1. Join App Invasion Developers today and help support indie game developers!

For more details click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone notice how Konami is slowly nerfing Chanjar?

Discussion in 'General' started by METALLIC579, Mar 1, 2017.

1. METALLIC579

METALLIC579 Level 16

Most of the last few 5*s and alot of the 4*'s with skills to be released have skills immune to ChanJar. Is Chanjar going to slowly lose it's viability?

gotheem likes this.
  2. hammy~the~hamsta

hammy~the~hamsta Level 56

Yes its already been noticeable with a considerably higher amount of chanjars being traded.
    Of course it will still be useful until a huge range of skills are immune to chanjar. For now triple defense up is still a thing, politicians still can be chanjarred.
    Tbh I have been wondering for a long time about queen and scp being awakened. It seemed to be a them for awhile where a card was released shortly before an old cards was awakened that made the old card obsolete. I wonder if they will make a non chanjarrable queen/scp b4 awakening the actual queen/scp. or at the same time.

My opinion on this is "yes, finally!" but at the same time its just a lazy move and a way to make old cards even more obsolete.

smutpedler likes this.
  3. skywlkr76

skywlkr76 Level 36

Anything that makes Jar Jar go way is a good thing

4. Space

Space Level 35

I for one like it but the old skills won't be completely obsolete...

They are making the new janchar free skills more specific then any other skills

So future ones will be too like republic Jedi skill up or rebel medium or ... You get the picture. This new skill is safe cause vehicles need soooo much more then one skill card with can all be janchared

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  5. λrcTrooper ibis.a

λrcTrooper ibis.a Level 23

Yeah the new 4* skill is pretty cool addition to vehicles BUT there is no way I'm unnulling my jugg when there are 7+ other boosters that can be affected by the damned Chanjar.

GiantPenguinCavalier and Space like this.
  6. Fell Swarm

Fell Swarm Level 30

It's a mix. Chanjar goes away because of new skills, old skills return, Chanjar returns... if anything it'll just mean Chanjar's no onger the default skill set, which would be welcome.

Space likes this.
  7. Space

Space Level 35

If it is not the default skill set I would occasionally pop into pg 14 and get a lot of draws (especially vs LS) but truthfully this is probably the right way to nerf Janchar

Of course it would be better if the card didn't exist but it does. A slow chipping away at it's usefulness is better in the long run but they must start releasing more prep skills like this. Reasonable would be ~ one a month or 1.5 months so its gradual. I just hope they do one for separatist shorts lol

8. Invadersir

Invadersir Level 19

They will be adding another Vehicle.... I kinda think that they should never have started by adding Chan Jar as a possibility... Or any skill down for that matter

9. MovOp

MovOp Level 20

Maybe Konomi finally figured chanjar and null killed Eva and are slowly trying to make it up to us:p That or they looked at all the "chanjar hate" that is being given by @Space ;)
    Lol, I'm glad that they are nerfing em

10. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 36

possibly. i think its more that they just realize that chanjar has taken over the meta to the point where it's rendered alot of cards pretty useless (whether they actually were or not), and the only way to salvage them is to push people away from using chanjar as a default.

11. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 44

Konami couldn't care less about old cards being obsolete. They want you buying packs for new cards.

Chanjar has the power to make new cards undesirable though, especially since you can only nullify one row to protect your combat skills from them.

If you have to nullify your shorts, are you going to waste money on a mid with a skill that just gets chanjared? No, not unless you switch to nullified mids.

This is a lazy chanjar counter based on money.

I much preferred more clever chanjar counters like the introduction of nullify and Sid RA (when he came out).

Konami knows they botched the game when they have to start making new op cards immune to one particular prep skill among dozens.

Konami!!

12. smutpedler

smutpedler Level 30

Fully agree with you and Hammy on this one. It's a lazy money making way to deal with a bad design choice that's become a monkey on their back affecting every future design choice.

13. Hangin & Bangin

Hangin & Bangin Level 17

I for one would be fine if theu just changed ChanJar skills entirely and got rid of the skill down skill they have now. I don't think too many would be upset with that change.

hammy~the~hamsta likes this.
  14. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 44

Except for those who overpaid for them lol

15. wc45

wc45 Level 43

Or 700 new Empire cards/skills to wash the Granny taste out of mouth.

16. Space

Space Level 35

The issue is the game is already in this state

So either they bring a new mechanism that changes everything like null did (which may have unintended consequences) or release cards that are immune slowly.

As much as I dislike the card and the bone head desion to make the card the way they did this general direction is fine.

If eventually you can get 2 skill ups protected or even bloody one the meta will have moved. One protected Eva up and I gain ~ 14% Eva versus janchar.... That will be enough in itself to be a game changer

17. Hangin & Bangin

Hangin & Bangin Level 17

At this point they have been in the game so long if you overpaid or didn't doesn't really matter. Plus if they give them a good new skill it wouldn't matter as much.

18. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 44

I disagree. People are still building them and trading for them at overpay now

Space likes this.
  19. GiantPenguinCavalier

GiantPenguinCavalier Level 36

they could always make them not fucking stack. that it would make 4* scp useless, but who cares? a 40% reduction on most skills isnt quite enough to totally ruin them.

20. Betta Gutta

Betta Gutta Level 44

True but it does still ruin jjgs. The stack is what let's it be so effective vs all Eva, atk, of def up.

If they made them not stack, I would no longer want mine at all.

If they change it, they should take mine. I would take free 5* of my pick in exchange like they did with their pre vizsla blunder

Space likes this.