work on those mids or work try to build a 5* scp.

18. Nabias

Nabias Level 21

Don't want to get too far off topic for the thread, but what mids? Nobody really has been able (or willing maybe) to tell me. I wish there was a mid that was decent (i.e. above a 3*) that worked with Kalani (4* Super Battle Droid Please cough cough).

19. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 43

I'm with you on that - I wanted one for a while as I had 4 kalani in my back row. I ran double boosted Old Jangos, Old Bobas, Aurra HG, and Boba DFH at different times. All were good.

20. Nabias

Nabias Level 21

Thanks for the advice.