1. Join App Invasion Developers today and help support indie game developers!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blade of Dorin Advice (Guide Under Construction)

Discussion in 'General' started by Betta Gutta, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

Guide section is under construction. I will work on this in my spare time based on input from the community.

Please feel free to begin to discuss/request advice related topics in the mean time.

Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 4.19.44 PM.png
    Best 5* and 4* Pilot:
    Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 4.26.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 4.18.14 PM.png
    Best Co-pilot:
    Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 4.18.47 PM.png

Second Best Co-pilot:
    Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 4.26.39 PM.png

Sample Starter Form:
    [​IMG]

As you progress with your Blade form you may opt to move the Blade's to the front line. Moving the Blades up allows for more boosting options:
    [​IMG]

Blade Boosters:

Current boosting options for the Blades include Queen Amidala, Senator Palpatine, 5* Rey, Maz Kanata, Bail Organa, R4, BB-8, C3PO-R2D2. 5* Finn can also play a vital part in the blade form. However, not all of the boosters can be used due to the need for prep skills and limited space.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.53.02 PM.png
    Queen Amidala: A skill 40 emax Queen adds 15% to all stats for both Blades. Even a base Queen can serve as a great booster for the Blades.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.53.20 PM.png
    Senator Palpatine: A skill 40 emax Senator Palpatine adds 20% to the attack of both Blades. In most instances, he should be placed between the 2 Blades in order to boost them both. Senator Palpatine is a "must have" card for an effective Blade form.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.53.47 PM.png
    Rey: A skill 50 Awakened Rey adds 6% to all stats for both Blades when properly set in the form. A skill 40 Rey adds 5* to both Blades. In order for her skill to work, Rey needs to be placed in the same row as the frontmost row where the Blade resides (i.e. if the Blades are up front, Rey needs to be up front as well).

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.53.34 PM.png
    Maz Kanata

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.54.03 PM.png
    Bail Organa:
    Bail is a vital piece of the Dorin pie. At skill 40, bail provides a 10% boost to all stats. Before you have Queen, a single Bail is enough because he can be positioned to boost both Blades. However, after putting a Queen in your form, you'll need two Bails in order to boost both Blades.

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 8.54.16 PM.png
    R4-G9

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.21.01 AM.png
    C3PO-R2D2: This card provides a 5% boost to all stats of the leader card. If you use this card, make sure you make your main Blade pilot your leader so the right card gets the boost.

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.21.20 AM.png
    BB-8: This card provides a 5% boost to all stats of the leader card. If you use this card, make sure you make your main Blade pilot your leader so the right card gets the boost.

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.20.29 AM.png
    Finn: Finn is EXTREMELY important for vehicle forms. His skill is OP. Finn has a high proc rate, and when it procs he takes the damage from an adjacent card. If you place Finn on the outside column next to the Blade, he will always take the damage from your Blade on that turn. He even reduces the damage by 80% at skill 50.

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.30.34 AM.png
    Aayla Secura

There are other cards out there that do not provide a boost to the Blades, but still offer great support for them.

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.35.15 AM.png

Master Yoda EOD

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.30.54 AM.png
    C-3PO (Golden God)

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 7.31.08 AM.png
    4* Finn (mini 3PO GG)

Some Blade forms choose to run attack up prep skills.

Other Blade forms choose to use nullify (support deck) on the Blades and run down skills or Chanjar.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed and continues to contribute to the making of this guide. I'd also like to thank @MetalGeekMark whose work on www.swfcstats.com allowed me to capture the great screen shots for this thread.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    binary flotsam and sarahshukla like this.
  2. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

3. Tr1bes

Tr1bes Level 33

love this thread already

4. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

A week ago I never thought I'd be in the Dorin club. Has anyone tried running Padme FT between the Dorins? I imagine it could really help you take down other vehicle forms if she happens to line up

5. Bacon Avenger

Bacon Avenger Level 41

I did when I first ran Dorins and I liked it but I can't remember why I traded her.... Well I think I wanna try her again vs certain vehicles

6. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

Me too. I'm gonna hunt one down. The Natural has one in his open trades if you go there.

Bacon Avenger likes this.
  7. Lord Vespasian

Lord Vespasian Level 20

My Dorin has been retired for a few months now, I was among the earliest users...

First and most important: Boost, boost, boost... Everything outside of your ChanJar should be boosting/protecting the Dorins:
    Boost: Queen, Bail, Sen pal, Maz, (When needed: ACC Droid), (maybe, after her buff: Padme RS), Rey, (If not using Rey: BB8/R2C3), and at least one of Finn 5* or C3PO
    Secondly: Nullify and Prox Alarm
    Third: 5* Plo and R7D4
    Fouth: ChanJar

Have that and you have a solid Double Dorin.

Thatguynobodyknows likes this.
  8. joesoxca

joesoxca Level 29

I'm sure we are going to see a ton of differing opinions, things like chanjar, Maz, Aayla, are all personal preferences. I think everyone can agree there are a lot of alternate pieces though, and a lot of those cards fit into that category.

Should we structure a beginners setup? 4* plo blades with Bail and Sen Pal all behind a front line is a cheap starter form that's good for PG10, so maybe we should at least touch on that.

There are several people who have made and held PG13 with dual blades. Maz, Finn, Aayla and Chan Jar are all variable pieces between those forms. I can personally share while Maz is a great contributor, I found Finn more essential.

One of the things that I liked about blades initially, is the fact there are so many differing opinions and variations of the form. I know I'm currently running three different sets of blades as well based on opponent. Double concussion, concussion jammer, and concussion high class targeting.

I think the core is pretty basic: bail, queen, Sen Pal, Null and Prox. After that I do think everything is negotiable and varies based on opponent and personal preference. Whether you have at least a Queen base and the two skill 40 bails is the obvious line for when you should start fronting the Blades instead of running a defensive line. I would argue the Finn/Threepio is the next most important piece after that core. Some feel Aayla is key for Threepio, personally I switch my ACC droid to front row mid with 5* Finn moving to the wing. Their option is a little more reliable, mine is vastly cheaper.

Maz is great, but based on her skill I think the Finn/threepio protector component is key to making her worth it so your blades live long enough when lines meet to really crank up her skill. I know both Bacon and I were able to flip skill 40 Maz for queen bases, so it's a good incremental step, build up a maz till you can flip it and toppers for your next queen base to evo.

9. Lord Vespasian

Lord Vespasian Level 20

Aayla is only necessary when the opponent has a Nullified C3PO. When she was released, Double C3 in the centre of the Front Row was a very common practice... she basically allowed the amazing ATK power of the Dorin's to actually target and defeat Yoda GM (Not an easy feat back then).

Aayla was a great card in that she was good, in particular for two forms, Double Dorin and Super Jugg... but for different reasons: Jugg didn't need the Nullify against C3PO... but the Boost to Def was useful. While Dorin was the opposite: the boost is barely there... 8% on a tiny Defence... is likewise, tiny. it was the Direction that was needed.

With C3PO getting less Front Line playtime now... it opens him up to ChanJar... making her unnecessary to Dorin forms (JG did likewise to her use in Juggs)

If you want to stay PG13... I'd say Rey is essential: that boost may only be 6%.... but that is 900~ more ATK.... twice per ship.

But it is important to note: I moved away from Double Dorin (at great heartache) because... relative to New releases... Dorin is getting weaker...

I'd argue Maz is all the more important with Dorin these days... because of that. at sk50... you have an extra 5% by turn 4. By the time the frontlines meet... it is more than 10%. 1,620 more ATK by turn 8... twice per turn. (If I remember right the lines will meet on turn 9??)

C3PO and Finn 5* are interchangeable... But a big mistake I've seen a few do... is put them on the second line. this is a mistake. He has has has to be in the Nullified row... which if done properly is the Front Line. Otherwise they may as well not be there. Personally I refuse to use C3PO purely because he was such an absolute annoying bastard to face against... I don't feel the same with Finn...Maybe cus he is limited in what fire he is taking into himself.

I'll argue it again, too, that if you are facing another Vehicle form... drop the ChanJar... and use 2 Rex2's. In a vehicle form the only pieces worth chanjaring are Nullified... no point wasting the spots.

ACC Droid: Useful... but only needed if you see a row of JJB or GG... and with his recent Buff... most likely Cad too.

Bail, Queen... No one could argue their importance. Sen pal... I would say close to equally important... he only misses out vs EVA forms because EVA cards tend to have below average DEF.

Dorin, will get you to PG13. but until Plo gets awakened, or a new card comes out that buffs the ships further... they just struggle to break down FO forms.

10. joesoxca

joesoxca Level 29

A lot of good points. As I said I'm not an Aayla supporter though I see her worth. I like the Acc droid instead because her proc does nothing to actually kill threepio since he still gets his evade, so a front row one with decent firepower behind him can still be dangerous.

I'ld love to plug Rey in on my wing slot, but I've relegated her to waiting till I complete my queen. (evo 2 now) I actually have her at a higher priority than Maz for my building though. I was running a skill 40 Maz, and loved her, but I find I'm either already winning by enough when the lines meet it doesn't matter, or I'm behind enough it doesn't matter. She is a great compliment piece, but I would rank Queen>bail>sen Pal>rey>maz for the straight boosters.

I also agree on the relative strength of Dorin's vs newer cards. I've beat forms with a couple newbaccas, but I chalk that up to their weak frontlines. Phasma and Ventress fronts though, I've found I have no chance.

I also like Finn more than threepio, but for a different reason. Since Finn pulls damage from the card, he covers 5 Spots of short attacks when the lines meet VS Threepios three. Threepio feels cheesy, Finn feels bad ass. It's funny how it works out.

Rex is on my future list, currently I swap in a speeder for two prep skills.

I run the acc droid on the wing for one Blade constantly as it's useful against back row weirdos when not running chan jar. Cad, TRH, hidden threepio and Finn 4*. It's wasted sometimes, but its worth it to me to avoid bad luck streaks as well.

As far as the Padme FT question, the problem with FT between the blades is you have to put sen pal and Queen in the line of fire for the blizz/jug then vs flipping the form to protect them. Less of a factor against Jugg since you can't avoid it, but a huge issues against blizz.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  11. Bacon Avenger

Bacon Avenger Level 41

As far as Padme ft vs juggs, The pg13 jugg form is pretty good against dorins because our support row is always in one of the middle rows and the jug can always hit both middle rows. But typically, a nulled jug gets their attack up to 18-20k last time i did calculations and a padme ft could really give the dorins a few more turns to deal with any 5* finns or c3p0 ggs they might have.

To me Aayla is very situational. I typically use her when im going against vehicles that have redirect cards like any finn or c3p0. Just put a republic pilot in a snowspeeder and stick even a base aayla near it out of pierce damage range and with some luck that snowspeeder can ignore the redirects and take out those monsters.

Unfortunately, @Lord Vespasian is right the staying power of the dorin form in pg13 is wanning with the high defense of FO forms and the killing power of newbacca. Even the Suger jugg is hard for Dorins given RNG and multiple redirect cards.

I really like the idea of organizing the guide from beginning Dorin form to end game dorin user. I also like all the options Dorin forms get. The essential 8 spots for the ships and the 4 for the 2 bails, queen and sen pal and then the remaining 6 spots can be used by damn near anything you want.

Also a note of interest about Chanjar and null before queen. Using only Bail and sen pal the combat boost to attack is 30% and with null that's a guaranteed 30%. If you have awakened leia sk50, awakened cin drallig sk50 and awakened poe sk50 that attack boost is 70%. Add in the 30% from Sen pal and bail and you have 100%. 100% reduced by chanjar makes it 30%. So before Queen, Rey or maz and if you have those 3 prep skills, I would say don't go with null. I would suggest to only Null once your total combat boosts exceed 30% or when you have more than Bail and Sen pal.

Betta Gutta and Lord Vespasian like this.
  12. joesoxca

joesoxca Level 29

I've been thinking vs Jugg a back row boushh might be more advantageous then FT, but am unsure on final Jugg Acc numbers.

13. Lord Vespasian

Lord Vespasian Level 20

Possibly... But, most use Rex1. Not only that.. but the cards Jugg clears out fastest (the support) tend to have bad EVA anyway...

But it could work.

14. joesoxca

joesoxca Level 29

Yeah, I can't see a reliable way to save the support cards, FT and Boushh a jug is still going to own a queen, sen pal, and anything else. But the most common result I've seen is the blade and jug take each other out same turn and then it's one blade vs Ani JG and the clones. If the other blade can survive it's a huge advantage.

3 P2s in place of prep skills is really the best answer, but expensive.

15. fredthebadger

fredthebadger Level 44

I see you planning behind my back :mad:

Anyway, how about something like this:
    [​IMG]
    The idea is basically that the right-hand Blade is the important one and gets all the boosts.

16. AD Motti

AD Motti Level 42

For my main (read: used 99% of the time) form, I do not run prox alarm at all. I run the very standard HP lv5, Skill Proc lv5 and Null lv1. Chanjar is too essential to chance a missed proc.

17. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

Since I can't afford Queen, I've liked the suggestion of using Poe, Luke X-wing, and Drallig as boosts. They are all a 100% proc rate with prep 3 to my understanding.

18. Bacon Avenger

Bacon Avenger Level 41

I don't echo his sentiment of Chanjar being that essential. I'm probably one of the only forms in pg13 to not use Rey or Chanjar. And when I get demoted I promise you, it has not a thing to do with lack of possessing Chanjar and all to do with getting my ass handed to me by awakened cards.

sarahshukla and Betta Gutta like this.
  19. Bacon Avenger

Bacon Avenger Level 41

I run with prep skill up lvl 2 and all my skills besides saesee tiin activate 100% because he's a medium skill proc

Betta Gutta likes this.
  20. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 46

I've got my 2x TFO and Padme ready for hp 5, prep 3, prox 3. I just need a couple cheap cards for the support deck and the cap space to fit those TFO in